Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 18th Brizzle juggling convention! yeah baby.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
yes laydeez and gents, it's that time again!!

We all know and love it ubblove, the BrJCheeeese! ubbloco

here's the flyer:

clicky clicky

It rocks! see you there! ubbrollsmile

jammy hugs,

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

God dam, 27 isnt old....... its experianced tongue

ubbangel ubblol wink ubblol ubblol

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Strugz babe, if we are talking about age and you are old then I'm in my grave ubblol

I was refering to your time on HoP, but if you choose to feel old aged... well that's up to you tongue

I still feel like I'm 6 years old ubblol bounce Where did I leave my the playdoh and the wax crayons?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

i was going to say mature then but thought better of it ubblol)

Like a fine wine. Or a strong cheese....

I'm 26 going on 50 so my time is soon...

Written by: maus

Dunno what you're talking about hun....if you mean the veryu kind Strugz allowing me to share his tent at BJC, then no i didn't mind....well apart from the fact his zimoframe took up quite a bit of space, but i guess thats to be expected when people reach that sort of age!

You got yours yet?

I'm awaiting the day when technology has advanced enough to have cybernetic hip replacements... Either that or Back to the Future -style Hover-Zimmers

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

Strugz babe, if we are talking about age and you are old then I'm in my grave ubblol

I was refering to your time on HoP, but if you choose to feel old aged... well that's up to you tongue

I still feel like I'm 6 years old ubblol bounce Where did I leave my the playdoh and the wax crayons?

Females don't get old Skully, we just learn more, and find new ways to multi task! wink ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sweet so - you can prove you multi-tasking skills next time i see you wink ubblol

ubbangel

Skully - my time on HOP is about your mental age then i guess ubblol hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
s'alright strugz, next time you're feeling old just come to guildford and hang out with grandad keith. ubblol i'll try and bring him with me if i actually make it to any of this... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

WhiteTigernewbie
15 posts

Posted:
skully, when you say a 'small' gathering, how small are you talking? coz i'm keen to come up but i don't want to drag my mates up to sit in a field with nothing to do...i was under the impression this was quite a big gig! can anyone please let me in on a few facts about what we can expect when we get there? I might have to leave the groupies at home! that is disappointing that the fire show is weds - how come i was told that there was a big finale show on saturday night? that's what i was most looking forward too! Is this an actual show or simply lots of people meeting in a field??

My tent is packed anyways, but i don't want to mis-sell the experience to my mates!!

any clues much appreciated!!

WT x

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
I'm sure i'll get corrected but to be honest if they are not spinners or jugglers they might be a little bored. My bloke is not a spinner or juggler but he knows an awful lot of people so he normally hangs out and talks to people. If your friends are really socialable or willing to try different things then they'll be fine but if they have a tendancy to stick together and not really join in it might not be for them. The atmosphere at Bristol is really chilled and everyone is really lovely, so i can recommend it highly. It's very informal but to get the most out of it, you really need to join in.

There is an "actual" show, but it's mainly put together of attendees who have voluntered to take part, the games on the last weekend are fun though. Attendance wise, i can't say as i'm rubbish at guessing numbers but i'mn sure somebody can provide an accurate guess.

Hope that helps.

Gayle.....!

WhiteTigernewbie
15 posts

Posted:
cool thanks, my mates are sociable and up for a laugh, but would probably chill by the tent with a beer! I might leave some of them behind until i have sussed it out for myself to see if they'd enjoy it or not! I still wanna come up and meet you guys though! games sound fun but i am a real beginner!! I am good at baton and ok at staff but that is only because i used to be a baton twirler in a former existance!! I'm well up for trying new things but i still have one question! : is there going to be stalls that i can buy things to play with from? as i only have a set of home made practice poi and i'm not sure how long they will last! I thought i'd have a look around to help me decide which ones i liked best but if there isn't anything for sale up there i will have to order some from the web before i come!!

cheers for all your help HoPpers!

wt x

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
There are some stalls, but more juggling related instead of poi. There are some links around to different places selling poi (if you search) but i would suggest coming along and trying out different people's poi until you find some you like, then order them smile

Gayle.....!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Was that a badly disguised plug Gayle? ubblol

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol well, i thought about plugging Hyperloop but thought better of it! wink

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
I bought some fantastic poi at PLAY, they were all sparkly and shimery and lizard like and the sales lady was ever so helpful....i think they were called Hyperloop?

Gee...i hope they'll have a stall somewhere again soon....their poi were simply amazing!

And their hoops and hats were pretty special aswell!

I love hyperloop! biggrin ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove ubblove

wink

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hug Maus, I ubblove you!

Jon, gayle was being modest. She didn't want to sway anyone by telling them that her Hyperloop poi are the best practise poi that most people have ever spun. She wanted to give the competition a chance after all biggrin

ubblol

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Yeh ive heard of these hyperloop toys, they are amazingly sweet and tested by all the greatest spinners i know. ubblove

I even went to thier factory once, ive never seen so much fabric ready for the chop......

Great toys - great people and ............ well i think thats enough ubblove ubblove

they also do awesome bacon and egg sarnies (but im not sure they are always in stock wink)

(shall we rename the thread as well wink)

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah it's the Bristol Hyperloop Convention!!
(the jugglers can all go off somewhere and throw things at each other)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
redface so, back to the Bristol juggling convention... wink

Gayle.....!

WhiteTigernewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Cool, I'm a bit of a designer in my other life, perhaps i'll bring some drawings up to show you gayle for a hyperloop quote?!!

like to stand out in the crowd!!

got any more pics of your stuff i can have a peek at?

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
um.. just a question for someone who hasn't been before.. is it worth me coming for the sunday night-tues? is there heaps happening on that monday or tues, workshops, playing etc? would be great to catch up with all you bristolies too smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
ill be there. Might even stick around for a bit after and try and find a job. Anyone know of any going?

"Don't do it naked!"

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Excited to say I'm coming for the 2nd weekend. Got me a tent, a lift and some great people to go with... it's gonna be good biggrin

pixiejesterGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

um.. just a question for someone who hasn't been before.. is it worth me coming for the sunday night-tues? is there heaps happening on that monday or tues, workshops, playing etc? would be great to catch up with all you bristolies too smile

Last year there were workshops every day that I was there. The workshop's arent like booked before, people that are there can choose to do a workshop at a slotted time, if they wish to.

Last year me and my friends did a tight rope workshop, so watch out for that!

I'm going either the monday/tuesday, coming back friday after the show. And I have some new glo poi to swing. I sooooo looking forward to it!!

It could be worse - we could all have normal jobs.

If nobodies perfect, then I'm nobody.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
there is tight rope?!!! ooh ooh ooh! must walk on thin, difficult things!
it all sounds big-ly fun smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Every Day is FUN
Make sure you get there lovely
Ill be there for the last week - as it seems the last weekends Tv show has cancelled.....oh well more FUN to be had!!
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
boooo... our lucrative gig on the sat's been cancelled but YAAAAAAAAAYYYY.... I CAN COME TO BRISTOL THIS YEAR!!!*
bounce biggrin grouphug

*Fingers crossed....

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

pixiejesterGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Eveish

there is tight rope?!!! ooh ooh ooh! must walk on thin, difficult things!
it all sounds big-ly fun smile

we'll we should put it up again this year, I dont see why not. It's not really high, 18inches, but its fun!

It could be worse - we could all have normal jobs.

If nobodies perfect, then I'm nobody.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Yeah - bloody cancellations that lead to MORE fun - nightmare...NOT
Seeya there
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
me & laura & paul r comming biggrin

But just to go against the grain, we're gonna leave for the second weekend nana

bloody weadings.

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Does that mean Paul is going to get butt naked again and flash his modesty to the world? ubblol

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I certainly hope so! biggrin

Page: ...