Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I may be joining you all at this even, all depends on my flights/visa smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Wow! that would rock!

The above comment applies to both erin and steaks biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Russ: Will see how it goes. It sucks lemons because I was really looking forward to Adelaide again.

I still might do the Friday/Sunday thing, but will see. If I do go, your shoot's on for sure. Sorry but don't forget to arrange makeup. My artist is on annual leave..

wink

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If Ry doesnt go that means there wont be a squillion fab pics of grass. frown

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ezz that would be -so- awesome! you're pencilled? penned? in wink.. was thinking of possibly making up a bunch of hoops for said workshop.. you won't be bringing a squillion i take it? hug willing to give you a hand.. but i don't know a whole lot of hoopyness shrug

pete and russ ubblol you two are so going to get on well

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
I'm planning on making some more hoops soon..if I can find the damn bits of metal I had cut to fit in them..
I have 4 here and will probably get at least another 4 or 5 out of the rest of my pipey stuff..but more hoops = more fun(and more bruises). biggrin just better make sure I can get mine there smile

hug me!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I use garden cutters to cut mine now. Long handled ones go through easy.

this sort of thing

Non-Https Image Link

Bunnings here doesnt damn stock the blue line anymore either. Spent today chasing other suppliers then found Bunnings will do a special order to get it.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
yeh one of the bunnings stores here didn't stock the blue line stuff either..no wait it did but only in huuuuuuge pre cut rolls and really expensive..then I realised I could get some for free so I went with that offer wink smile

hug me!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey Erin if you need help making hoops doing workshops then I'm willing.

I've been practising heaps! biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
thanks..probably won't need help making them..it'll only take a minute..and I'm being fussy about the length this time which probably means I'll crack it at some stage, so probably safer if you steer clear of the flying cutting objects ubblol (ok I'm not reeally that bad tempered..*cough* most of the time*un-cough*)

But you can definatly help me with the workshop(if I'm the one doing them ?!?! haha)

My mum said I should try teach her because if I can teach her I can teach anyone ubblol ..and thats probably true!

hug me!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
to get a hoop the same size as one from juggle art (1m diameter) you want it to be aproximately 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679
8214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196 m long wink

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
mmm.... pie... NE - ERD!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
soooooooo workshop ideas/volunteers then? id like to see some more out of the box style workshop/eventy things

id like to see a pouncing while spinning workshop as a get to know everyone kinda thing .... while i think a heckling workshop run in conjunction could be fun i dont think it would set quite the right tone for ppl who are new/dont know us so well *looks at brett and russel*

id also be keen to see a contact jamming/running round each other kind of workshop to establish i dialogue of sorts for an interactive jamming session to cheesy music while pouncing thingy to be held later, i have lots of music/soundtracks that would be good for it .... mmmm muppets

volunteers to run em/help run em *looks at kyle ed and brett*

other ideas?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol methinks there might be a few of us arriving on wednesday!! tongue i'm hoping to get to ademalaide wednesday afternoon/evening too! biggrin i still have to apply for time off yet - but my new team (well, the ones i met the other day anyway!) seem pretty kewl! i will test the waters on my first day tomorrow... ubbrollsmile

how many sleeps til cg now????

bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
*Steps around the talk of workshop sillyness and ben's and brett's respective puffed out chests and crazy antics* wink

About 55 Miss Gita.... Not that I'm counting or anything biggrin

hug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
hee hee, ben, why do you assume that i would ben one of the ones 'not quite setting the tone' as you put it?
ive never heckled anyone in my life biggrin

hee hee, poncing

Adya: wow.. i think hena can go moldy!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly I am not going to be able to get to Aus in time for this frown
My sisters 21st birthday is about a week after and it is more than my life is worth to miss that one.
Will more than likely get to meet most of you on my travels around Australia though biggrin bounce2

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
surely you mean poncing, ben? tongue

aww bugger steaks.. will hopefully see you on your travels smile

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

I just need to remind people that you *can't* come onto the site until Friday afternoon.

If you get to Adelaide early you will need to find a HOP house to hang out in until Friday. However this shouldn't be a problem....

I think Brett has a few spaces? We have got one left (we already have 2 ppl staying at ours from Wed.)

Any other Adelaide peps willing to lend a piece of floor/bed until Friday?

Anyone need a place to stay??

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
PM me if you need a home ubblol i think i will have a few of you... pete i belive will be here sometime before... i have been told that ED and kyle are here... so any more and it will be floor space.... but we have plenty of that and ill cook up some dahl and we will all live happily ever after...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yay! bounce

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
Someone can stay in my double bed cos ill be at Bretts eating dahl and doing the happily ever after thing! biggrin

SERIOUSLY: I have some room if people want to pitch tents and have a shower only 10 min from the grassy fields of CG. Not quite as attractive as Bretts offer but spinny nuts more than welcome if needed just PM me. I look strange but am quite friendly.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce i've already called dibs on a spot at brett's too! biggrin ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
woo.. i should so get a spot in at bretts.. ubblol

excellent.. dahl happiness! and then everyone shall be pulled into the honeycrackle marathon wink

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
oh-no a hord of hoppers making honeycrackles in my kitchen at odd hours... that really wont stay sane for too long hey...and sure lou... you can sleep in that cupboard under the stairs... or with pepper... hmm... doing the math of people staying to number of spare beds... i think someone may be on the floor allready... but everone else has actual beds... pete bring that bed of nails....

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
sane? confused

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
shrug

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Bagsies two spots at Bretts!!!!
Oh and whoever is organising the numbers for CG add myself and liesie to the list its deffinate we're going....WOOTNESS!

HONEYCRACKLES!!!!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
bagsies a spot at Brett's the week after CG if they are still around and avaliable then! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
oh hell... I bagsies a spot too... biggrin

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

Page: ......