Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Today may be rainy and gray out here in So Cal, but it is sunny to me!
Yesterday Coldplay announced over e-mail their new tour dates and they will be here...

JUNE 3RD - San Diego, Cox Arena

and as if that wasn't enough...
pre-release tickets could be purchased through the Coldplay website before the actual tickets go on sale tomorrow... and of course I got them... but want to know the best part?!?!?!?!

I was late getting to the web site (sales started at 9:00 and it was about 10:30 when I got there) but I tried anyway to get 4 tickets for general admission on the floor - DANCIN' ROOM BABY!!! But they were sold out. So I found 4 pretty good seats in row 21 of reserved seating (BORING!!!). Went back to try ONE MORE TIME for the general admission - and instead of 4 tickets, I tried ordering just 1...

AND I GOT IT!!!

I am so sad to say that none of my friends can accompany me to this fantastic event, but baby - I will be dancin' for all of you!

My hands are still shaking, my heart is racing, and I want to run through my office whooping for joy I am so excited. But instead of making a fool of myself at work, I thought it would be way more fun to share the excitement with ya'll.

Post if something fun happened for you today, too!

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I just had the pleasure of seeing their show a few weeks ago when they stopped through Charlotte, NC. Let me just say that I had high expectations and was not disappointed in the least! They were even better live than on their CDs. I also didn't expect the show to be filled with so much energy but it was.
They played for 2.5 hours and covered almost every track from both Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. They even played 2 new tracks off their yet to be released album and they were fantastic.

Congrats on the ticket score!

Fear the evil monkey!

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Now I am in even more anticipation!

Was there a general admission area where people could dance when you went? I hope to take my new electroglo poi and find a spot where I can go off for a while. I love listening to Coldplay while I spin.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
can we still come in here even if we don't talk about Cold Play?

My day is going well, thanks for asking! Although I am quite tired cos I worked from 8.30am - 11pm yesterday and will do the same today Hooray for sleeping in on Saturday mornings!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
Wow! You have been working that hard and posted in the "happy day" topic. You must be really looking forward to the weekend!

What do you do working 15 hour days? Hope that doesn't happen all the time! It would make me

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:

Well I am working 2 jobs at the moment because although I resigned from one, I have had to give them a month's notice (or I can leave when they replace me) but my new job needs me ASAP, so I'm squeezing in training time whenever I can.

So the 15 hour days aren't a permanent arrangement, otherwise I too would go Just for the next little while, then I'm on to night shift at the backpackers!

See my Confidence in Fate thread for the full story.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
I love coldplay!!! Never thaught of spinning to it though i'll have to try that now !

I have had a great day today, just because. Mima is a happy bunny

wow this is my first post in ages hello to everyone :wave:and i hope you have all had a good day too

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
had a real good progressive day after i got my website back online after some one hacked into my ftp server and shut it down, so after loosing all my files, some not backed up. i did some design work and managed to get every thing up and running in one day. was getting a little hectic a few hours ago, but its all good now
be kewl....

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
That would have been a relief to get everything back! Just checked out your site and liked it. Would that be you on the home page at a Poi in the Park event?