Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > the 18th Brizzle juggling convention! yeah baby.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
yes laydeez and gents, it's that time again!!

We all know and love it ubblove, the BrJCheeeese! ubbloco

here's the flyer:

clicky clicky

It rocks! see you there! ubbrollsmile

jammy hugs,

Lx

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
salut pink lady!

do you know wheather garthy and si....will come along too???
and more details via pm please....

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
we've got a bloody gig on the sat night and as the last falmouth is on the first weekend i'll probably have to miss this for the first time since i started going... it's not gonna feel right without having this to end of my festie season... ubbcrying

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
dude can you still come for the day on Thurs and/or fri or somethin frown

Yey Gabe is coming! bounce Whoot! biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
got very little holiday left man... feelin very upset... frown

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Dude Dub- You have no excuse other than a few hundred miles!! I also have a TV show gig in London on the Saturday but im going and coming back for the final day even though i'll be going back to london after!!!
I will also have to miss the 1st weekend, but will be flying back from Ireland on the Monday.
So Dude - NO EXCUSES - and Gabes there
Double HORRAY

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireNix

So Dude - NO EXCUSES - and Gabes there

Double HORRAY

oooohhhhh well... actually , I won't be there... after much deliberations I have deliberated to NOT extend my ticket, but to fly back to Oz when originally planned at the beginning of September... I have been offered some work in Bris(bane) that sounds really good AND I have tix to fly to Common Ground in Ademalaide at the end of Sept.. which would all get a bit tight... SOOOO Bris(tol) will have to rock without me! hug

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Gabe! Noooo....

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
booo I am away with work, I hope you all have a lot of fun hug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hmmm... may try and get thurs/fri off then. I've just asked for four at the beginning of the month but they can only say no can't they? umm

When's the fire show, is it weds or thurs night? devil

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'll probably be doing this instead of Falmouth...

Hopefully I can get a Jea9 performing in the show, and contact and popping workshops from me...

Durbs, You have to come to this!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pixiejesterGOLD Member
57 posts

Posted:
I'm going!! I went last year for a couple of days. Hopefully I'll be there longer and for the big show on Friday!! Gonna take my new glo poi with me, haven't had the chance to use them yet.

See you all there!

It could be worse - we could all have normal jobs.

If nobodies perfect, then I'm nobody.

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

Hopefully I can get a Jea9 performing in the show

Could you not perform in the show together? I would really like to see that smile

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Well, given that I will now have a job during this time, it means that I can't go for the whole thing, but I think I'll make it for the weekend.

"Take that, math!"

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Jea9 and I perform together... wink

We always have a duet routine to make in the back of our minds, so one day...

Does anyone know who I should speak to about working at this festival? By working, I mean organising workshops, and performing... I sent an email to bristoljuggcon(at)hotmailblah blah, but haven't got a reply yet, so was wondering if there's somewhere better to send my requests?

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I fly back to Aus on the 20th, but I might be able to come for two days or so.. *bounces*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Does anyone know who I should speak to about working at this festival?

if you turn up at the beginning of the week you can arrange everything once you're there ed. it's very laid back...

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

Jea9 and I perform together... wink

We always have a duet routine to make in the back of our minds, so one day...

Excellent! biggrin

Could you make "one day" sometime between 16th and 24th September at Woodhouse park please? (err...I am strictly talking about a contact routine of course wink)

Written by: duballstar

it's very laid back

Understatement. Would anyone be willing and able to text/call me and let me know when the fire show is happening, as I won't be staying but popping over on a few evenings...experience tells me going by the planned date will probably mean missing it!

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Laid back isn't good enough, I'm afraid... Well, for me, it's ok, but for jea9 I need to know details...

She will be travelling from Switzerland or Brussels, and would need to know if she can perform before she arrives there, in case she does get told no. If that happens, I don't think she can come, because £75 a ticket, plus food and travel money isn't too cheap...

smile

Be Water My Friend.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
 Written by: miss corinthian

Would anyone be willing and able to text/call me and let me know when the fire show is happening

its usually weds night.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
@ liquifies through contact: to my knowledge the only people who work at Brizzle are the organisers, the cafe owners and the lovely door(wo)man. Bristol conv doesn't hire performers or issue free tickets to do the show because pretty much everyone there is a performer and does the show for free. Same goes for the fire-show.
As for helpers to set up the site, I'm not certain... but there is only one big-top...

good luck anyway shrug

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
the fire show was ace last year! Especially the final act! ubblove

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

WhiteTigernewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Hi all, i'M CONFUSED!! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?!!

I was planning to go up to this for my birthday but being a newbie and all i'm not sure what's going on! - What day(s) do the best shows happen? i'd be totally gutted if i draged all my mates up to camp with me for the weekend and we didn't see any!!

Also, if anyone is going up from cornwall / falmouth or Devon, maybe we could get together to share transport? I'd love to meet some people before i got there, i don't know anyone yet!!

can anyone give me a good idea of how much there is to spend money on? need to budget...!

also, i'm curious - what's happening in falmouth? sounds like there might be a good excuse to go visiting friends down there...give us a clue?!!

thanx

wt x

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
The Bristol Juggling convention is a small, very layed back affair. Wednesday is usually fire show night. There are shows on other nights, but as has been said it's not all that set in stone as to whats on each night.

Think of it more as a gathering of like minded people in a field having fun together sharing their skills with one another in the form of impromptu workshops, renegade shows, games and stage shows (although the word stage can be taken loosely).

The "Falmouth" Meet...which is actually in Hayle... is a meet up of lots of HoPpers. For details [Old link] There are a fair few people that are going to Hayle first for the weekend and then moving up to the Bristol JC for the rest of the week.

I hope that helps.
smile

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Helps loads thanks skully - reminds me what i have to look forward too.......... and what im doing ubblol

hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Strugz hun I'm glad it was of some help to someone, but it was meant to be helpful to Clare (WhiteTiger) the newbie, not you, you old timer tongue ubblol

Are you going to Hayle first Strugz?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
yes you told me i am wink

its going to be a great week ubbrollsmile

and hey whats all this "old" busines ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dude. its your birthday soon....you'll be "old" then!

wink

*runs*

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You didn't seem to mind maus.... biggrin

I really wish I could've made this. I even attempted to book a week off for it but alas that week was already full. I could just quit!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: maus

Dude. its your birthday soon....you'll be "old" then!

wink

*runs*

Your lucky your young and fast........... it would appear im too old to catch you! ubbloco

God dam, 27 isnt old....... its experianced tongue ( i was going to say mature then but thought better of it ubblol)

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

You didn't seem to mind maus.... biggrin

umm

Dunno what you're talking about hun....if you mean the veryu kind Strugz allowing me to share his tent at BJC, then no i didn't mind....well apart from the fact his zimoframe took up quite a bit of space, but i guess thats to be expected when people reach that sort of age!

You got yours yet? wink

Page: ...