MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I went six years without getting sick until this fall when I got a nasty head cold. Today, I woke up with a store throat. I know why this is happening (getting sick once every months as opposed to never getting sick). It's the stress of med school. Pisses me off that med school makes you sick.

Anywhoo...I seem to still have a bit of fire in the ole' immune system. I popped a gram of VitC and a zinc lozenge this morning. Guess what? The sore throat is just about gone!

So to the virus responsible, I have only this to say:

BRING IT ON, YOU MOLECULAR PARASITIC BIATCHES!!!

Stupid half-assed flu virus. Is that the best you can do?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
You could try some echinacea too hunny - extract of purple cone flower - the native amer-indians used to use ut loads.. supposedly helps boost the white blood cell count (but i'm sure you know way more about that than me doc..)

Hope you feel back on form soon!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

sophmember
41 posts

Posted:
bacteria stinks, kill it off, you can do it....go for it....GO MIKE GOOO

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have an autoimmune disease, so I can't use echinacea, MisStix. But it is a good idea if you don't have any autoimmune conditions.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Fire-N-Watermember
36 posts

Posted:
If you are getting sick, and are planning a vacation, then that is no fun at all. You should definitely try to kick it before you get on the plane.

I just got over a cold that was deadly to my friends, but only rendered me partially incapable of functioning. In defense of the bad germies I took one Emer'gen-C (found at vitamin and health food stores) and two Advil every 3-4 hours, 3-4 times per day.

Emer'gen-C is a fizzing drink that is packed with vitamins... hopefully your not allergic to it, too!

Good luck, get some rest, and have a great trip!