Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
aha! i can prove that it wasnt me!

the post says 10am ish on thursday morning. that was when we picked up brian and liesie tongue

*looks at ed*

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
ah ha!

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
*HUGS FOR EVERYONE grouphug

-I'm still suffering withdrawl

All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
*hugs the Hugging_Lion*

We're all in this together mate smile

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
You are not the only one....... I just wanna pack you all up in to a big travelling circus and live like that all the time...... So happy that it all went down like it did. What a perfect weekend......

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
hey for every one in my poi workshop... when i was teaching hybrid beats i said that i hadnt figured out if a continuous one was possible... it is i just learnt it... yay.... so shall teach you all next year... hmm... im planing on coming to melbourne this summer... maybe i shold hold a poi workshop... hmm...

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
i kinda got into that idea just then so started my own thread... here... [Old link]

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
hellohellohellohello!!!

first off, thank you all for making it a fandabbytastic weekend. i had a right laugh and although i only attended one workshop (so i could get my dreads fixed). It was great. So much so that i'll be back next year....from NZ....

also, at the request of flynt and a few other ppls i'm posting some links to some online mixes that i've put on the world wide t'interweb. some are chilled (the bottom link) and some are more upbeat (top link).

https://www.seph.net/viewdj.php?djuin=30

https://www.seph.net/viewdj.php?djuin=31

as far as record labels go. if you wanna delve deeper into the world of chilled beats and proggy psy trance you can do far worse than hunt down releases on the following record labels

chilled

Liquid Sound Design
Alepha Zero
Chillcode
Ultimae
Twisted
Interchill
TIP World

Upbeat

Iboga Records
Flow Records
Spintwist Records
Domo Records
Digital Structures
Plusquam

and if you get as far as buying this stuff

www.saikosounds.com

is a good bet. cheaper than the shops, mail order, good service and importantly 4 minute online samples. So you can see if you like it.

finally, as far as music next year goes, well basically i just commandeered the dex this year as no-one else seemed to be around and up for it. but i believe that others will be invited to bring stuff for next year. now i believe that the emphasis will be on "nice, outdoors, in the sun" music so world music/latin/drumming/dub etc etc.....
i may be speaking out of turn (josh can correct me on this) but i believe that this does not include metal/happy hardcore/gabba and other such depressing music types.

okies enufff from me.....was great to meet ppl and i'll hopefully catch you next year

cheers
Biggins

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Biggins you are a legend. Thanks matey. looking forward to having that pint with you xoxxoxxo hug

Currently on the right side up of the world.

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
likewise!!!

hehehe....like your signature now :P

fancy a nice cuppa tea??

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
only if it comes with a nice lie down! wink

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I forgot a nother highlight was shareing that rainbow hat with Rougie as well.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Ya truly Biggins, sounds ahoy! I was so looking forward to sharing more goodtimeworldchillybouncytoons, seeing I spent so much energy collecting them...

but my signature since CG is...

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

bigginsSILVER Member
165 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ]

.....must remember power cord.... must remember power cord.... [/quote

damn right, next year there will be no computer based tunage without computer-based cordage..thats the werd on the street.

but yeh, oooooba keen on variety of music, whilst we (me and josh and kate) love our psy-trance....we also accept that occasionally there may be room for a "bit" of variety.....well....now and again..........and .....well......only at things like common ground.....*drifts off into a day dream of seven days of sun, sangria and psy-trance in spain*

tongue
EDITED_BY: biggins (1160136971)

Wielding a Wooden Spoon

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
downloading your mix as we speak Biggins smile looking forward to hearing it dude! hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
wow... i thought i still had thosegloves... BRETT, I FOUND THEM!!!!

Adya: wow.. i think hena can go moldy!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i love hearing fREQ on any system. whomever played that sun arvo prog set (purrfect time for it) has my respeckt.

plus i heard the infamous smoked glass and chrome being played during no less than 4 sets! noice!

if u love ur prog, please come to VIC this weekend coming, Vibrasphere/Sun Control Species lushness outdoor party (Phonoscope) details on oztrance.com

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/phloem101/phono_web_fr.jpg

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/phloem101/phono_web_ba.jpg

wooo!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
if that juggling ball is a grey/silver contact ball, that's pretty dirty, it might be mine. but i gave that to bunny. i'm not entirely sure if she knows she's meant to keep it or not, but meh.

And if the sunglasses are bolle safety type ones, they're possibly mine that puk swapped mine for. I think they're a little scratched.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Biggins, your tunes are providing a good accompinament to some much procrastinated assignment work. Kudos to you dude! hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
Hello to all you crazy kids sounds like everyone had a right hoot which is good to see. I kept asking people if they were having fun and then I realised that it was about the most redundant thing I could possibly say. Thankyou to everyone who added their positive vibes and hard work. Big smiles and hugs for you all.

Hope to see you all again next year, Marty

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
hug
nice work at CG marty, was good to see you. You are a machine and seeing you do your thing out there was crazy. Hope you got to relax and thanks for the Jager around the fire.....
Sorry not to see you b4 i leave. Keep up the insanity bro, see you on the flip side......

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

El DuderinoBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Well top effort to all who helped put this on, and to everyone who contributed by just being there and sendin out all those positive vibes. Was impossible to feel bad at that place.

It is great to meet so many people with a similar perspective and be able to talk sh** about sh** and be on the same wavelength yeah.

I reckon I learned a fair bit, the workshops and trickswaps were real helpful. Great to see so many talented twirlers and jugglers dancers and all that jazz...

Apart from the Hippies, all good people wink

hmm I guess what I'm saying is damnit I already miss you guys and can't wait for next year.

yeah top effort putting this thing on!
EDITED_BY: El Duderino (1160221625)

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
er, also, i left a CD in the cd player in the hall, it was talakik by hakim... could someone pretty please rescue that and keep it till i next come down?

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
if the juggling ball is fairly small, white and made up of four sections then it is mine.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: BrettStar

Written by: BrettStar

i would now like to annouce that i am changing my gender to be a mango. its been a difficult decision, but i am fully supported by the bananas and pineapples.

ok..who posted as me?

mwahahahahahaaa!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ubblol did you see that petey also got the blame for that ed? ubbangel ubblol

so when is common ground next year!? biggrin will there be bees? tongue

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I ate all your bees!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
what did you do?.... and as if i wouldnt blame petey...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
*le sigh*

back at work now, complete with piled up paperwork, 15 millions emails, and a complete absence of huggy people.

i miss yoose all! hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
i feel for you Ed and you probably dont even know who i am!!! i hate offices!!!

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Page: ...