Diciple_Of_AresBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
i HATE where i live... im right at the top of what is considered "south florida" and there is NO ONE here who spins poi. im having SUCH trouble learning because i NEED someone who can teach me and there is no one here.

im okay, i mean i have the basics down and i think im doing good, but then i watch all the vids here of people spinning and my routine is just boring.

i cant do btb stuff, i suck at thread the needle. i need someone to teach me. im the only person i know who spins here.... it sucks!

"if there are no stupid questions, what do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask a question?"

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Move to Hastings here in the UK.
Spinners, with the added bonus of a high probability of being stabbed smile

Search the 'meet others' database, you might find somebody near you hug

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Hey, don't get so p.o. 'bout it. I used to live in houston,texas. You'd think with that big of a city there would be alot of spinners and there are, it's just that they are so spread out across the city. For the longest time I only spun by myself. I didn't know any other spinners for likea a couple of months. then I met one here on HoP. One idea is to look in yahoo groups for a group that spins in the nearest city to you. You never know, there might be a spinner that lives close to you but not registered in the HoP data base. He or she might be in the group if there is one.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I thought i was the only one in my area, but I wasn't! you just gotta look harder - or teach someone else, then you'll hve someone to spin with.

Try searching myspace for poi biggrin

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean dude, i live in israel, and there arent many people that do poi (there are jugglers that can do the weave and stuff, but im talking about people that do poi as their favorite prop).
i met this guy doing poi on independence day, i went over to him and showed off a bit, i told him to start coming to our juggling club in my city and he started going, and thanks to him i went to PLAY (i just mentioned it next to him and he said he wanted to go, so we went together)
ummm so anyway just try to find people to teach, and you might start a poi community in south florida.

Diciple_Of_AresBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
thanks everyone for the support... i will definatly use your ideas to find someone... im teaching my boyfriend, but he's not as into it as i am.

and poiboy... hope you and yours is safe with all the stuff that's going on over there, my thoughts are with you all.

"if there are no stupid questions, what do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask a question?"

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
where in south florida are you? i do poi, and im in south florida. Im pretty good... i can teach you a thing or two. PM me your location.

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"