Page:
mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
*******Hellfire 2007********

Okay, well some of you may have heard that the next falmouth/gwithian meet will probably be the last.

"OH GOOD GOD NO!!!!!" I hear you cry, well never fear young hoppers, we have something bigger and better planned for next year.... Hellfire!!! devil

Moving along the same theme as PLAY, but in lovely sunny(*we hope*) Cornwall. sunny

We want to know what you want at the festival.

Call it market research if you will! wink

We have lots of ideas ourselves so far, but if there's something you've seen somewhere else at a festival and would like it at Hellfire devil

...say so here!

Likewise if there is something that has caused you a bad experience at another festival, circus skills or otherwise,and it would put you off doing it agian...LET US KNOW!!! biggrin

One other issue is cost. Obviously we want to charge you lovely yummy people as little as possible for this beautiful summer experience, so bear in mind all things cost money! wink

I'm also interested as to wether people would be prepared to pay more on entry, for more facilities???? confused

Okay, we have a few things that we will have there anyway:

Big top-yay! bounce

Catering facilities

On site Toilet and Shower Blocks

Live Music/DJ's

Fire area

Workshop areas

Chill out tent

Camping

Parking

Performances

Beer Tent

Family area

....and basically all the usual sort of stuff.

Theres lots of other ideas we have, but we're waiting to see how realistically viable they are first.

So people....thoughts/ideas please! biggrin

Go on....you know you want to! wink

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Hehe, pointing out....

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Something really cool is a hammock chill-out space. Loungey music, one central pole and all hammocks radiating out like spokes on a wheel.
absolute bliss
ubblove

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Nice idea-thanks! smile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
as long as it doesnt make the tent its in fall down!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: maus

Sure....i look crap blonde anyway! wink(and for the record...i knew who Emma Frist was already!)

So Neon do you have anything useful to add to this thread or are you just here to explore your comic book geekery a little more!? tongue

For the meat lovers we will probably be having a Hog Roast as part of the Carnivorous Catering. ubblove

Nope, nothing useful. I'm crap at organising things so I'll just leave it to you... tongue

All I'll say is - more workshops - clean toilets - All night loud-ish play area - all night chill area - DVDs! biggrin

Good on you! I didn't even know there was an Emma Frist! biggrin

Re: Hog roast - will catching the hog be one of the activities? (Lord of the Flies-style?)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dude less of the p*ss taking over my typo's!
Or there'll be trouble! tongue

As for your suggestions, yes, yes, yes and maybe. wink

And no, unfortunately catching the hog will not be one of the activities! ubblol

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
definately well thought out transportation methods and online directions for travellers who would like to come along. i think having things like face paint, henna, glitter etc for ppl to play with, oh and definately a massage area where you can pay for a proper massage mmmmmm massage, no festival experience is complete without it *eyes glaze over*

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
at majestik: "Oh ye of little faith"

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Cheers Darlin.... hug i VERY much like the massage idea!

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Try an arrange a technical manager who can be with you from the start (responsible for lighting, sound, power & technicians).... don't leave it too late!!!!!

ooooo.... how about an outdoor solar shower?

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ive only just realised that your avitar isnt the letter g or a strange crop circle nice one mausy

oh and couches definately couchs they had em in club 333 at earthcore last year it was reaaaaaaaaaaally good, just the kind you find on the side of the road, nice big tip or bonfire at the end of the festival will sort em riiiiiiight out smile

if i come id like to have *posh english accent* scones *end posh english accent* jam and cream with the rabbits in their sunday finest

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ben-ja-men

oh and couches definately couchs they had em in club 333 at earthcore last year it was reaaaaaaaaaaally good, just the kind you find on the side of the road, nice big tip or bonfire at the end of the festival will sort em riiiiiiight out smile

Won't that be really really really smelly and the enviromental impact wouldn't be very good.

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Fearpig, there will be showers on site anyway so no need for Solar showers.

Benjamen- thanks ! wink Doubt we'll use the couch idea, but we will be having some sort of chill out tent, more than likely with bean bags etc inside.

We will also hopefully be "keeping it cornish" with a lot of things, so you may well get cream teas! tongue Although the rabbits only get dressed up for me, don't know if they'll make the festy! wink

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
will there be kinky sh** ubbloco spank

I'm sorry, the heat is getting to me....
ubblol

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i think your underestimating the draw of the couch, like seriously, i thought it was kinda crazy having couchs in the middle of the bush when i heard about it but hot damn nothing quite like a couch and having beautiful women coming round bringing free alchol mmmmmmmm good times shame they didnt get the air con working *shrugs* the free massage did make up for it though mmmm massage

i think its the finer details that make the difference, if this and play are on within a few weeks of each other i think it would be very hard not to come over for it, i mean really spinning festivals woot

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dragosani

ubblol

ubblol

well Maus is organising it wink

ubbangel

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Strugz has posted one of the strongest arguments for attending a festival yet biggrin

Will there be a beach? Having the fire spinning and fire all night on a beach would be good smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

Written by: Dragosani

ubblol

ubblol

well Maus is organising it wink

ubbangel

ubblol

ummMeaning what exactly??? ubbangel

Benjamen- i can completely see where you're coming from, and i do love the idea, I'm just not sure if we would have the resources to do it this time. Transportation costs etc.

But believe me, there will be some quality "chilling" areas.

Among other attentions to detail. biggrin

And dude, you so know I'm not gonna let you get out of coming over for this don't you!!!?? ubbangel

Steaks- no beach on site I'm afraid, one big part of finding a site was finding somewhere away from the general public enough so that we could make noise etc. throughthe night and not disturb anyone, and unfortunately this means keeping away from very public areas like beaches.

smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
sounds good.... can i help with the chill out somewhow? bounce

best of luck luck gettin it all sorted miss... biggrin hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
a childrens circus area [Old link]

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Thats understandable Maus. Unfortunate, but understandable.

Good luck with everything. And my services are available for sound engineering/P.A. rigging if needed. smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dub- all help will be most welcome, what have you go in mind? hugThankyou!

Froggy- thats brilliant-thankyou! biggrin clap

Ta much Steaks, may well take you up on that! smile

grouphug

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
And if you end up needing help on the kiddie front... and of cause if i can make it i shall be more than happy to help out. I am police checked by social services and our local LEA biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
biggrin hug biggrin

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
hey, no useful suggestions rightnow, but any help you need doing pretty much anything, I'll do it :-)
I make a mean cocktail if you want a cocktail area *grins*

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
can i tie you up just for fun biggrin

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Cocktail area.....hmmmm...interestng idea! smile

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
What do I like to see at festivals?

1. Decent toilets and showers
2. Reasonably priced food, i.e. somewhat less than a fiver for a handful of chips.

It may stop, but it never ends.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Thankyou! smile

Page: