Forums > Videos > What do you think?!

Login/Join to Participate

alexwp01newbie
2 posts

Posted:
I've been browsing around the internet for some poi tuition (something a bit more visual than just learning from the books)... I started at HoP just as this popped up top on google and checked out the animations, then via spheculism to poipoi who have some pretty clear tuition videos (since i last checked, anyway). What do you guys think about the ones at poipoi? poipoi vids

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
The site seems nice. The videos are good quality and fairly easy to follow. The only thing I can criticize is the "5 Beat Weave/Isolations" which doesnt actually show a 5 beat isolated weave. Its more a 5 beat weave with a separation aka fake 7 beat.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
i reakon you cold learn more just playing about.... but thats just cos thats how i learn... that and directly from people but as far as online stuff goes there pretty good.... but i wold also do different vids... as in make it clearer... everthing that can be done forwards can be done backwards and transfering between them so you not a sttue spinnging... but yeah they are quite good smile and thats IS just a 5 beat with a lockout.... i have never seen a fully isolated 5beat... putting an isolation in would be possible but it still wouldnt be an isolated 5beat...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
You can pretty much entirely isolate a 5 beat weave.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me