Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So it started off when I went to find my car. They're shooting a movie on my block called "The Brave One." Apparently it might have Jodie Foster in it, although I haven't seen her. So after 10 minutes of frantic searching and trying to piece together where the hell I might have put it, I realized that they must have towed it and replaced it with the movie trucks.

So I ask a cop if they towed my car and he said "they probably did, talk to that lady over there." So I talk to her and she calls over the guy from Locations who comes over, has a look at me in my White Coat and stethoscope and says "Oh, are you on the set?"

"No. I'm a real doctor. And I'm already late to work now."

So he tells me that they've towed my car around the corner and sure enough there it is. I've already called my chief resident to explain why I'll be late, I get in my car, start to drive, and OMG what IS that STENCH?

I get to work and as soon as I sit down in morning rounds the stench comes back. And now I'm freaked out. What is it? Why is it following me around? And then I look at the bottom of my shoe and somewhere on my way to my car I must've stepped in...dog poop. frown

So apparently as soon as the meeting was over the Chief of Service, who was the attending that morning commented that "I didn't want to be mean, but as soon as Mike came in it really started to stink!" redface

So I went down to the floor and washed the poop (or about 99% of it, anyway) off my shoe using a spare toothbrush and some disinfectant/deodorizer and then went out to inspect the inside of my car...

Well, the dog poop was so "one with" the floor mat that it just had to be thrown away, and having a couple of hours to kill, I went to the dealership, but they don't make floor mats for my car anymore, so I need to figure out how to get a new one.

I'm on my way back to work when my phone buzzes that I have a new text. It's my coworker, Alexie. He has texted me, "Having a poopy day?" Great. Now the entire department knows about it.

And all day, various residents, nurses, and even medical students have been coming up to me and saying "I hear you're having a poopy day, Mike!"

help

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
I dont wanna be mean, but as soon as you came onto this forum, it started to stink wink tongue

What I meant to say was... awwww hug hug2 biggrin
EDITED_BY: Asena (1153775742)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Do you want me to kill them all....? devil

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
poop happens... tongue

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
ebay for the floor mats?

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Do you want me to kill them all....? devil

At one point I went running after one of the other residents threatening to kick him...with the right foot. ubbangel

-Mike

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
awwwwww.. All these things happen for a reason. Its just something you have to get over. I am sure that something wonderful will happen to you. Something fabulous. hug's for doc! Take care, dont let life take you down. Because there will always be someone or something to lift you right up smile hug smile

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

addict
567 posts

Posted:
Oh, and those people teasing you, theyll get their kharma soon enough. Or if youd like i can just give them a kick in the nuts biggrin Dont worry doc! Sounds like you took it well, and kharma will serve you nicely! And so will all the HoPers hug

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Hah, Rave. The resident I was running after threatening to kick is actually Hindu.

I was like "Alexie, you're Hindu, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"So you do understand the concept of Karma, right? Just checking!"
ubblol

-Mike

addict
567 posts

Posted:
lol!!! Nice. Take it easy doc, youll get a break of your kit kat bar soon!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: RaveRepresent

All these things happen for a reason.

and the reason for stepping in dog poo is....? umm

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

addict
567 posts

Posted:
New shoes and new floor panel for the car ubblol Honestly, it could happen because of karma. Possibly he did something wrong? I dont have all the answers to life ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dentrassi

All these things happen for a reason.

and the reason for stepping in dog poo is....? umm

Apparently around here people say it's good luck to step in dog poo. But only if you do it accidentally.

I think it's a consolation for having crappy (pardon the pun) stuff happen to you.

-Mike

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Maybe it happened because you haven't told us any hospital stories for a while hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I still boggling that they shifted your car. That they can do that at all.

Dog poop is the pits. Worse than chook poop which is our main problem.

I had to laugh at them thinking you were an actor. Its those handsome features again. hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

New shoes and new floor panel for the car ubblol Honestly, it could happen because of karma. Possibly he did something wrong? I dont have all the answers to life ubblol

What? I make sick babies better for a living! Sure I do plenty to accrue bad karma, but surely I pay it off every day! ubbangel

-Mike

addict
567 posts

Posted:
Sorry i doubted you there doc smile never knew how good of a person you are. smile

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Rave, feel free to knock my angelicalitiness (yes, I blatantly and gratuitously made up that word) any time.

I'm a total skeezeball. wink

-Mike

addict
567 posts

Posted:
you know youre not a skeezeball smile and if you are, all us HoPers still love you ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
That's *WHY* they love me... I just don't skeeze at you because you're just a baby. tongue

-Mike

addict
567 posts

Posted:
touche Doc... you play a fair game of verbal war... I shall win... I SHALL WIN! ubblol

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Shaddap, sonny... *wields cane*

-Mike

addict
567 posts

Posted:
playing dirty eh? *equipts a cruel colossus calibur with two to all skills, twenty increased attack speed, seven life steal, ten percent mana regenerate, five percent life replenish and fifteen to strength* wink

Dangerousmind66Member
90 posts

Posted:
Wow, someone on here's as big a dork as I am.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:

awwwwww.. All these things happen for a reason. Its just something you have to get over.

[rant]
Yes, the reason it happens is goddamn lazy dog owners not cleaning up after their pets! It's not just something you have to get over (IMO). People that own dogs and leave their mess behind deserve to have their noses rubbed in it! It's discusting that they think they can leave it behind for others to step in. Doc Lightning worked in a childrens hospital and has walked about in a dog muck covered shoe at work. Not very hygenic wouldn't you say. Toxocara canis disease carried by dogs and found in infected dogs faeces can cause blindness in children!
[/rant]

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

Apparently around here people say it's good luck to step in dog poo. But only if you do it accidentally.

I think it's a consolation for having crappy (pardon the pun) stuff happen to you.

either that or its the odds of it happeneing. its like which ever idiot said it was lucky to get crapped on by a bird.

hug to you though for having one of thoes days you will soon learn to laugh about hug

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Skulduggery

[rant]
Yes, the reason it happens is goddamn lazy dog owners not cleaning up after their pets! It's not just something you have to get over (IMO). People that own dogs and leave their mess behind deserve to have their noses rubbed in it! It's discusting that they think they can leave it behind for others to step in. Doc Lightning worked in a childrens hospital and has walked about in a dog muck covered shoe at work. Not very hygenic wouldn't you say. Toxocara canis disease carried by dogs and found in infected dogs faeces can cause blindness in children!
[/rant]

But skully, don't hold back, dear, tell us what you really think! ubblol hug ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

playing dirty eh? *equipts a cruel colossus calibur with two to all skills, twenty increased attack speed, seven life steal, ten percent mana regenerate, five percent life replenish and fifteen to strength* wink

*wields a dog poop-covered shoe in your general direction*

-Mike

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Sorry Doc, but I live in dog muck central. My house is next to the canal so has people walking their dogs up and down all the time. There is always dog cr@p all over our footpaths and it annoys the hell out of me.

One day I'm going to collect up a whole load of the stuff in a brown paper bag and I'm going to follow an offender home. I'll put the bag on the doorstep wrapped in newspaper and set fire to it, then I'll ring the door bell and watch from a distance as they open the door and stamp on the bag to try and put it out.

Mwahahahahahahaha ubblol

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
I've stared a dog owner down right outside my house until he picked the poo up in a tissue... can't stand it either. If you want to keep a big pet that sh!ts everywhere in a town or a city you can bloody well look after it smile

Interestingly, the same people that don't look after their dogs usually complain about pigeons wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

addict
567 posts

Posted:
okay doc, now you just playing TOO dirty. ubblol

Page: