Forums > Videos > Twinkie and Mr Tumnus presents....my first poi and staff videos

Login/Join to Participate

eatyourbiscuit
eatyourbiscuit

Total posts: 12
Posted:a couple of links to my first attempt at filming fire twirling. Comments are very welcome. Im the one with the poi, and Twinky is the one that looks like a hippy

Andy

twinkie and mr tumnus
the noise of thunder

"...be all that you can be, just as long as you are free..."

Delete Topic

RaveRepresent
RaveRepresent

addict

Total posts: 567
Posted:Your first attempt at fire poi? That is pretty good i must say, though i did find some things you could clean up. When i say this, i mean no offense. I think that you should change speeds during your spinning. Moving fast is impressive, yet its only impressive to a certain extent. Learn how to acheive a nice flow when you do a foward weave to a reverse weave. Move slow and try to get the movements down precisely. A great move you should learn is the fountain. All it is, is just a foward weave swooping down and back up to a reverse weave to a windmill to fowards weave - just incase you didnt know. Really nice spinning, just keep up your practice. What you really want to learn is the flow of the moves and the focus and precise movements. Good luck man, loved it! A bit of side information - do not be afraid of poi, but try to keep a hold of your safety

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

Delete

eatyourbiscuit
eatyourbiscuit

Total posts: 12
Posted:thanks glad you liked it... cheers for the pointers, its a bugger when you dont know anyone who spins and have to teach yourself, its nice but outside crit is always good and very welcome. hopefully if this weather keeps up i can have another burn tonight, which means that i can practice now and have fun later smile ... im a lot less afraid of the poi than i was the first time i lit them, it feels like you have to relearn the moves once fire is introduced but i love it...now im off to practice keepin it smooth

"...be all that you can be, just as long as you are free..."

Delete

RaveRepresent
RaveRepresent

addict

Total posts: 567
Posted:No problem, and yes, i know what its like to teach yourself, sometimes it will get boring and not so motivating. Just keep it up bro. I also know what you mean by it feeling as if you have to relearn the moves with fire poi. Feels good to know you like the fire, many people are too intimidated. I'll hope for the weather to keep up aswell. As long as you practice and dont give up if youre stuck you'll find the prize is even greater. If any help is required for any moves or techniques, ill try and help you out bro. PM me if you need any help. Much love.

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

Delete