Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > UK National Poi in the Park Birthday Bonanza: Sheffield

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hey everyone, as some of you may well already know, a few years past my time up here in sheffield a wonderful chap called p.k got together with some of his friends and created the local event which we all know and love; poi in the park. each year since we have been getting together every month to spin fire, teach new people, learn new tricks ourselves and generally have as much fun in the park with cool people as can be had, and each month id like to think we all come away from pitp enriched, sometimes slightly singed, but always having had a good time.

every year around the september/october time however we also have a big birthday celebration to mark another successful year of pitp, and this year we've got something very special lined up for you all.. :-)

sadly mr pk is no longer in sheffield to host the event, although he and his family are always here with us in spirit, but it has been left to matt and i to carry on his legacy and ensure every time we meet, our community is as friendly, welcomgin, fun and helpful as possible :-)

this year, to celebrate the growth of pitp and the new pitps that have sprung up in recent years all over the country we've decided to go one bigger and better with our birthday celebration; the thought is, why not get ALL the national poi in the park meets together for one HUGE FUN DAY OUT up in sheffield?!

on OCTOBER 21ST 2006, in ENDCLIFFE PARK off ECCLESHALL ROAD/HUNTERS BAR ROUNDABOUT, from 3pm onwards POI IN THE PARK'S UK NATIONAL BIRTHDAY BONANZA begins! :-D

there'll be everything you normally expect from a pitp, good people, loads of food, plenty of colourful spinning equipment and their owners, along with such amusing games and 'wushu frisbee' and 'tree bounce challenge' and many more. this year though we're also going to be incorporating much much more, with some capoeira and breakdance teaching, along with contortionism and acrobatics on display for all to marvel at and learn and many more fun activities

we've also decided that this year we are gonna go one further and put on a bit of a show as well, so we're looking for people who are confident and happy with their fire spinning to maybe do a little routine for us. doesnt have to be amazing, and certainly there's no need for it to just be about the professional performers amongst us, more the everyday spinners just showing us the moves they love :-) to get the ball rolling i've promised i'll do a bit of a show as organiser so believe me after that no-one will look foolish and there will be no need for shyness..

i invite anyone who is reading this to please come up to sheffield for the day and spend some time spinning and chatting with us crazy sheffieldians on october 21st. the event will be going on all throught the day and evenign and into the night, with accomodation provided by myself, a few other generous house-loads of people and also we will be renting out the hall we use for the flying teapots overnight which should be able to comfortably sleep a good 80+ people so rest assured if you come up for the day a bed will be there for you and probably a nice cuppa tea in the morning too :-)

so i can gauge numbers and book the hall and possibly more accomodation if needed please could ANYONE INTERESTED get in CONTACT with ME either via MYSPACE, THE FLYING TEAPOTS ONLINE FORUM, HOMEOFPOI.COM, by PHONE if you know my number, or by EMAIL burningsinsaway@hotmail.com

those of you who are ORGANISERS of similar poi meets across the country, please also can you contact me on behalf of your group/community so we can discuss proceedings as there are a few more suprises planned that i want only a few people to be in on until the day....

on behalf of all those before me and those i represent now, i hope to see you all in the park in october :-)

peace n pineapples

si scotting AKA kashira (flying teapots) AKA si_sheff (homefopoi)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Me. I'm so there... Haven't missed a Birthday PiP yet

bounce

Will the usual sheffield crew be there? Will Lolli be there?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
we'll be there with bells on ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
ding dong... biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
I'll definitely be there! I may drag some friends along too... grouphug

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
fantastic, glad to hear some positive replies already, ive been getting quite a lot of those so far so i reckon were gonna be on target to get at least 150-200 people down and hopefully even more :-) basically just spread the word down in your areas and get as many people on board as you can and well make this the single best poi in the park day out the uk has ever seen :-)

peace n pineapples

si

ps. for those of you who dont know yet, our official website is finally back up now at www.poiinthepark.biz :-)

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
It's going to be awesome!

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Hey Si,

I'm Si (or Seye) who was spinning sticks with you at shefcon. Was good to meet you dude smile

I'll try to get over and see if I can bring a few manc crew with me biggrin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
like me ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
When we get closer to the date if it looks like its on you have a space reserved smile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
wicked! your ace seye you know that! hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Aww thanks hug

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
teehee i can feel the love! sounds good! yaaay! smile

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
hoorah hoorah, the more the merrier, lots of manc people, thats the ticket ;-)

is the bouncey and wonderfully strange miss stroo gonna be attending again this year?

ooh and on a seperate but related note, pip for this month will be next saturday on the 12th infacty :-) having a bit if trouble getting the emails out at the mo cos my uni mail stops now ive graduated and cant send it via hotmail as too many recipients. gotta find a new mail server but will have it sorted this weekend when i get back up to the land of sheff :-)

peace n pineapples

si

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Is the 12th a private party or can anyone join in? rolleyes

Feeling a bit bored and in need of a day trip.... bounce2

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Will hopefully be coming to this.

Stroo - yay! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
aha ha ha kersplat! :-P slight change, looks like pip will now be running on saturday 19th, thats next saturday kiddies.. if daytrips are wanted tho im sure someone will be in the park spinning this sat too..:-) i however will be in london bouncing along to soulfull jazz ...apparently

if your coming up send me a pm and ill give you my mob number or matts if hell be here for contact purposes..

peace n pineapples

si

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey, if i'm coming, will someone be able to transport me to and from the train station? I have nooooooo sense of direction in england, and desperately wish for some guidance in such matters as "finding my way from point A to point B"... tongue

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
i will hopefully be coming.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Kyrian, do you mean for the birthday one or the one on the 19th? For the birthday one there'll probs be quite a few people coming in on the train you might be able to meet up with. Failing that I'm sure some kind of guide could be arranged nearer the time if you need it. I'm living quite near the station, well nearer than Si at least, given that he now lives miles from anywhere tongue So I'll come and meet you if need be smile

LawThorSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
yh im there, im an organiser from portsmouth, and will enjoy this, maybe you could teach me things:) anyways get back to me with more details if you want any help with the performance

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I'm planning to come biggrin beerchug
I know only that I can arrive to London Luton or Gatwick(probably Gatwick) and I hope to spend in england two or three days of spinning if anyone can help me!(around 20-23)
There is any nice people that can give me a little space on the floor to sleep in these days? and some information on how I can arrive to sheffield from these airport?
Thanx in advance for all!!!

If anyone use MSN messenger can take my contact acciaio [at] 37.com (substitute [at] with @) and if you could help me with some advice I will be really happy!!! grouphug

see ya!

Acciaio devil

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
It'd be awesome to se you there Acciaio, I want to see that flying nessus close up wink There'll be a big hall for you to sleep in with the rest of the PiP people after the event. A train from Gatwick airport to Sheffield would cost between £20 and £30 if you book in advance or you could get a coach for around £40. If you can find some london spinners who are going it might be an idea to meet up with them first and see how they're getting there.

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
tickets will be a lot cheaper than that chap, at the mo if you book in a week or so's advance yuo should be able to buy singles for 6 quid each from midland mainline so definately worth checking in advance. there will also be a load of peeps coming up from london so check the forums here and also on myspace as that seems to be the way ive been able to get hold of most of the london lot, tho will be going down to spits in a week or so on a recruitment drive :-)

floor space wise we'll be using the hall again and my house plus a few others will be at the disposal of the spinning masses too :-) tom would you be all good to sort out some florr space? when you back actually chap, need to start running over plans for routines etc..

peace n pineapples

si

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wicked.. i'm pleased to see this doesn't clash with the twisted party... all being well i'll see you there! biggrin bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah there'll be bags of room on my floor and probably Toby's too. I'm going to the flat on saturday to drop some stuff off. Just a flying visit but I'll be able to see exactly how many peeps could fit in my room smile I'm back properly on the 9th. Cannot wait! Hmm...plans for routines? Sounds suspiciously like you'll be throwing sticks at me again!

si_sheffSILVER Member
128 posts

Posted:
"to" you... not "at" you ;-P well possibly lol

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kyrian

hey, if i'm coming, will someone be able to transport me to and from the train station?

Kyri honey, if you're going then i'll get you from the station ubbrollsmile

Meh

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
i'm there if i can drag someone else from Hull along, i'm not travelling by myself. PyroWill might come, he enjoyed it enough last year as i remember.
now, where's Mech, he needs to make us some bad ass sausages again!!

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Been to the last couple so i know not to miss this. See yall there

"Don't do it naked!"

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
How many days does this go on for...?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Page: ...