Page:
TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
Hello to all who know me and all who don't! More won't than will cause i haven't been on for a while. But anyway, I request all you lovely people's help! I need a name! I've found in it hard to give myself a name and so for a very long while i was simply Insert_Name_Here, but no more! I have found that the best names are those that are given by other people - and here's where those that know me have more of an adavantage - i am having a competition! If everyone would like to suggest a name, and you can suggest more than one if you wish, and the name i choose name will be the name i use on HOP, myspace and well, everywhere!

If you don't know who i am and therefore don't know what to suggest, just check out my profile cause that'll give you an idea of what i'm into and check out my gallery cause maybe you do know me but didn't know i am who i am...if you know what i mean...

The Winner will get a personal thank you hug and kiss- and if you live in Britain and i happen to bump into you at a convention/festival, you can have a real thank you hug and kiss!! Sorry to all those who live elsewhere- a virtual hug and kiss will have to do! Of course if this prize is not a big enough incentive then suggestions for the prize can be given as well... within reason...wombats have been suggested by Cantus but i dont have a wombat to give away unfortunately!

Cheers! hug

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

addict
498 posts

Posted:
Wow! i am amazed with the reaction to this! I'm very impressed with those who have gone to the trouble to make a list - thank you! ubbrollsmile Feel the need to make a few things clear though...

1. I am femail! no 'mr...' thank you biggrin

2: I didn't put down an end date...hmm... i'll have to get back to you

3: No more 'nameless' or names relating to that cause, well, i really do want a name! sorry!

4: Dave, no hugs or kisses cause you didn't even bother to suggest a name. It's no good being cute and sweet and trying to puppy dog eye your way to a hug... ok here's one anyway hug

Laura, you are coming down thursday? that's a nice surprise! especially seeing as you haven't been down to the meet for ages! why haven't you been down?

I'm already considering names for the short list cause you guys have been so good at name conjuring! I'll post the short list eventually but knowing me i'll just keep adding to it! Keep it up guys!

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
its the 6th birthday smile and i thought its about time i went lol. i've crap this year with everything. had alot on.
it'll be cool to see everyone again. smile

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NAME_ME

4: Dave, no hugs or kisses cause you didn't even bother to suggest a name. It's no good being cute and sweet and trying to puppy dog eye your way to a hug... ok here's one anyway hug

Puppy dog eyes? You can't handle the puppy dog eyes. Claire has seen them but not in person (at least I don't think she has).

Oh, and I did suggest a name. Just not in here and you didn't think it was cool enough frown

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
what if i've decided i dont want to suggest a name for you, what if i want to suggest a name for someone else? umm

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
 Written by: NAME_ME

Firstly- HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING!: EVERYTIME THIS PAGE IS ACCESSED YOU RECEIVE A VIRTUAL POKE! (no u may not sue)

VIRTUAL POKE! That can be your name.

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pigeon_Wigeon

How about.... El Clumsy or...

El Clumsy... That's what people from PLAY are just gonna remember me as aren't they?... O well, i guess it was all my fault, with the hitting of myself...and you on the head...and Meck on the nose.... except Ed hitting me - that wasn't my fault.

But dave i did give you a hug! Tell you what, any names suggested in my intro thread, i'll transfer to this one. So, Dave's Name: Head_Protection_Advised You see your name is good enough! I'll consider all names!

Your perfectly welcome to suggest names for someone else, and if they are offering cake rather than hugs and kisses then i would probably understand, but i have to say, hugs and kisses do seem to be the currency on HOP hug kiss

Somehow i think virtual poke would be a mistake...far to many inuendos and looks like this -> umm for those who don't know why i would be called that cause they haven't read my thread... But thanks for the suggestion!

One last thing, i'm changing back to Insert_Name_Here until i choose a name cause some people are getting confused and i don't blame them. In all honesty i don't know why i changed it to name_me anyway cause they both mean the same!

893 posts

Posted:
Inuendos are good biggrin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hrm, well can't think of any but:

na_me
pyronormalphenomenon
castphyre
frompy
aerolas

no need for "thanks" - a hug would do it.... wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

893 posts

Posted:
Mis Fortune
H2H - (hazardous to health)

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
SoftCat

SnowPrincess

GraceThorn

LadyRain

DreamFairy

SisterTwilight

There you go Louise. As you were moaning at me because I hadn't suggested anything yet. tongue you like any of them??
EDITED_BY: SNOOPoi (1154102739)

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

Colfunewbie
20 posts

Posted:
There is only one I can think of ...

Fire Nymph

hehehehehehehehe

addict
498 posts

Posted:
smile thanks Col! was wondering if you'd post that before i went away, guess you were able to hijack Tom's internet afterall! hug hug2 double hug!

Well everybody i'm on holiday for a week and might not be able to reply or check up on the thread, depending on whether or not i can find an internet cafe or library with internet. So, incase i can't, i hope you'll all keep thinking up names while i'm away and when i get back i will review all of them and post a short list of the ones i like! Have a great week everybody! biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
ooh if i'd known there were prizes on offer i'd've visited this thread sooner. I also see why Yoni offered so very many names (and cheated by using a random name generator)....

Well firstly i'd like to state that if you decide upon "Fire" or "Fyre" anything, likewise anything "Fairy", I will personally set about you with your own stick!

Now the problem, as I see it, is that most of the good names have already been taken. In the time i've spent on this site some really clever name have come and gone. As have some really dreadful name (Robin Greenshoes springs abundantly to mind). Therefore we need to find ones that haven't already been used but are still befitting one such as yourself smile

To that end, I've been a musing and a pondering and a making tea (cos i was all thirsty and tea deprived). And have come up with a few ideas....

Antithesis – no idea why, just like it as a word.
Callista – It’s Greek and means ”most beautiful”. I checked the HoP user lists, it’s not been used before…. Not many Greek speakers about I s’pose. But then people might think you’re a big Ally McBeal fan. So maybe not…. Also works with Kallisto – which is the same word spelt different. These ancient Greeks were tricky like that…
Balsam – one of the minstrels from Cantus’ band on Fraggle Rock. Balsam looks like vaguely like an armadillo and seems to be rather dim-witted. He plays the bongo drums.
Brio – ok at this stage I should point out that I get a lot of my names from characters on Fraggle Rock. As is evinced in my choice of this one. Another minstrel from cantus’ band. Only 1 more band member to go….
Brool – ooh from the band too…What are the chances.... You’re not liking these are you? I can tell…. Well worry not I’m sure it can’t get any worse… oh by the way, Brool is very large, green and monster-like, plays a string instrument not unlike a double bass…
Cotterpin - a slightly rebellious and stubborn young Doozer, one of the few (and perhaps only) Doozers who regularly interacts with Fraggles…now if you haven’t watched fraggle rock then you might not really appreciate any of these names. Perhaps I should change tack somewhat…

Chrysanthe – more Greek. It means Golden Flower. If nothing else you’re getting a good grounding in Greek…. Let’s try Latin next…Fausta – it’s Latin for auspicious or lucky…Sounds pretty I thought… No? Ok how about:Eibhlin - smile Which is Irish and comes (by a very convoluted route) from an ancient Germanic word for bird… It’s pronounced Aveleen…you’re not looking convinced… okSadh – pronounced Siev… Means "sweet, goodly" in Irish Gaelic. I can see the downside to it already… ok well keep trying…Cliodhna – Possibly means "shapely" in Irish Gaelic. “In Irish legend this was the name of a beautiful goddess. She fell in love with a mortal named Ciabhan and left the Land of Promise with him”. And like all these tales, it doesn’t end well for either of them… Ok last twoDelyth – which I think is welsh for pretty. If it’s not and it means dog poo or something don’t be cross. I learn all my welsh from watching S4C (welsh channel 4) and usually all I get to say is telling people that the news is on later, or that it’s football on after the break…Æðelflæd – Which I think is a great name, Mostly because it’ll be good watching people trying to pronounce it (although I think it’s really easy…but that’s probably just me). It’s Anglo-Saxon. And if you’ve spotted the theme running through many of the suggestions above then you’ll most likely know what it means already ubblol

*reads post through* Phew that's a lot of words...

Never let it be said that i do things by half measure wink

hug

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shoshanah

Mysterious has a ring to it or Secret

There's already a HoPper called Mysterio... bit too close I think...

hug

Granted he doesn't post much. But i reckon if you mention his name enough he's bound to turn up....

Likewise:

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

devil LEGION devil - for you will have many a name... biggrin

Has been done. Was all a bit nasty, and i'd prefer not to be reminded of him if it's all the same to you...

By the way, my favourite bit of this entire thread is the fact that Brit_Joe has managed to spell biggrin wrong ubblol

I know i shouldn't giggle. But sometimes it's so hard not too... rolleyes

Meh

addict
498 posts

Posted:
Dude Cantus! you only said you'd written a couple of names down! I may have to forsake every other suggestion by any others and pick one of yours simply on the basis of the amount of effort and research put into every name!... ok maybe not the Fraggle Rock names though... in fact i'll just skim over them entirely... hugI think Callista is doomed whichever way it's spelt cause i'm an Ally McBeal fan if i choose that and apparently a Xena fan if i choose Kallisto, so maybe not... I'm liking alot of the other names though, especially... no on second thoughts i'm not gonna give anything away till i post the short list biggrin

perhaps i shouldn't forsake every other name though... specially not Col's, but Col if i don't pick yours, you're not allowed to hunt me down and kill me ok? despite how much i said it was cool.. and how being a nymph does sound fun... i just don't particularly want Cantus to set about me with my own stick cause it doesn't sound fun... unless he words it differently... tongue

Come on guys! i would like a few more names for the short list before i post it! by the way, not sure i mentioned but the short list i'll post as a poll thread to see which names are best received by others, and if your name made the shortlist then i guess you can vote for it! However if i have a particular favourite i may just use that depite it's popularity... but the higher the no. of votes to a name will influence my decision i assure you biggrin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Wel don't tell then you haven't got a wombat.... rolleyes They're not going to gleefully bound in and start listing names at the promise of no wombats.

You really have no clue have you?

hug2

Meh

addict
498 posts

Posted:
No not really. and i don't pretend to deny it or hide it biggrin hug

hey! offtopic

ok well people seem to have lost interest anyway... i'll give people one more day to post any last suggestions and on wednesday i will post my short list poll! yey! wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

I think Callista is doomed whichever way it's spelt cause i'm an Ally McBeal fan if i choose that and apparently a Xena fan if i choose Kallisto, so maybe not...

offtopic but...how good was Xena! So much better than turdy Hurcules...ok im done now biggrin

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Keep your name, but in a new disguise...

Find out how to say "un-named" in several languages, and choose the coolest sounding one...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Little Tnewbie
27 posts

Posted:
heres a few with meaning

adalqiso- noble hostage

adish- fire

diallo- bold

wasaki- the enemy

ignacio- one who is fire

idris- firey

ahanu- he who laughs

zador- violent

i like bubbles pretty bubbles i like bubbles in the air

893 posts

Posted:
Rinsaku Kiyokawa - NinjaBurger.com name for "Ow my head"

Can you see the trend in my name suggestions?

addict
498 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Charles

Keep your name, but in a new disguise...

Find out how to say "un-named" in several languages, and choose the coolest sounding one...

Have had a look and it's quite cool in spanish but alas spanish or not it's still not a name! i may reconsider it as it does sound cool..

thank you for the effort princess but for me those are a bit too masculine sounding or me... especially the 'HE who laughs' one but thanks anyway!

Dave rolleyes while this joke of me bring a bringer of destruction whenever i have a staff in my hand is hilarlious, you should know that i'm not gonna pick any names that relate to it as until Play i was not like that and i blame you entirely for being plagued with this staff curse! AND i haven't had any staff related accidents since Play either which further points to some sort of staff meddling on your part! ... i'm kidding i was just feeling the festival atmosphere, i think being barefoot all festival went to my head and spurred a crazed staff frenzie! hug

daizeSILVER Member
175 posts

Posted:
"Mr Mystofolies" smile

"Eh Gringo"..."Compadre", "bastardo"

"Alcoholics Anonymous"

"Limping stranger"

"Where the wind blows..."

"eh"

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
in no particular order smile:

melliflous (or maybe melliflower)

whiffletree

gelastica

mimsy

purpura

cuspidora

the last two don't have entirely pleasant definitions frown,

but they're still pretty names. although i think some people

might get the wrong idea with a name like "cuspidora".

oh well, i like them all. ubbrollsmile

893 posts

Posted:
I barely touched you.. How could it possibly be me? Also i'm not accident prone so I can't be contagious so nehh nana

hug

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i quite like the sound of:

* Jumbalaya
- which is like gumbo, but sounds more interesting.
* Hypergammon
- although you may dislike the whole gammon = pig connection. But it starts with Hyper, which is a plus.
* Chickasaw
- cos it's native american, which is cool, and it sounds like a girl dinosaur, and girls and dinosaurs are cool.
* Fourteen varieties of BLAM!
- this one is my favourite, although it means nothing and it's a bit wordy. But it could be informally shortened to Blam, which is still nice smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
on seeing cantus and simian's lists i've decided to make mine look prettier and include helpful information to help sway you towards my suggestions. so here they are again:

melliflous (or maybe melliflower) - the former meaning flowing with honey, the latter not really meaning anything as such.

whiffletree - which is some sort of crossbar thing.

gelastica - from "gelastic" meaning to do with laughter.

mimsy - a made up "portmanteau" word from alice through the looking glass that's a blend of flimsy and miserable.

purpura - a skin condition denoted by purple spots or patches.

cuspidora - from "cuspidor" which is a receptacle for spit.

hmm, maybe they were better without definitions. oh well. the sound they make is far more important then what they mean. and rather than having a name that means "pretty girl" in elvish or whatever, don't you think it would be way cooler to have a name that's a rare skin condition? although i wouldn't recommend "epidermolysis bullosa" 'cos that's a bit of a mouthful.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hello Insert_Name_Here. wave

2bags and I have been debating via PM, many things.
These include: Are you a man or a woman? Can we change the prize for the winner to a flash of boobie? Are all boobs found on womens chests, or are some located under willies? redface

He is too embarassed to ask these things, and he paid me loads of sweets to ask you.
ubbrollsmile

steve dbBRONZE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
what? umbiliciformcrateronface i'm not sure who you are, but if you'd read the rest of the thread then "insert_name_here"'s gender has already been ascertained.

furthermore, i wholeheartedly disagree with you reducing this serious discussion about discrete-nomenclature to playground tittering about "boobies". please leave this discussion forthwith, or shall kick you in whatever happens to be located under your willie.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
eek

but...but....but... redface

Oh dear, this is highly embarassing....

Page: