Forums > Social Chat > Time for a single's Valentines

Login/Join to Participate

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yup, thats right, time to walk down to blockbuster, pick up a crappy movie, and on the way back stop at the liquor store for some fuzzy navel like beverages, and finally grab some ice cream to finish off the combo. or tri-combo. or whatever.

Seriously, what is a single guy to do on such a night? I was thinking about going to some musical events, but they're at bars and how sad would that be for a single guy to hang around a bar on valentines day? Everywhere I think of going is bound to be filled with people on dates, there's no where left for me but this sad little room.

Cherylmember
29 posts

Posted:
Jello,

You could do what I'm doing which is pretending that it is not Valentine's day and just carrying on with my regular routine. Or you could invite another single friend to come over and watch the movie with you and drink the fuzzy navel makings with you. Or you could go to a bar where there is a great band/dj playing that can have all your attention and you will quickly forget that you are there alone. Or you could get a GREAT movie to watch by yourself. At any rate, you are not alone because I'm spending V-Day alone too but am trying hard not to get in the dumps and think about my ex.

Take care and remember that tomorrow it's not Valentine's day anymore and you won't have to worry about it for another year.

-Cheryl

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Cheryl,

Yeah, I thought about asking one of my single friends if they want to do something, which caused the scariest realization, I have no single friends Well, I do, they're just out of state or country at the moment. But every one of the people I normally do things with is now in a dating relationship, the last one just started dating this week.

The truly sad thing is every other weekend I have a simular night, where I sit around alone with nothing to do. once again, the dating friends phenomonan. Plus tonight is especially weak on music events, I mean there are some, but none that I'm really pumped to see.

I may just do the rent a movie thing. It's actually sounding like a good idea, so is the ice cream. I don't know if I'll stop off at the liquor store though, probably not. Maybe I should get 2 films, keep occupied till I get really tired. That might be best.

Well, I'm off to do those errands, Hope your evening is enjoyable Cheryl Good luck to all the other singles!

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Spend the evening reading.

I suggest this and then this.

Magnus... pay it forward

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Minneapolis, eh?
What if I knew the most rockin’ woman in all’a Minnesota?

Yep! My sis.
She is sort of dabbling in an old relationship. She is sort of looking for a new one. It just seems really hard for her to meet anyone with similar interests… She says everyone she meets murders deer.

She lives in St Cloud (little drawback there for the two of you)… but she could be farther away then that!

Anyway, she rocks. She has a fantastic career. She loves to travel. And the girl can dance! Dance to ANYTHING!

Ballet…

Jazz / Modern…

“Disco Tech” (that was me being a nerd…not her being a weirdo)

She taught Latin Dancing for years!

And she likes to spin… but her poi broke!!! And she doesn’t know anyone up there in that frigid wonderland who spins.

Anyway, she'll probably be embaressed that I said anything... but I can't help it! I love ya girl!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehe, she sounds like a wonderful person And it is fairly hard to find anybody who spins around here, there definitly are a few, but not to the extent like other places. St. Cloud, well, send her my condolances I definitly understand the hunter mentality she describes

Well, round one of the movies done. I just watched the most amazing film, though it gets it's own thread. I also ate one bag of popcorn and had two Kahlua's and Bailey's. I don't know, I felt like something cream based.

Though now I wish I had ice cream. oh well. Alright, off to post about the cool movie.

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
i had a nice day with my girl ...

....... then again it wasn't any nicer than yesterday...

..and i suppose tomorrow may be just as nice..

.. was it valentines day?

ah..

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Hehe ivan comes into the singles valentine thread and rubs it in how he has a girlfriend.

Way to go :P

Cherylmember
29 posts

Posted:
Jello,

Well I hope that your evening was OK. I had fun hanging out with another single friend. It's hard when all your friends are hooking up, but it will happen to you when the time is right. And it will happen to me when the time is right too!!!

-Cheryl

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
I Know what you mean! I hate being single on Valantines Day! It bites!!

sent to Jello

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
No! Don’t even say we had dumpy evenings!

My single roommate went out to Vegas with a bunch of our single (and non-single) friends. Last time we did that it broke me!$!$OUCH$!$! Can’t go this time. So I was alone too, and will be all weekend. But I didn’t take that as a negative thing… that is a great thing!

I spent the evening making Chicken and Veggie enchiladas for myself. I played around on-line, listened to music, spun for a while. I was long overdue for a date with myself!

All of that and we single people should remember that we didn’t have to even deal with all that V-day crap! No worrying about what to get for “them”, what to do with “them”. We could completely IGNORE the advertisements that were skewed to sell you on your love for another. What is that about?! Get your commercials out of my heart, please! All of that and the best part is that we avoided the vast and encroaching crowds of single people descending upon all areas public like vultures for romance… Even if I wasn’t single I would have spent the night doing the same thing I did last night… takin’ it easy.

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Fire-n-Water has a point... worrying what to get "them" can be tricksy, yesss ... and then they get together afterward with the other "them"s and compare their haul this year... not to mention the "them" that isn't your "them" criticizing whatever you've spent a while arranging for your own "them"... Ack.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I spun fire last night...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura