Forums > Technical Discussion > Perfect safety record ruined....sort of....

Login/Join to Participate

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
So I've had my first accident friday, luckly nobody was hurt.
I was spinning on friday, about half way into my routine when a chain snaps on me.

Thermal expansion due to the night time heat caused a link in my chain to expand and come loose. A flaming burning kevlar fireball flies out and hits me in the chest. We got them put out and set them aside. I'm ordering replacement chains this week so I should be burning again soon. I'm upset that my poi is broken but, definatly glad that myself nor anyone else was injured by the mishap. No property was damaged either.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
thats not a ruined safety record! it didnt even go TOWARD the audience!

Written by: havocangel

Thermal expansion due to the night time heat caused a link in my chain to expand and come loose.

it couldnt have been because of the heat from the ball of fire could it? no no no, must've been the warm night time heat umm ubblol tongue

glad to hear no one got hurt(besides your chest) and it was well handled, definatly not a blemish on your record.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
Heh, accually I didn't get burned either. I've got a great safety luckly. It was pretty dry that night too, afterwards we couldn't even find scortch marks around the area where the wicking fell.