kevinconiamBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
hey
i've been spinning fire for about 2 months, and i (along with others i've seen) tend to just spin the excess fuel off into the grass. this seems to a) kills the grass and b) wastes a hell of a lot of fuel.
is there any other way to spin off excess without killing things, and preferrably save the excess fuel as well? i have a few half-baked ideas (such as attachable cans) but havent yet experimented with them...any ideas?
thanks
kevin

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Burn-offs for the win!!!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
how do you do a burnoff with poi? I just spin them around on the floor and slowly go up to a corkscrew

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Buy a paint can with a handle. Stick your poi in the can and hold the handle so that the poi are hanging half way in, not touching the bottom. Spin the whole setup at a full arm circle for about 10 seconds. No need to attach the can or anything. This will collect all your excess fuel to save the grass and allow you to pour back into your fuel supply. Cheap, simple, effective.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

kashGOLD Member
Dangerous cynic
166 posts

Posted:
I pop on a pair of marigolds and gently squeeze the excess off back into my fuel dump (got that one from the fire safety cd from HOP)

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
ditto ICoN, it's amazing how much fuel comes off. I wouldn't squeeze though Kash, because you might easily squeeze off more than you need to. If you spin off using a bucket or can you don't waste any fuel and you don't lose any more than you need to from the wick. Remember the idea is to only get rid of the fuel that would fly off during normal spinning, whilst keeping as much as possible in the wicks.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

jinvincibleGOLD Member
king of the hedgehogs
125 posts

Posted:
If you put a stainless veggie steamer basket in the bottom of your can or bucket, you can spin off excess fuel quickly and easily. The addition of a stainless (or other corrosion resistant) funnel to your kit, and you can easily pour the recaptured fuel into your tank for future use.

Yellow and blue make green.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I still use whatever 2 liter soda bottle that I just finished drinking.

Slice a whole in the side and slice a cut from the whole to the top. But this has all been discussed before.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

kevinconiamBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
great, thanks a lot for all your tips everyone. many beautiful grass blades will now be saved :-)