GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
A search didnt return much about sock poi handles.

On my sock poi what would be an ideal weight/item to use. At the moment im just using a bouncy ball with the end of the hop sock tied up with a hair scrunchy thing. Its too light really though for throws.

what else could I use?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
i'll try golf balls

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
tie a knot in the end! simple!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
A powerball with a decent knot works brilliantly smile

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
already done. its too light and rubs my fingers. hop should sell fingerloops that can somehow be attatched or tied even to socks. you can you just attatch single finger loops to socks some how?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
You can, but for throws fingerloops are rubbish.

What size ball are you using, and how much sock are you tying into the knot in the handle? I use 1/4 to 1/3 of the length of the poi for the handle.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr_Chutney

I use 1/4 to 1/3 of the length of the poi for the handle.

Depending of the length of your poi to begin with of course... I think an absolute measurement would be more fitting here Chutters wink

Cake or Death?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
I know whay you're saying Jon, but its not an exacting science- it depends on what knot you're tieing, what material your socks. cones are made of, what weight is going in etc.

I was just trying to point out that a simple knot is not going top be sufficient, but a good knotted handle can be totally useable for throws and even wibbles (my throwy vid was spun with knotted handles only- no additional weight).

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
i'll post a pic when i get in from work, there green sock poi from here. ive got 130gram butterfingers juggling balls in them

Butterfingers Juggling ball

130gm, Four panel ball with high gloss finish. Colours may vary.

Non-Https Image Link

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
The latest pair I made have rice in the handles and they're lovely ubblove Took a bit of working out how to get them nice and tight but I got there. Not sure of the exact weight, but it was one good scoop per handle using one of those measuring cup jobbies that you get with medicine. Anyhoo, pour the rice into the body of the sock, NOT all the way down to the head or it'll be a nightmare to get out again. Then tie a tight knot in the open end as near to the end as you can. Shake the rice down to the tied end. This next bit is kind of tricky. In order to get a good solid handle, hold the body of the sock firmly in the kind of armpit bit between your thumb and first finger. Then waggle the handle end whilst slowly pulling on the head end, allowing the sock to slide through your finger and thumb. You should end up with a really tight blob of rice-filled sock. Then just twist the blob a couple of times to keep it tight and tie it off. You'll have to tie a baggy knot in the body of the sock and slide it down to the handle end, hence the twists to keep it all in place.

Right, well that's probably the worst explanation ever but I find it a really nice way to do it. Also, the two knots and blob of rice make quite a long handle so it's dead comfy to hold.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i use 100g of sunflower seeds in the end and 40g in the handles, both sets are wraped in socks and then stufed in the long socks

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!