AstroBoymember
43 posts

Posted:
Hey guys I know I haven't been here in a while but i'm back, I was just wondering what everyone thought about the 20-20 on Michael Jackson. I think that it was a bunch of crap, and the guy who made it was competly making Michael Jackson look like a Child molester. I just thought this was a horrible tabloid directed at one person.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Astroboy it is okay to be a Michael Jackson fan.

Personally I think he is more frightening than Saddam Hussein.

Hey there's an idea. Raymund you think if we sent Michael Jackson to Iraq Saddam would reconsider disarming?Hell they tried blasting Twisted Sister at Manuel Noriega why not give it a try?

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I heard the interview described as "the longest suicide note in history."

Personally, I think the guy's music was cool back in the 80's, but then he just got way too weird. In Living Color (American TV show) did a lot of spoofs of his videos, which were also incredibly entertaining... ahh ILC we miss it dearly...

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Hey,don't forget "Weird" Al Yankovic had a lot of fun at his expense too.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
the guy's just having his childhood, and letting other kids have what he never got.

didnt watch it, i refused to watch it. makes me sick how people can be missrepresented by the media, but we all knew what was going to happen but all watched it any way.

take for example, the woman that sued him for aledgedly molestering her son back many years ago. if you were a parent no amount of money would put that right in your mind, some one molested your kid you want them dead, not get paid a few million to put it right.... any way enough of that i hate the subject of kiddie fiddlers.

but any way, i was talking with my dad about this and he says the program was a load of ..... because jacko owes some one shitloads of dollars and needed to make a few. dont know if thats true, but i'd have though with he money that he made over all these years, that the interest woud pay off any debt, like how many milions does he get each year from royalties.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, he did owe Sony Records $80 million dollars for his last album, but he sold the rights to all (most?) ot the Beatles records which he owned - woth $120 million.

Martin Bashir (the interviewer) was truly appalling and very, VERY, melodramatic. Although in fairness MJ was kind of frantic in his room and with "Blanket" but that's just nerves I guess.

I couldn't work out why he was so bored in Las Vegas with no one around. Surely he could just see his kids? They obviously weren't with their mum...

I still have full respect for Jackson and his music. He still writes a good tune, has a good voice and is a great dancer. Sadly I think he's just sounding little dated. He still wipes the floor with all these other pop-tarts.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Thought the program did him no favours.. I sort of understand where he's coming from - after all could you imagine a worse childhood? Being on stage from year dot.. and having your puberty problems in full view of the world - god if my little life had been broadcast to the world.. oh I'm cringing now.. and thats just knobbly knees, glasses and braces...

anyway I feel pity for him.. He's lost it a bit - being surrounded by 'yes men' all his life.. What would I do with my mate who has the ability to tell me to shut up and that I'm talking sh*te everynow and then?

I heard the Micheal J ownes the rights to all the Beatles tune and won't sell them back too Paul MCartney.. is that true? If so he's a self centered twit..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Actually he is the jerk who outbid the Beatles of the rights to their music from the get-go.I don't know how much of those rights he still owns as he is in financial trouble.He does owe Sony a buttload of money and his company MJJ productions just folded recently.

What is this crap about him having teenage boys sleeping in his bed with him?Personally I'm gonna laugh when his nose falls off.

Sorry if I sound a little unsympathetic for his situation.His life wasn't that bad.Not compared to a lot of other people.

Not to mention my idea of great music is the Sex Pistols or the Dead Kennedys.Just my $0.02

[ 13. February 2003, 09:46: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
when and why were the beatles music up for bid?

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
In the early 80's and because the Beatles like many acts of their time did not own the rights to their music.I'm not sure if it was just Paul McCartney or the three remaining Beatles who tried to purchase these rights but it was Jacko at the time who outbid them.Let's just say Michael and Paul McCartney were friends up to that point.

[ 12. February 2003, 11:04: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
well. if i remeber correctly.......years ago i rember a MJ (i will not use those two CUrsid words) he was investigated by the police over a child *cough* incident...... they found Big photo folders full of childrens pictures taken nakid ....his responce was the parents (of the children who are in pictures) sent him that....... he being MJ should be eliminated from the gene pool.
and thats my 2 cents which costed you a dollar.

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Miss RubySILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone!

I can't understand why any kid would want to get near him. I know that if he had come near me as a child, I would have been scared to even look at him. I would have screamed and ran for the hills!!!

...a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men...

Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by fireboy:
well. if i remeber correctly.......years ago i rember a MJ (i will not use those two CUrsid words) he was investigated by the police over a child *cough* incident...... they found Big photo folders full of childrens pictures taken nakid ....his responce was the parents (of the children who are in pictures) sent him that....... he being MJ should be eliminated from the gene pool.
and thats my 2 cents which costed you a dollar.

like i said before if there was any kiddie fiddling involved, you would want him dead or ocked up if it was your children, not a few million dollars in your bank.

MEDIA guys.... mostly all bullshit.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
The Jackson 5 was a good band. Thriller was a great album.

After that, MJ went crazy.

Raph

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
Remember something PK,not all parents are good parents.You or I would want him dead or locked up but some people actually do care about the money more than their children.Not to mention how can this happen as many times as it has without some kind of truth being applied to it?

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I thought the documentary was deliberately edited to portray MJ in a negative light. Yes he is abit odd, but who wouldn't be if they'd had a childhood like he did. I do not think he was abusing the boy who was filmed with him, or that he has ever abused anyone. I think what he said about love and there not being enough of it in this world was very astute. He seems to me as though he wants to A) Have children around him because he had such a traumatic childhood (at the hands of adults) that he finds adults difficult to relate to, and B) to try to help children who have tough lives to forget about it for a while and enjoy being a kid.

Just because a lie or rumour gets repeated over and over it doesn't make it the truth.

Are we nearly there yet?

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Well I don't know the details but lets assume a)there was not evidence to charge Micahel jackson and B)The boys parents have both reasonable morals and the realization that they cannot possibly be good parents to their son if they are in prison. Nor are they teaching their son a very good lesson by murdering someone. They would however want to hurt michael jackson and receive some sort of retribution since justice is denied. Civil law is a completly diffrent world then criminal law and you can win cases with less proof then you can in a criminal law trial (blame the justice system if you don't like this).

I find it strange you are bashing the parents for
pursueing a civil lawsuit.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
totally agree mr holic.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
right on, thistle and pk, i agree that there is such bullcrap in the media re: Mr Jackson.
I do not appreciate pop music in general, but I do agree that he's achieved alot in his life, in the face of incredible pressures.
I think he who is a multimillionaire gets to have the last laugh.
Good on ya Micheal.

people should never indict a person on allegations that are unproven. I particularly enjoyed the footage in the documentary where the mass of fans hounding Michael at the zoo turn on the press. yay people powah!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I imagine that he lives such an incredibly sheltered life - i.e. not seeing any news in papers, TV or radio - he really can't see what people find offensive about him sharing his bed with a friend.

Girls always have sleep overs, often sharing beds. Ok, he's older but that doesn't neccessarily prove anything malicious. Imagine you had never heard of anything to do with child abuse/paedophilia - now what could you see as being wrong with having friends sleep over?

His view of life and his whole outlook of sharing love throughout the world is, I think we'd all agree, a beautiful ideaology. Don't we just want everyone to love one-another?
Surely you can't have bad feelings towards him for striving for such a utopia.
He's a bit messed up, definately - but as people have said, since the age of 5 (at least) he's had everyone around him tell him he's the greatest, the best, the king of pop, a prodigé. No one then would say "no" to him and no one now could say "no" to him - he is, as MisStix said, surrounded by Yes Men. I think anyone would have a sligtly twisted mentality living like that for 30+ years.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
So at what point do we abandon the concept of personal responsibility?

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
little bit off topic but I'm at work (!) and there are sooo many threads about him - just read this: -

'Religious Nuts worship Michael Jackson.

The International Group of The Anointed Michael Followers claims to be "the new religion of the trilenium" (because alien worship was so last millennium, and Christianity was so the millennium before that).

These guys worship the King of Pop Michael Jackson — because he is "an Angel trapped inside human flesh". Human flesh? Have they seen his face lately?

Their facebook page gives us a basic rundown of their beliefs…

"We believe that Michael Jackson is an Angel trapped inside a human flesh. A Precious Treasure that God (or any high power you choose to believe in) gave us.

Michael symbolizes us purity, innocence, eternal childhood, unconditional love to animals and children, extraordinary talent, and great inspiration to hundreds and thousands of people around the world, and not only due to the fact that he's the greatest artist to walk our planet.

Michael Jackson is also a unique being and that's the cause to his isolation from the public's eye. Michael represents the hopes and dreams that live in each and every one of us, and he's exceptional personality is the source to his constant media bashing and character assassination.

Even though we're aware that he's physically human, the wholesome of his existence drives us to believe that he's spiritually divine."

You can join the Anointed Michael Followers via facebook if you like, but first you have to sign an online petition supporting the belief that "Michael Jackson is the Messiah". '

Made me chuckle....

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Lexie, I have evidence that you are spending an...um.. large... amount of time on the internet. You have just resurrected a 6 year old thread on Michael Jackson!
As to the annointed one etc... Have a look at his movie Moonwalker. As far as I remember, it definitely involves ascension!
Hugs to you and all
G

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....