MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
I got bored this afternoon so spent a couple of hours making a vid. Probably not the best showcase of my skills but who cares its about time I got something out there. Apologies for the quality, it was taken on my phone smile

Enjoy! Comments and critique welcomed *shudders*

New vid with new camera! - I shot this the morning after Strawberry Fair in my garden. Was in two minds as to whether to post it cos its a bit messy but I had fun making it so I thought what the hell. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more regular contributions up here now I have a decent camera so look out for more. Anyways here it is:

****New Vid****

Poi in the Punt 2

Some comedy moments in this one, and finally some footage of me with fire. No spoilers, just watch and enjoy. As always comments welcome.

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5598481944275817843

Cheers

Motley

EDITED_BY: Motley (1191870710)

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Nice flick, you've got some cool spinning coming along there. Yeah your right about the quality though, the framerate really ruins the poi alittle. I'd love to see a vid of yours in decent quality though. Good work, keep them coming biggrin
EDITED_BY: Mot (1154818234)

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
nice work dude as usual, good to see a hugwrap (?) caught on tape smile

you really should borrow my camera next time though! wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys

Yeah I'll have to do something a little better quality, and spend a little more time on it. Thanks for the offer of the camera Guy hug Maybe we can get some good footage at [Old link] - Shameless plug!

The hugwrap wasnt very clean, but yeah good to get it caught on tape biggrin

Motley
EDITED_BY: Motley (1154901424)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
same as mine... damn I wish I had some good software lol

nice moves dude biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

KittyKillenthusiast
365 posts

Posted:
that rocked...and for a phone cam that was not too bad better than most bounce2

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
New vid, please be gentle wink

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
very good buddy nice work smile

was wondering if you were going to turn right for awhile but you did in the end wink

See you thursday with any luck

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I really, really liked it- a man after my own heart biggrin

I don't have any criticisms really- good flow, good variation and some nice personal flourishes I haven't seeb before- I need to pick your brains at play smile (assuming you're going)

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
really very nice, another vid to remind me to work on throws smile

can't understand why you didn't wear your straw hat for it though wink

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
Beautiful stuff sir. Think its my favourite for a while! biggrin

... simplify ...

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the comments.

Matt - Just keeping you in suspense of course wink

Chutney - Yes I'll be there, can't wait! Look forward to sharing some ideas biggrin.

Yakumo - Alas the hat is no longer in my possesion frown

Icarus - glad you like it, i'm hoping to do a fire vid next so look out. I'll also try to work on finding a slightly more picturesque location biggrin

Motley
EDITED_BY: Motley (1182284435)

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Nice man: looks like loads of stuff has come together for you since I last saw you!

see you soon ! hug

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Whoops double post
EDITED_BY: Motley (1191711136)

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
****New Vid****

Poi in the Punt 2

Some comedy moments in this one, and finally some footage of me with fire. No spoilers, just watch and enjoy. As always comments welcome.

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5598481944275817843

Cheers

Motley
EDITED_BY: Motley (1191870742)

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
1) No, not that bad, but you did have some comedy moments biggrin ubbloco

2) No I didnt confused

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
wicked video dude! any chance of a higher res version? also I want to nab some other footage of the burn from you..

oh yeah and Winged Avenger is Karen

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

wicked video dude! any chance of a higher res version? also I want to nab some other footage of the burn from you..

Of course mate, I can burn the original footage to a CD for you or I can give you the tape, whichever is easier really. Quality on Guba is rubbish unfortunately, the original looks much better frown If anyone can host a higher quality version let me know biggrin

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
Or if you give it to me on Cd I'll stick it on Google video

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

Or if you give it to me on Cd I'll stick it on Google video

I figured you wanted the original footage to re-edit (maybe for the CCC promo vid?). I can upload to google video myself, will try to do it this evening. I had to cut out a lot of the fire footage to keep the length down, if you still want that I'll stick it on a CD and give it to you next week. I'm also thinking I might use some of the extra fire footage, together with some of whats in the PITP2 video to make a separate fire vid. Watch this space biggrin weavesmiley

Edit: Changed the above link to google vid smile
EDITED_BY: Motley (1191870872)

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
***NEW VID***

As promised I've re-edited some of the PITP2 fire footage, theres some stuff I didnt include before as well as I had to keep the length down. I don't have a fire vid "out there" at the moment (except some of the footage in PITP2) so I decided it was time to make one. Ive tried to be a bit more creative with the editing so let me know what you think. I borrowed some of the music I used in PITP2. Probably not the best fit with the style of spinning but I like the track so meh :P Anyway, as usual I hope you enjoy it, commets/critique welcome. I'm also hoping this one will prompt a few more people to check out the PITP2 video because it really is worth a watch wink

3:49 seconds play time. Simply entitled "With Fire".

Cheers

Motley
EDITED_BY: Motley (1192140149)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Hi Tom..

PITPunt.. fun fun.. sorry I couldn't make it smile

Mate, those ropes look silly! How rigid are they? you were basically stacking a stall on them and leaving it there- surely thats too rigid? They look like a nice weight (at least head to body/handle ratio wise) overall given the way they fly smile

Hope to see you before too long.. sorry its been this long already

MotleyGOLD Member
addict
434 posts

Posted:
Hi Chutters, didnt see this post before :P Yeah the ropes are a little silly, before I burnt them you could actually do perpetual stalls if you twisted them slightly, they are loosening up with use though and they are quite fun to play with. Apart from fuel weight they are perfectly balanced as they are identical at either end which makes them nice to throw.

Most of the footage I got with my monkey fists was too poor quality to use (theres a few seconds towards the end), mainly because they dont put out enough light for the auto focus (yes i know, should use manual) to work properly on the camera without supplemental light and both sets of snakes are a bit cumbersome to do a lot of stuff with. I'll try to get some decent footage with some "normal" poi soonish and do a vid that better represents what I can do.

You'll have to try to make it to PITP next year mate, bigger and better hopefully biggrin Hope to have a catch up before then though!

Motley