Page:
mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
*******Hellfire 2007********

Okay, well some of you may have heard that the next falmouth/gwithian meet will probably be the last.

"OH GOOD GOD NO!!!!!" I hear you cry, well never fear young hoppers, we have something bigger and better planned for next year.... Hellfire!!! devil

Moving along the same theme as PLAY, but in lovely sunny(*we hope*) Cornwall. sunny

We want to know what you want at the festival.

Call it market research if you will! wink

We have lots of ideas ourselves so far, but if there's something you've seen somewhere else at a festival and would like it at Hellfire devil

...say so here!

Likewise if there is something that has caused you a bad experience at another festival, circus skills or otherwise,and it would put you off doing it agian...LET US KNOW!!! biggrin

One other issue is cost. Obviously we want to charge you lovely yummy people as little as possible for this beautiful summer experience, so bear in mind all things cost money! wink

I'm also interested as to wether people would be prepared to pay more on entry, for more facilities???? confused

Okay, we have a few things that we will have there anyway:

Big top-yay! bounce

Catering facilities

On site Toilet and Shower Blocks

Live Music/DJ's

Fire area

Workshop areas

Chill out tent

Camping

Parking

Performances

Beer Tent

Family area

....and basically all the usual sort of stuff.

Theres lots of other ideas we have, but we're waiting to see how realistically viable they are first.

So people....thoughts/ideas please! biggrin

Go on....you know you want to! wink

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Will Hellfire be anywhere near a beach? I loved that when I went to falmouth.. it was awesome.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
*sigh* another awesome, chilled out, free gathering going all 'festival' and commercial.

Makes me frown

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: =Flamer=

Will Hellfire be anywhere near a beach? I loved that when I went to falmouth.. it was awesome.

I would love for Hellfire to be some [censored] hybrid of Falmouth and Play! Big circus tent with performance AND next to a beach!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Bumpity bump bump bump...

Getting excited yet people? tongue

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Is it still happening?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Not sure.... last know location of the maus was thailand......then onwards, didnt think shed be back this year....

I doubt mags will want to put it all together on his own, but i may be wrong, he is a jedi after all.. biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
If not does that mean an impromptu Falmouth?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
let me know if it isn't as me and some friends are organising something similar in new forest countryside, marquee, music, fire area and other stuff etc for people who are interested, however the date clashes with Uberparis but I've told Rob off about that.

I think it is near a beach too although not cornwall it may be a bit easier for non-Devon spinners to get to, as it's not far from main road / motorways

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Hell Yes Mynci! Maus is being slack... wink so leave it to the naked ape to get things done! biggrin

Keep us posted... hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
frown

if you'd told me, i could have looked into other dates - i did say i was thinking about moving it....

frown

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Mynci Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sounds good as long as there are no apes/monkeys there either naked or clothed, Bov and Mr S monkey are ok as they are people and just use the name of monkey but no real ones smile

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol Ive actually escaped to Cambodia at the moment and am working here for a while.

As far as I know Hellfire is being postponed for now, but the idea is still very much there. Infortunately im on the other side of the world at the moment so cant really do a lot, and havent spoken to Mags in a long time.

Howver, Ill be back next year and there will be something.

And it will be something good. wink

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
ive been for a long walk, and returned, and Hellfire is cancelled frown frown frown .

Is angelina jolie still in cambodia? can you bring her back for me? i will pay you...... umm.... some sweets and stuff.

ping?

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
its not cancelled just put back a year lol just menas more time for planning and maus to have fun working in places that are not here.
hug

unless we have it in cambodia ubblol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Will do, wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol pong.

I don't think Angelina Jolie is still out here, but if I see her I'll be sure to put a good word in for you Sketch! wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
OK so I will see if we can't fill in for Hellfire for a year, we are just waiting for confirmation from the site and we are good to go. I'm doing my best not to do any organising but my compatriates will probably ruin that.

you have fun in the far off miss maus and we'll all see you when you returnest biggrin

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
If you need a hand any workshops or stuff like that Mynci i offer my service's as long as it dosnt clash with play/eastern haze or my exams lol...

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
and if any helkp with kiddie stuff is needed biggrin

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
something that is not teaching them how to spell though ubblol

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
I could even do some music tech stuff if u provide the kit wink

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cool cheers guys, we have a couple of P.A's and when we are sorted I will be whoring it on here for patrons and helpers etc. workshop help is always good, as will another on the music tech front we have a DJ and a Band member so we have basics but 4 guys isn't gonna be enough I reckon.. at least 1 of us is a fireman.

Thank you froggy, we are going down the road of child friendly and there should be some stuff for kids about, I think I can convince marie to do her bubble blowing workshop too smile

Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well i actualy work has head of music tech at a school so i have work with all kinds of kit and people so i can do anything like that just dont have me behind a mixing desk all the time and i will be happy lol wink

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Hey folks, yeah, as Kels says, Hellfire is certainly not gone, merely biding it's time. There may well even be a Falmouth this year... Keep your ears to the ground... wink

devil

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Puts ear to the ground *ewww* remind me to clean my floor at some point. Can i get up yet? biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sweet, great news Mags keep us informed, I like the general laziness of the falmouths biggrin

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I think there most definately should be a Falmouth this Easter biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

DarranSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Is there a web site i can look at as it sounds like somewhere I would like to come along to.Im very new at spinning and looking for a nice festival to go to for the summer.I live in Wales ,,Was wonder about music eg DJ acts and stuff?

The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
its not going to be happening this year but if its spinning festivals your after biggringo here

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
public competitions for the best performer of different acts, wih a small theme 2 enter and a prize, yay.

Stalls selling stuff-car boot like.

sponsers?

is it me or does nothing realy matter?

Page: