Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thats so unreal that you have so much interest!!

please Josh or Kate if you have my felt hat send it back with Mike or Jed bounce2 bounce2 ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I have a ticket to spare since Kristie can't make it.

if I can't flog it off consider it a donation smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
i just booked my flight to and bus back, and then went to the 1st page to getto the common ground web site, and saw that the tickets are booked out!!!
*looks worried* confused

does that mean i cant go?

(kate im tring to email you but my computer is not working)

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Hey so I will officially be arriving from Melbourne on the 29th at 7:20 in the am. Eww. I'm from Perth but going to Melbourne first cos it's sort of on the way...ish. Is anyone doing a run from the airport to the site that morning? Cos I have yet to organise transportation, any assistance would be appreciated.

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2 bounce

Is there possibly a Map/ directions to th site anywhere please?
I remember seeing one somewhere, but cant remember where that somewhere was...

Cheers ubbrollsmile

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Umbiliciform, you are referring to the Common Groung 05 thread smile and you'll find directions here!
[Old link]

Might I ask the moderators to shift the info from 05 into 06's first post as well? smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yeah! That'd be it.. cheers Brenn hug2

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Anyone else got spare tickets because they thought they could go and couldn't?

If your swapping tickets thats cool, but I need to know to put it on my list biggrin

I have had a heap of emails saying ppl want to come, but I really have to say no now, we have limited numbers... and that means limted... sorry guys. Got to get in early next time....

And if you are considering turning up without a ticket and your are not on the 'special peoples' doorlist and your aiming to wangle your way in, we will have to ask you to leave. frown I don't want to do that either, but I will have too.

.... frown

Theres always next year...

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
sold out?! omg please read your pms katinca!!!

!!!!! omg !!!!!! eek eek eek eek

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
so katinca, do we need to print off our emails to present at the gate for our tickets? or how does that work? especially as i'm going to be there on the firday for set-up goodness! biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
BTW - everyone!!! The Jet Bus runs from the airport to paradise interchange which is only 10 minutes from the site. Please think of your drivers! you will be saving them about 1hour and 10 minutes driving time / fuel and parking costs by catching a direct bus - its not too hard smile

And if that isnt enough think of the happy environmental positive contribution you are making by using public transport instead of having someone drive repeatedly back and forth from the airport! smile

Josh

--

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Josh, any clue on how much the JetBus costs please?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
"JetBus - The direct JetBus service links Adelaide Airport and Adelaide CBD, with convenient stops in the city (not at individual hotels). JetBus services operate approximately every 15 minutes for most of the day, seven days a week, departs from upper level of terminal. One-way adult tickets cost A$3.50, maximum.

www.adelaidemetro.com.au "

hmm thats what I found...adelaidians..correct me if this is wrong

hug me!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm now flying up smile yaaay!

I'm taking a jetbus from adelaide airport to CBD then getting either 172&173 to the grounds smile I'm going to try and write a comprehensive guide to stick on the common ground forum as i'm aslo doing this for myself so that i know what to do the moment i touch down!

Oh, and come to yoga saturday morning before brekkie! biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I land at apx 10 am on friday mourning yay im booked in to .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ezz

"JetBus - The direct JetBus service links Adelaide Airport and Adelaide CBD, with convenient stops in the city (not at individual hotels). JetBus services operate approximately every 15 minutes for most of the day, seven days a week, departs from upper level of terminal. One-way adult tickets cost A$3.50, maximum.
www.adelaidemetro.com.au "

hmm thats what I found...adelaidians..correct me if this is wrong

reckon thats about right biggrin

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brenn

I'm now flying up smile yaaay!

I'm taking a jetbus from adelaide airport to CBD then getting either 172&173 to the grounds smile I'm going to try and write a comprehensive guide to stick on the common ground forum as i'm aslo doing this for myself so that i know what to do the moment i touch down!

dude, your better getting the jetbus to paradise then getting picked up (one bus) or getting the 178 to the bottom of the hill

note, there are no buses to the site

i have a document here already about how best to get here, please bare with me and i'll post it shortly

bender, kate says she has some tickets for you

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
OK, heres the real deal

OPTION 1: From the Airport

1) From the airport - Catch a Jetbus (C1, C2, J1, J2) to Paradise bus interchange. These go every 15 minutes. Jet bus will cost $3.50.

2) Then, from Paradise interchange get a 178 bus NEWTON SHOPPING CENTRE.

3) Arrange or call the site and kind person to pick you up. NOTE: There is NO MOBILE RECEPTION on the site, so you arrange this pick-up earlier than the day! Or ring our home phone number 8390 2109 in the hope there might be someone there…which there probably wont be.

Alternatively, if your feeling flush with $$$$$

3) Catch a taxi from Paradise to Institute Road just off Montacute Rd. Get out at the old building 300m down the road. Probably $25.

OPTION 2: From the city

1) On King William street - bus stops W1, Y1 or on North Terrace F2, G3, I2. Catch either the 178 or 179 (can have an F at the end too). They come twice every 30mins roughly on the hour and half hour weekdays before 7pm. After 7pm they come half past every hour until about 12am. On weekends it is every hour at 10 past the hour. After 6pm, then the bus leaves at half past the hour. Ask the bus driver the time you will arrive at NEWTON SHOPPING CENTRE.

2) Get off at bus stop 26 on Montacute Road (Big ugly shopping centre development) if you need a public telephone go into the centre or if you need some food there a supermarket there. You can ring a kind person or can catch a taxi from here, would probably cost you maybe $10-15.

--------------------------------------------------

I will try and get these online in a .pdf when i can get onto the website.

--------------------------------------------------

Finally: An important note message from your lovely organisers:

---> [Quote=katinca]I have had a heap of emails saying ppl want to come, but I really have to say no now, we have limited numbers... and that means limted... sorry guys. Got to get in early next time....

And if you are considering turning up without a ticket and your are not on the 'special peoples' doorlist and your aiming to wangle your way in, we will have to ask you to leave. I don't want to do that either, but I will have too.

sorry to labour the point but please respect this request: it is not our choice but it is because of restrictions beyond our control. numbers have to be stuck to. you have been warned.

thankseeeee
EDITED_BY: biggins (1159186027)

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
disorganised, feel ..like...a....goose
common ground too delicious
please don't eat me.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

arbitrary_number_2newbie
21 posts

Posted:
cant really remember.
was there a communal fridge last year in the hall.
Cos my yoghurt doesnt respond well to sunny 24 degree days.
Unlike me

WOOOO!!!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
id like to suggest a a thursdee afternoon or eve cuppa at bohos (circus themed pub) to get ppl in the circusy mood, any takers?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
yeh Ben!

Take me! ubbangel

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Ah yes I had meant to write 178 & 179. Thanks for clarifying! smile

By the way, is it stop 29 thats at the bottom of the hill?
EDITED_BY: Brenn (1159200015)

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce this time tomorrow i'll be in a plane on my way to ademalaide! wooh! biggrin

ooh ben - that sounds great! clap

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
well we wont be able to make it to boho - because we'll be up at the site doing preparations til late smile

but bohos is cool, hope everyone has a cool time! smile

Josh

--

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
bah you guys are so lucky. frown

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
Circus themed pub eek thats so cool...pity I'm arriving on friday and not thursday...damn..

hug me!

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Circus Midget

Hey so I will officially be arriving from Melbourne on the 29th at 7:20 in the am. Eww. I'm from Perth but going to Melbourne first cos it's sort of on the way...ish. Is anyone doing a run from the airport to the site that morning? Cos I have yet to organise transportation, any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi CM, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. So you're arriving in Adelaide on the morning of the 29th (friday?) is that right? Have yoou sorted anything out yet? If you can do the jetbus thing then we(i) can probably sort summink out. does that help. PM me and lemme know.

cheers
biggins

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oooh! I wanna come!!!!!

Must conspire against Fox's work and MiG's tafe to allow us to be in Adelaide that soon....

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
i shall help you conspire by going to message samantha to see if i can swap with her for morning shifts. on wednesday and thursday.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Page: ......