Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
Pete i think maybe sponge balls and card slight of hand? altho i still cant do what you showed me at spinning (mostly cos iv er... misplaced... my balls (giggles at herself), and havent practiced) ubbrollsmile

Miss Fox my thought is that it depends on the quilty of dancers, a friend of mind back in nelson had done it for years and was amazing, but if your level 1-2 i can see it being messy. there arent very many moves in tribal. once yourv musted the basices, you start learning ques. alot of the time when they are dancing together, the lead will give clues before going into a new move, so if the other people miss the que or what ever, or there is not a good sync in the troupe then it would look very messy. but thats just me! ubblol

Ry i think you should follow me on Ben's idea of getting the plauge for a few days biggrin
EDITED_BY: Fire Bunny (1155728120)

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hmmm i haven't really seen a troup do it, i just thought the moves themselves looked messy... or rather the postures... but that's just me probably...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
Katinca, Pyrolific, Ed, everyone..

Thanks so much for your help. Definately feeling more together now.. Bus's to the site should work just fine. Adelaidains... If I was to ask a busman how to get to the CG site... what do I say? Whats the suburb?

Would anyone be willing to pick me up from said nearest bus stop if I pay fuel doshimo? I think a trip to Anaconda's is in order... or how much stuff can i take on the plane again? Maybe I need to see if i could just borrow a tent and sleeping mat, Kat?

Also how do I get my poi and staffs on the plane... is this possible?

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
ah see its just differant tasts. i really like the posture of tribal, and think they carry themself in a very stronge sort of way. defferent stroke for defferent folks lol smile i looking forwards to booging with you biggrin

Awaken, if you are bring burnt poi/toys on the plan its best to give them a good wash beforehand. when i was coming over to oz for the first time for Uberoz, i gave them a good wash (a few times because i was a bit paronoide they would get taken off me)

get a bucket and put in some dishwashing liqued and soak them for a while. maybe even give them a bit of a scrub if they very dirty. spin em out n hang em in the sun to dry.

when traveling, try not to say anything about them, and just pretend they not there, because airline staff normally dont no much about it, and if they hear anything to do with fire toys they will want to "just be on the salf side".

i wraped mine in cloth and then put them in plastic zip lock bags, took my chains off and had them at the other side of my suitcase. (you would def have to check them in)

if anyone -does- ask you about them, i think Ben's golden words where "they have been chemicly (sorry i really cant spell but you no what i mean!) cem-ick-ly treated, to get rid of any remaining fule resadue (gah my spelling! frown sorry). or ask em to test it! if you held them in a flame there is no way they would light.

iv not traveled with staff before tho
EDITED_BY: Fire Bunny (1155779184)

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

C'mon guys! no more tears, you'll flood the thread!
*Hugs the ry and pat*

*sob, sniff*

k...

*wipes solitary tear from corner of eye*

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
[Old link] to the thread in social discussion which has a linky to my photobucket which contains some photos of some of the things i shall be selling at cg... n stuff... incase anyone's interested...

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
OooOOOoo, after seeing that rouge dragon is taking the train we might take the train over, it's only a little more than the plane but we'd get to see some lush countryside.

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Hey hey guys! ubbrollsmile

I'm getting ready to make name badges again this year for Common Ground!

So if you guys would like to think about what colour you'd like to have for your background, that'd be awesome!

Avatars are pretty much the right size and everything as they are, unless you want a different picture you can just send it on smile

here's a pic of a bunch of last year's name badges:

Non-Https Image Link

-they're proper plastic covered 2 inch pinback badges.. so excellent for sticking anywhere biggrin

commonground site will be up soon according to mr.josh so i'm sure any other details will be up there!

also planning on making Common Ground 2006 logo badges which will most likely be sold along with some of miss sarah's creations.. so it's all bouncy excitement at this end! bounce

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
And, i can probably do printing of photos onto bookmarks, proper printer paper and stuff suchness for mailing to people afterwards, hoping to be snapping like crazy so i should have some good stuff to be able to print out.

@ awaken: It's montacute. There's a shopping center about 5 minutes drive through some hills from the site. I can't for the life of me remember what the center's called, though. PM on the way, anyway

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I still have the video from the first cg's site walkaround, i'll upload it and put a link in here tonight at some point for y'all.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
I think I said somewhere I am coming but now I am *definitely* coming... I had thought of staying on here for the Bristol juggling convntion but relised it would scupper me coming to CG.. and it's time i played with my Aussie mates after all this Euro poncing
wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
you -do- remember that promise i made at UberOz right, gabe?

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
oo ooo i want to come. i have to ... i must!

arg!

*goes just a little crazy not knowning*

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*squee* bounce biggrin i've booked a flight!! bounce but just one so far...still to expensive to get back home... ubblol i'll wait a week or two & hopefully the prices will get betterer!! biggrin

so umm, yeah i'll be getting into ademalaide at 9.45am on wednesday 27th sept! biggrin can somebody pick me up pretty please??? ubblove *bats eyelids* biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Heehee and i made my Avatar just in time too! Lou if you could make me a badge?...that'd be most awesome!

Plane tickets for two - Check
Transport - Nope
Accomodation - Errrr maybe
Common Ground Tcikets - What tickets?

Heading interstate without a clue....priceless....
Arg i gotta stop thinking bout CG and do some work eventually... Oh yeh...

Brettstar (and anyone who wants to know): Liesie and i are flying outa Brissie Thursday 28th and getting in Addy at about 9:45am-ish
Then leaving on Monday 6pm-ish-ness
Just giving you a little advance warning

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hehe - that is a pretty kewl avatar baccory! clap

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
Yep yep I like it Brian!

Ok this is me....

Plane tix... definately on the way for the Thurs or Fri, leave monday

Transportation ... Mig... you're a darling hug or bus if it makes things easier.

Accomodation ... Marty... thanks soooo much! hug

Something to sleep on... yeah um... shrug he he he *updated* Thanks again Marty!!!! you ->angel

Lou, avatar on the way hug badge me up honey!

wow wow wow.... so excited... this is going to be the BEST. Thank you all for you're help.. Can't wait to catch up and play!!!

Oh any hints from people that have taken staffs on planes?
EDITED_BY: awaken (1155865958)

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
I know someone that went up to cairns recently. was made to take the wicks off the staff to fly. he smuggled the wicks on board, dunno if with his carry-on or luggage, but that obviously carries with it an element of risk...

so... this really isn't a hint @ all, is it?

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
theres a few threads on sneaking fire gear on planes
[Old link]
[Old link]
[Old link]

chemically treated to remove fuel residue for the win smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Alright. Have applied for leave because the boss has surprisingly pushed his own leave ahead. Applied for the Friday and the Monday.. should get Friday, but whether I go depends on whether I get the Monday too.. don't want to miss Sunday night's fire show..

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
yay...Will at least get to see scads of Ry and Gita pics!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
better come ry. we need you.

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Thanks for saying that Sarah hug Will try.. looking forward to checking out the FoxInDocs stall wink

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
"FoxyForSure" i decided to leave doc's out of my commercial endevors...

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooh, I will be back in aus for this.. will try to come this year smile I might still be jet lagged from Europe tho..

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
jetlag? just all a part of the fun! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
***GOES ALL RED IN THE FACE****

AHHHHH STOOOPID FAMILY!!! I SOOOOOOOOO WANNA COME, DAMN IT...

stomps all over the thread

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Careful chicken, you're getting mud all over the place...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
*sweeps up mud*

pesty chickens... i don't know...

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
might still be laged? who cares... i was last year... first weekend back after edinburgh... was awesome! doo it!

Page: ......