Forums > Social Chat > is your partner into fire

Login/Join to Participate

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
i have noticed in the psy trance scean her ein sydney that most of the guys who have partners the girlfriends are no into psy trance and this seams to work ok

i was wondering if this was the same for the fire twirlers (both male and female) out there

have only had one girl friend that twirled when i was with her adn one that started twirling after we broke up

all the rest were content just to watch me twirl but never wanted to twirl themself

have only had one that didnt like me fire twirling and would make me wash and change cloths or shower and change coths before i was alowed to come near here after i had been spining cause she hated the smell and would make a point of harassing me infront of her friends because i liked to fire twirl (you can see why it didnt last)

what are your storys

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
What's scary is that my mom is wayy more calm than my girlfriend when I spin fire. Girlfriend only spins glowsticks occasionally but I'm determined to get her good at it so one day she might consider doing fire.

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
id love to be able to have a girlfriend i could spin with as well

i span with my ex on saturday night and was lots nice to spin with her but am in the delema that i single and she isnt plus is nevery good to retavel an old path when it comes to love

oh well maybe one day lol

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
nancy loves to spin as much as i do, she's a mean fire breather too.
its good to share this passion with some one i love so much.
i was thinking the other day if i was still with my ex that the oportunity that has arisen recenty and requires us to move to edinburgh, i dont think i would have been able to do that with her. so i thank nancy for alowing this to happen and sharing my passion.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
My Fluffy Naplam Fairy is a fire spinner too. That's how i met her.

She and me noticed each other on this site called Home of Poi (not sure if you've heard of it:p)

We got chatting online. Then we got to phoning. Then we met. We've been together for 10 months....Now we're together forever.

Fire is good!!

PK - I'm fairly sure your ex is invisible. Cos I certainly never noticed her turning up to Pips.

I much prefer that nancy - she's always there for you and she's always up for a giggle.

Oh and she's seriously lovely

[ 13. February 2003, 17:06: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
my boyfriend doesn't spin fire, but he really wants to since i've gotten into it.
so i get to teach him stuff now, which will be interesting, because he has a tendancy to think that if he's bad at something initially he'll never be good. so its going to try my teaching skills to be able to do it. i can't say i'm looking forward to being the cause of him feeling worthless.
but i know he would love it once he's gotten the hang of it a bit. and its always good feeling to have the opportunity spread the art.
and hey, we all know how great we looked the first time we picked up a staff or poi.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I got into poi alil before getting together with my bf Dio. Now I can use fire and I am soo happy! I havn't gotten to perform, perform(in front of audiences), but I'm gettin there pretty soon. I think it's really great to have a partner who is into what you are...You both have something in common! Before I used fire I would use glostix at raves to practice seein the glo...that way i could see if the tricks i was doing were good looking. Dio taught me along with Santanaetwo(sp...sorry) and Jedi White. I find it VERY fun to help out with performances even tho I wasn't ready for fire yet. *thinks that I sorta got off topic a bit*LOL!well IMPO...I think it's good to have either a partner doing fire poi or supporting you doing it.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
My partner of 7 years is not into poi but he likes to watch me, and encourages me. None of my friends are into it either...I am a lone poier...which makes me a bit sad sometimes as I would love to have someone to play with as its still new to me and it would be nice to have someone to share it with.
Oh well, I did go to a meet, but now its postponed till the spring.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ooo tambo - me and cantus are going to exeter today

Both me and my partner spin - as I think he mentioned. We spun before we met each other - him staff and me poi - and since we've been together we've started teaching each other and helping each other lots. I find it really inspiring watching your loved one doing something you can really appreciate and understand. But then we both have hobbies that the other one doesn't share too which is fine as well

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Kota, my other half, has just started staff and plays with fire sticks as well. The first time he played with fire he was buzzing! Nice to have a partner who understands the thrill.

Its so nice having someone to play with. I'm now waiting for him to teach me staff!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Having a partner would be a fine thing, let alone one who was into fire!!!!!!
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
My ex and I started spinning at the same time but after we split up she stopped going out and stopped spinning, although she's sort of starting again now. My current girlfriend doesn't spin at all, although she appreciates me doing it

"Moo," said the happy cow.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Trippy Hippy:
Having a partner would be a fine thing, let alone one who was into fire!!!!!!

I second that!

Are we nearly there yet?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am really looking forward to watching Rozi spin. I am very lucky to have a partner who is interested two of my hobbies and wouldnt mind trying out a few more.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
thanks cantus you guys are pretty special to us too

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Can you guys feel the lurve in here??

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
My girl of 4 years doesn't spin at all. She seems to have a passing interest in it when I spin but doesn't seem that bothered

It's a shame because fire twirling is becoming a large part of my life - nearly a job, alot of the social aspect etc - and she doesn't involve herself in it, especially as she's away at uni with her stuff going on and I'm back here with mine.

Still, I guess it's good to have different interests...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Tambomember
97 posts

Posted:
(Quote) Originally posted by Fluffy Napalm Fairy
ooo tambo - me and cantus are going to exeter today

Thanks FNF!!!

I am sure our paths will cross at some point! Let me know of any meets that you may be going to in the South West, and maybe I could come along too!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I think it'd be amazing to be in a relationship with somebody who twirled. I always feel ackward telling people I'm a "firedancer" or "glowsticker". But if I had somebody that would understand that would rock.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
my hubby is nearly as into twirling as me but he doesn't actually spin. he is the best technical crew one could hope for though! he is always bringing home bits & pieces, sussing out spare parts & building fabulous personalised practice poi for friends.

he is even coming along to bondi tonight for drums n fire while we are out on our valentines day adventure jaunt!

he's not quite at the point where he puts kero into an atomiser but he never complains when i hop into bed scorched & smelly

just to take things a little further, does anyone have kids that twirl? mine have a bit of a play with my poi but really want to do staff. they muck about with anything even vaguely long & straight! does malcom make staff in munchkin size?

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne