Page: ...
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For those who didn't get into the intros today.

https://www.nuskoolbreaks.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=55647&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If anyone has any issues on Monday (though I suspect not) please let me or another mod know.

UCOF and Ravehead were specifically targetted...just as a warning.

Other measures have been taken against these wankers, but I think everyone here should be made known that these people were planning to fill the bb with not-nice stupidity.

If they still do, don't fall for it.

On page 9 and 10 of the thread you will find a list of all the newbs from there...just for reference point.

(and on page 12 you'll find Jo and my responses to them! lol)

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Pele... you rock hug

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
wikkid! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

hug pele hug

did anyone else find the consecutive numbering activity a bit out? umm

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
Yay!

Go Pele! hug hug2

Official Nutella Fan Club

Go Nutella!

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
and to think, if I'd actually been working, I'dve missed out on all the fun ubblol

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Pele said the C word Pele said the C word! *snigger* eek ubblol

Nice one smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Aimee, you crack me up! You have no idea, I'm quite the naughty lady. wink

It was alot of fun for me too...no really...it was.

firenice spank glad you could enjoy it though.

Seriously though, I have to say it sucks. A couple of them have put some pretty interesting posts up but it isn't worth any issues it might cause, ya know?

And I can't take all the credit, I was handed a mysterious tip by a tall, dark and cloaked one. I was looking at all of it with curiousity, the tip kicked me into detective and then spanking mode. So thank you tall, dark and cloaked. wink

Pele

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

Aimee, you crack me up! You have no idea, I'm quite the naughty lady. wink

I'm sure we all are, outside the confinment on censorship wink

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
ubblol and when PG rules don't apply wink

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Way to go Pele & Jo.

biggrin

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hug thanks pelé for the heads up, i'm sure something was going on today as there was a mass invasion today and judging from their posts they where NOT noobs, the phrases they didn't use and the stuff they came out with was a poor attempt at trolling a site

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmmm, the rather large amount of unimaginative names, most of which included 'poi' in them seemed unusual (poi_up_the_channel being the most obvious)

Never actually encounted the idea of 'Trolling' before... Just slightly beyond comprehension!

First I felt a bit of an idiot for being duped and leaping to their defence. But it did highlight the subject of how we treat the Newbies...(unless the whole 'Noobies Suck!' thing was after they were discovered?)

It is sad that this has kind of tainted the way we will approach a newbie now - with suspicion instead of open arms. But genuine newbies will STILL make the same mistakes so we should be careful not to immediate attack them because they don't know how to use the thread! By all means point them in the right direction but don't use the whole 'NOT AGAIN!!!!' tone of writing. Hell, even established members make the same mistakes! (Now THEY deserve a flogging with a donkey)

If we treat every newbie with suspicion, then they've succeeded in 'Disrupting the Community' as said in the wiki article you've put up rave...

Good work Pele...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
NS..I've actually had that issue today. I've had alot of email complaints and such and most are from "noobs" so I am stuck debating who is who and I feel badly.

About that Noobies Suck thing, my understanding is that it was started by one of them as a diversionary tactic.

My whole thought is that we all ban together and keep them at bay and it will make our community stronger, and not suspicious in the long run. wink *hopefully*

And you are correct about our tones when dealing with noobs we have to try to remember that they skim the rules like the rest of us. wink

Ooooo.....one just called me a moderator of steel. That is MINE!!!!!!! I love it. biggrin

Pele

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Pele said the C word Pele said the C word! *snigger* eek ubblol

Nice one smile

Thats the first time ive seen anyone online use the right spelling of snigger! Go aimée, Arch Priestess of the English language. I usually have to keep posting pictures of snickers bars because everybody spells it like that angry

By the way whats going on, whos being invaded!? Im scarred it might be us, im confused!!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Pele a huge well done and thank you for today. A few of us were chatting on messenger about the mass n00b invasion and how it was suspicious. hug thank you so much, you're on par with Monk!! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
LOL...I had help but thanks Jo. Funny about the messenger. I thought the thing that was most suspicious was actually that there were so many from the same place and that they didn't know any of you...or each other! THAT is what was odd to me and got me looking into it initially. I live in a fairly medium sized city and know a good share of the spinners here. When they do stuff they tend to do it together. So it was strange to me that they didn't know you, or each other but all signed up at once.

B_J...we actually were. Follow the link at the top of the thread and you will see the "grand plan" which was foiled today before much could be made of it.

Pele

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
To be honest Pele I still get perplexed when Americans use the word 'W**ker'!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They swear a lot don't they? But i suppose lack of PC boundaries coupled with childish demeanors will do that to a board.

I like how they were all going back to their board and saying how nice and pleasant everyone is smile And saying how it hadn't turned nasty or resorted to a swearing/slanging match.

Meh

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
they're calling us hippies because we're so nice! oh dear.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
it was being called a student that peeved me most ubblol

By the way, who is triptych_views on their board? I suspect it's one of us trying to play their infilrtration game, but i can't fathom out who it might be....

Meh

burninghamSecond wave. DIVE!
132 posts

Posted:
No they're calling you hippies because they really don't have any idea who any of you really are. And the only people they've seen trwiring poi have a vaguely hippyish appearance.
EDITED_BY: burningham (1154557952)

Hello?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
In my honest opinion (this is only opinion, not fact) that some the best spinners I've seen - in my eyes - don't look anything remotely hippyish...

Another case of 'think before you judge' I lesson I learned ages ago.

Still keeping dreadlocks though...! biggrin

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
burningham: And your one of them dude!!

Pele: cant you just delete all their profiles, save us really having to worry about talking to idiots

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh for Pete's sake. It's these ones:

* sparkythefiregod User 15 02/08/06 10:27 PM

* House_of_Poin User 23 02/08/06 10:41 PM

* greeneyedmonsta User 2 02/08/06 11:00 PM

* MrFatPois User 1 02/08/06 11:20 PM

* pookupoi User 9 02/08/06 11:44 PM

* nil_poi User 7 03/08/06 12:15 AM

* burningham User 32 03/08/06 12:18 AM

* poi_up_my_pocket User 4 03/08/06 12:22 AM

* HenFeatures2006 User 11 03/08/06 02:00 AM

* poi_chucka User 4 03/08/06 02:08 AM

* GazLightaPoi User 5 03/08/06 02:52 AM

* LondonIrish User 15 03/08/06 03:10 AM

* PoiMeansPrizes User 11 03/08/06 03:11 AM

* uborkaluv User 1 03/08/06 05:24 AM

* XS_ User 4 02/08/06 09:39 PM

* Flanimal_Lover User 21 02/08/06 09:47 PM

* LTBlista User 5 02/08/06 09:50 PM

* poipirate User 24 02/08/06 09:52 PM

* SlaterLovesPoi User 6 02/08/06 10:08 PM

* imastudent User 3 02/08/06 10:13 PM

* Miss_Poi User 1 02/08/06 10:17 PM

* llesser_nllpois User 10 02/08/06 10:23 PM

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

Pele: cant you just delete all their profiles, save us really having to worry about talking to idiots

*shrug*

Some of them are attempting to make amends. They are being watched carefully.

In the end though it is going to be up to all of the Mods and Admins on whether or not to ban them.

I've been waiting for the others to wake up, since they are on the dark side of the globe. wink

Geez Cantus, calm down a bit. We wouldn't want anyone to think you are anything less than a lovin' hippy, now would we? wink

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Like Pele says. the ones that are still here are playing nicely and not really doing anything wrong.

The rest (the idiotier ones) have wandered off to kick things and stare out of window I expect...

Meh

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
ubblol ok cool, i just noticed alot of their intro threads still hanging around.
I come into work this morning to find this silly stuff going on and it kind of got on my nerves. Now i'm a happy person but that is just petty and unneccesary.
Love ya work in their thread Pele and the rest of you guys!!! clap wink

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

i am botherd at the fact that a group of people would do this, and purposly try to sab this community but i do have to admit (most likely because i got here for the aftermath and not during the 'raid') i have never laughed so much in my life!

but what strickes me the most after reading the initial raid, their site and then the aftermath here is that, how much the members of hop have stuck up and defended themselves and mostly EACHOTHER ubblove
and also that we seem to have converted some bb's to hop wink they have been apolagising and everyones getting along again!

i hope nothing like this happens again for the sake of trust and genuine newbies, but its an event like this that goes to show how strong this community is biggrin

i may see some of you guys in brighton because ill be there looking out for you eek................

and visiting some of my favourite lovely hoppers ubblove

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

burninghamSecond wave. DIVE!
132 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

That depends how you define 'them'

I won't deny that I have used the word hippy on here, but I wasn't being derogatory. (Well not intentionally)
EDITED_BY: burningham (1154562211)

Hello?

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Aw, I've been busy lately and missed all the fun. Funny to read though!

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I think it was all started by the of the one of them that was complaining about poiers in clubs hitting him where it hurts wink Wish I hadn't slept through it all!

Burningham, what was it you were going to do on Monday? Just start being completely obnoxious and posting nonsense?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Page: ...