Page: ...
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yay! A thread on Anti-Spin weaves!

So I was just thinking about them. Simian can probably think better about them, but I was bored so I posted this.

(I think) the default anti-spin weave is the anti-spinised equivalent of doing constantly translated isolations. ie: you're just isolating in one direction in front of you, doing the normal one bit iso, and constantly translating the staffs. (changing the ends that are 'together')

Sometimes my anti-spin weave has a few extra beats in it, as if you were folding the staffs under your arms in the 'non-anti-spin' version of the weave.

So after a comment by ben, I thought about the other obvious variations on anti-spinning isolations:

Anti-spinning the 'giant' staff created by the isolation. (very difficult, unless you have small sticks / huge arms.)

Anti-spinning just one of the staffs and getting the other to follow it. (Kinda weird feeling, not sure if it's visually effective yet.)

Moving the center of the isolation in a circle and anti-spinning on that.

Anti-spinning both of them and just having a quarter / half rotation of isolation in the 'middle' of the movement.

oh wait, I think the caffiene just ran out.

Questions: What about butterfly?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-9084797184167536780

try that then... biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
thank-you biggrin kiss

eek

omfg!

i watched it and that is possibly the coolest thing i've seen in a manipulation video for fookin ages.

this is for you:

Non-Https Image Link

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
No worries.

Hopefully the final version will be better.

Until then: https://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Windows

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

i watched it and that is possibly the coolest thing i've seen in a manipulation video for fookin ages.

ditto clap hug

and oh yes, googlevids\youtube is great for being able to watch spinning vids at work smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
well then cole and simian before you view this next clip, I would consider having a fresh pair of pants ready...

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-5005488173514021059&hl=en-GB

Non-Https Image Link

ZOMG!!!!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Holy shite meg.......... sweeeeeeeeet ubblove

more........ yes more! now......

yes.... now ubbloco

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

3,149 posts

Posted:
Nah, that one was crap. The first one made me feel like Robocop, which was ace, because i love Robocop more than some members of my family, but that last one just made me feel like an acid addled hippy. Not cool.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simian

but that last one just made me feel like an acid addled hippy. Not cool.

So didnt eally make you feel any differant at all then monkey? wink

I like it - not because of its simplicity, but because with more work, this sot of thing could be a sweet interface for staff move descriptions - acid addled hippy aside, i think its a sweet breakthrough in the world of putting staff across over the internet.

any how - you creamed your pants at the still picture version of this - now its moving its not gained effect? surely not........

and for the record - youd make a kick ass robocop monkey, small, but kick ass smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
They'll be no interface I'm afraid, it's all based on doing stupid things with premiere titles. No 2d animation package for me... frown

I might try that in the future thou.

And yes monkey, it is a bit rough, no smoothing of the png's and no fading out of the 'trailing' sticks... but the whole ZOMG thing comes from the fact that I can now make every single gif on this page into a lovely animation, that I can manually key to footage of me or you doing some of them...

visual jazz for meg...

robocop monkeys!!!!!!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Very nice... clap

Need to watch it again but stoned next time... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mo-sephenthusiast
523 posts

Posted:
I was waiting for the bit at the end when the real world fades in and we can see that you've actually been spinning the stick that cleanly all along wink

monkeys ate my brain

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
cole: neither tongue im sort of aiming at getting one poi going straight accross, and one poi up and down, but. because im trying to stay in a hybrid beat whilst doing the antispin ness, ive gotta make the 'stationary points' (i guess thats what youd call them) a bit scew-iff. so... the left wick starts in the same position, as does the top one. the right ones ends slightly higher and the bottom one slightly to the right.

does it all make sence so far?

i have to exit after that, because my continuous hyrbids arent yet up to scratch.

yep, ive had a good read of both of the polyrythm threads during the week. ive got the hang of 1:2 and 1:4 longarm flowers, 1:4 in antispin too. am gona start working on 2:4 and 1:3 soon.

also meg, how to you create those staff diagrams?

cheers, pete hug kiss
EDITED_BY: pineapple pete (1162000401)

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
The diagram is really sweet meg, like that the whole antispin stuff makes so much more sense (I had no idea what the hell you guys were babbling about the whole time till I saw it done at Ubereurope live)!

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Funky stuff.
It'd almost make you want to play more staff..... almost wink

Nice one

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
pete: errrr poi? say what now?

I create the diagrams using a vector drawing program like coreldraw / ilustrator but for linux called: inkscape SVG.

entheogen: biggrin

ronan: le slap.

darimothmember
62 posts

Posted:
damn guys,that diagrams are really usefull!
really,it helps much than 10000topics.

tnx a lot!

--Late biosas---
tired to watch videos,let's go juggling in the street.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
poi, its like a staff, broken in the middle, and chain instead of wood or metal in the middle. ish.

hmm, ill have to look into getting something like that

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
in the spirit of this thread and avoidance of exam preparation i have made an antispin / isolation film. Its poorly shot, with a dying camera that stops recording every 10 seconds, and it deteriorates a bit near the end but its here anyway.

if anyone else has some videos id love for them to be posted cos those diagrams really do my head in.

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Good job!

Haven't seen all of it yet, (at work) but it's given me lots of interesting ideas.

A bit scrappy, but if you've only got ten seconds to fit stuff in, I can understand why...

Thanks!

clap clap clap clap

biggrin

meg

GHCmember
156 posts

Posted:

Crumbs Munkey,,,,, Okay so the spinning is rather good wink
But you must have it bad to put it to a song about wow....

How many days have you lost, and have you seen the Southpark episode about it...... More in jokes than you can wave a spaecially created in joke waving stick at...

See you at spitz. Funny song btw.

A fellow Addict.

Ghc to Liquifies through contact.... "Do I look Gay"?
LTC to Ghc.... "Like you just sucked off a big Gay man in that pub over there".....

Strugz to a River Hobbit "Your C***ed, and I have red paint all over my teeth"

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
in-jokes tend to go down better in pm form, unless of course you *want* to look like an attention seeker... tongue

*badly hides the fact that i'm upset cos i ain't seen no cool monkey video*

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hey! I called a move 'pacman' when I didn't know what it was called! (I still don't!)

Possible variation - 'Pacman Will Eat Itself'?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

3,149 posts

Posted:
Curiously relevant, since in any given game played to completion, PacMan WILL eat himself at least 3 times.

one day, when i'm old and have gone slightly mad, i'm going to work out how to complete the infamously impossible level 256:

Non-Https Image Link

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
WHEN you're old...?

GONE slightly mad...? umm

Have you tried Exorcism?

Or freebasing to get both the munchies and an energy kick?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
atomic antispin double ......

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

3,149 posts

Posted:
oooooh i like that lots ben smile

see the bit in LAB 06 with 90degree plane changes at antispin 'points'?

Potential for all kinds of madness mixing them two together...

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
you wanna make boxes, like weird corners of boxes. like weaving them. That would be the win.

not like this:

https://videos.tepookatoys.com/media/made/THELAB.wmv

google:

https://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1183563926305758390

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
HOLLY S**** !!!!
what have you done !! eek

This is just the best théorical video I've seen for working on anti spins and isoations possibilities . You made what I had in mind when I wrote Stars and Flowers but with much more trix !!
Great Job !!hug

>> all is full of love <<

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
sweet video, would be cool if you did the leading staff in a different colour to help stop us having seizures while trying to work out whats going on, you need robots in it and seizure music like that simpson episode where they go to japan and the commerical comes on and every has a seizure *nods* do it. ive been playing with the anti spin cross, doing it as a in front of you pin wheel style thing, cant find much else with cross for anti spin though frown im still trying to only anti spin one stick and normal spin the other one in the hotizontal plane (normal spin) and one in the vertical (antispin). soooo where the video of you doing all those things?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Page: ...