PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
Ok, some people may laugh about it, but for me this is a very serious topic.
I am more or less Poi addicted and I need ur help. Me used to be a clever guy with a bright future. But now I discovered this thing called poi. Normally I should study and ok, I used to be easily distractable, but now I approach the 6 hours practicing area. And cannot drop them before 4-5 am. And everytime I sit down to study I cannot stop thinking about my balls . Especially since I discovered Hyperloops...

And now my question to you, since I already got my first letter from my University concerning "possible lack of interest in studying"

When does this addiction like absolute enthusiasm phase end???

It cannot go on like this - I have to either put my Poi in the trash (this would most probably only make my sad and lonenly and not help at all), or become a professional Poi artist in Thailand and drop out of university (this choice my parents would surely not support).

So how long do I still have to suffer, tell me about ur experiences???

PS: It all started 18 days ago....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
if your onto hyperloops in 18 days, then your gonna run outa stuff soon and have to put them down.

I have the same problem, My university course has maily taught me how to spin sticks, and I have to write stuff now? and essays dont burn or nothin (tho I wish they did)

go be a firespinner in tiland.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i vote the poi.... lol i was never very good at school as most of you know
poi is my life.... does that help?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
It's worked the opposite for me. Before poi I had a horrible time at college. There were of course many other factors, but I was on probation and my gpa was pure crap. The first semester I got addicted to poi I got on the deans list with a 3.8 something. Ever since than poi has offered me a nice release and allowed me a way to regain focus. I now do 3.6's each semester, though I know I could do better. It'd be nice to get my first 4.0 ever as a junior or senior in college, for some reason education has always been an uphill battle, I always start poor and have to build myself up.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
I too am in a phase of addiction, although thankfully a full-time job, girlfriend, social life (although I still take my poi with me when going out ) and internet addiction serve to curb my time spinning...

"Moo," said the happy cow.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
School?Work?Girlfriend?Social life?Internet?What are these things you speak of?All I see is poi.

No seriously I got no advice just being a smart@$$.Check the name and the sig.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
just one quick question... what are hyperloops?? i've never heard of them, but they do sound interesting...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
well...same thing worked for me like it did jello....i SUCKED at that whole school thing...and class was a living hell...now..i just spin on the way to school and during lunch( its a semi open campus so i can get away with it) and i am passing with nice pretty flying colors. but its different for everybody i guess...and i have been spinning a bit longer than 18 days...might have somethin to do with it...GL with ur addiction...but as romantic an idea as the pro-firespinner thing sounds....in all seriousnes you gotta go to school man...it helps alot...not always in the now but in the end education is what will save ur ass on of these days..stick with it man...best to ya

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
18 days.....

Sounds like your still on the honeymoon

So much fire, so little body hair...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hyperloops <<< a new fad Glass started a while back, santanatwo has a real nice 14mb video of loads of hyperloop variations, well worth downloading and discussing in the thread i linked, rather than here.