Page: ...
mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
yay! A thread on Anti-Spin weaves!

So I was just thinking about them. Simian can probably think better about them, but I was bored so I posted this.

(I think) the default anti-spin weave is the anti-spinised equivalent of doing constantly translated isolations. ie: you're just isolating in one direction in front of you, doing the normal one bit iso, and constantly translating the staffs. (changing the ends that are 'together')

Sometimes my anti-spin weave has a few extra beats in it, as if you were folding the staffs under your arms in the 'non-anti-spin' version of the weave.

So after a comment by ben, I thought about the other obvious variations on anti-spinning isolations:

Anti-spinning the 'giant' staff created by the isolation. (very difficult, unless you have small sticks / huge arms.)

Anti-spinning just one of the staffs and getting the other to follow it. (Kinda weird feeling, not sure if it's visually effective yet.)

Moving the center of the isolation in a circle and anti-spinning on that.

Anti-spinning both of them and just having a quarter / half rotation of isolation in the 'middle' of the movement.

oh wait, I think the caffiene just ran out.

Questions: What about butterfly?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ima: What have I done? Indeed.

doing things is gay. So is practising. Making animations is cool.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
MCP you rock!

Are all those patterns actually fully worked out or are they just in theory? I definitely recognise a number of them from previous labs, but a couple of the doubles patterns in the middle are beyond me how they actually function.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
maybe I will write a transcript for the video... in a little bit.

It has made me realise how much the body adds to a move. Snaked up and bth and btb anti-spin bfly should all look the same if done cleanly, if you consider just the path of the sticks... but add a body in there and it becomes hella interesting to see the differences... biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'll comment as soon as my eyes re-adjust to the vibratory synchronisation of this dimensional reality... peace ubbloco peace

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
Atomics are very cool ben-ja-men,

can you do them in a constant circle somehow?
i'm not with my staves at the moment all i got is sock poi, mocking me at such a crucial time.

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
Hey all, nice vids and stuff.

Fin, dude, your staff is insane now, i like it. Will be cool to come jam with you when im back in adelaide again. Although my staff-ness is severely lacking at the moment in favour of poi. Although im not sure if you can call what im doing just poi. Will fill you in later! Keep up the good work guys!

bounce weavesmiley bounce2

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
so i wanted to do another video. but my camera is still shotty, so avoiding this, i made an animation.

making animations of the movements, really allows you to understand what you are doing alot better and it seems to be all the rage these days. Its a quarter beat antispin thing.

enjoy

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Nice, I like the 3D body.

MAKE MORE! MOOORRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!! hug

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
very cool anti_fin cool

(just in case you hadn't noticed, there is one bit where the hand moved to the end of the purple stick from the centre and then back again)

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
"just in case you hadn't noticed, there is one bit where the hand moved to the end of the purple stick from the centre and then back again"

If you look closer, it does that like 10 times. i made the mistake of animating the staves first, and then i had to deal with the perfect planes that i set up for myself with the imperfect human body. Next time im doing them together and spreading the deficiencies between both.

meastnewbie
38 posts

Posted:

eek ubbloco it's sublime...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblove

meast you must be bored of new years in france wink

[Old link]

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1en9jZd5zI

thats it.

now i really have to do some study.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that's pretty mental biggrin

good luck with the study hug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubblove

Very pretty Meast! ubblove

Oh yeah, the animation was eye-catching and informative too... rolleyes

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDhQ0thbVVE

imakokodemember
121 posts

Posted:
Hi, I have at least finished to edit the text I wrote last September about the concept of "implicits isolations" biggrin and here is the translation in english :

>> imakokode.org/PlanetsInHands.doc <<

You'll find théory about classical and implicit isolations mostly for contact ball and palm spinning, but also a very good Video with Pich performance on acrylic balls in antispin.

Hope you wont be to affected by the spiritual approch of some concept but I'm not that good at math wink this are just some thoughts, feelings and ideas, hope you'll like it smile

This more, for those who didn't read it yet, the basic theory of antispin for Staff and Poi :

>> imakokode.org/Antispinenglish.doc <<

hope the format .doc is ok for you smile

>> all is full of love <<

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
DA BUMP!

funnnnnnny thread...

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
The 'Antispin english' document is still present on the server

and point some nice technical aspects of antispin.

Antispinenglish.doc

enjoy,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I've only just started playing with antispin, isolations & doubles, so I have nothing particularly intelligent to add at this point.

just wanted to give props to a thread, that stretches my brain to breaking point... but in a good way.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
just an idea, about creating lateral shapes spinning staffs (i.e triangle/square antispin)

is this true or am I mistaken:

given no handwraps/fingerspinning:

in order to create the shape in wallplane you need x linear isolations + [(x-1) for odd numbered or x for even numbered lateral shapes] antispun turns (these are not full turns, just moving the staff enough to create the next 'side' of the shape)

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Page: ...