Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
wow people..... What a weekend!!! i feel lost not being out there with everyone now. DAMN reality.... Such an amazing time, so good to see so many of you, and meet even more! Such a whirlwind of things... My brain is so eager to test the things i saw and learned. Thanks pete, my mum loved the spoon in the nose thrick....hehe. Thankyou everyone for sharing in the common ground experience. Huge THANKS josh and kate, what an amazing team and it was so good to see them relax last night.... The show footage is awesome. I should stop or i'll cry, miss you all already.
*exits needing hugs*

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
*hugs SeKnoT and everyone else at CG*

Is there footage of the show that I could get hold of? I would LOVE to see it!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

TumbleHatBRONZE Member
journeyman
50 posts

Posted:
wicked fun was had!
oh yeah baby oh yeah!!!
eat me fin!!!!

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

S3KnoTBRONZE Member
NomadicRhythmSimulator
204 posts

Posted:
there will be..... footage that is

Petey: "i just finished a rubiks cube, from completely shuffled to not, in 1 minute 57 seconds "

Experiencing people is the best experience of all.

Govenor of Flynt's Ass...

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Awesomes! Keep us in the loop with that when it becomes available smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
of COURSE I'm on HoP before my shower....
gorra send a hug to the Common Ground crew~

And same same same to you all.. that was a great weekend and I look forward to meetying lots of you up this way over the next few months~

Gabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
First festival in Aussie was amazing smile

Great to meet up with so many lovely people smile

Great site, two big thumbs up. ubbrollsmile

Big thanks of course to Josh and Kate, but also to Kyle and Gabe for making the show wonderful. The safety and smooth running of the show made it very enjoyable biggrin

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

anti_finBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
looking forward to the dvd

ive got about 60 minutes of footage to pass on. To whoever is compiling.

Im having massive withdrawals. Ive been on HOP all day. But learning anti-spin from meg is impossible, i miss trickswaps.

forever twirling, twirling towards victory

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
There's going to be a DVD? biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I see me in that photo! biggrin

And our favourite Safety Elf smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
I don't know what to say! Such an incredible experience AGAIN! So many awesome people I don't know where to start!

I'm suffering hug withdrawl. I spent the day floating around Uni still on a high from the weekend, looking for the nearest person to hug smile

HUGE thanks to Josh and Kate! Thanks everyone who helped also, I would list you all but I don't want to miss someone.

Why did you all have to go ubbcrying
I can't wait till next year.
hug I love you all.

All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
my goodness, dave, the photo with the snakes and the cg logo is amazing! that should totally go on the cover of the dvd!

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FoxInDocs

my goodness, dave, the photo with the snakes and the cg logo is amazing! that should totally go on the cover of the dvd!

I concur! NICE ONE

All matter is energy condensed to a slow vibration. Life is but a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hug nice one with the hugging workshop luke, such a good time in such a small space hug hug

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Yeh people with footage i think the dealio is send it on to Josh...
My footage might be take a little while to get there... i don't know how to work this camera....I'll figure it out soon ish but i've got an assignement to write.
Had a great time people and can't wait for the next one!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
indeed what a great photo that is! And don't forget everyone to send good copies of photos and vids to Josh... I think some clever elves will be making superstar mixes of it all soon wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

Just wanted to say I had a great time! Best weekend EVER! I've been lurking on the hop forum for a while, but none of you knew me before CG. Even though i was a stranger you guys all made me feel welcome and loved. I'm so glad I came along and met you guys.

You're all beautiful.

Lotsa love and hugs,

Mike. (From Perth, aka the guy with Henna.)

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yeah hi everyone, can I just emphasise that we (kate and I) really really really need footage of the whole event to prove it happened. We didnt end up with any from last year and it kind made it difficult to show what happened.

So yeah please send me footage (PM me for address details), and I'll pass it on to Matt cuz hes intent on creating a 10 minute or so highlights vid that we'll whack up online.

Thanks!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
Thank you everyone for a wonderful weekend smile too many highlights to list and now I have many now things to practice, yay.

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all the hugs pete! Expecially for introducing Kitten hugs to us Adelaideians. hug

How good was the group hug smile grouphug

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
I liked the group hug & hugging workshop you put on Luke smile

I also loved the group hug i got from my first ever yoga session smile Felt very loved! biggrin

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I liked trying to absorb people into our giant hug,which was rapidly getting "inapporpriate" biggrin

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Check out some photos here

https://scatteredmembrane.spaces.live.com/

If you want any photos in full res just let me know.

Hugging_LionMeep
166 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

I liked trying to absorb people into our giant hug,which was rapidly getting "inapporpriate" biggrin

Brett + Natalie + Russle = inappropriate.... Yet really really fun :P ubbloco

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Just walked in the door, tired now, and missing everyone sooooo much.

what a beautiful weekend with amazing people, that has filled my heart to overflowing...

Thanks for the hugs snugs and wonderful smiles people, you're all in my heart. oxxox

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
OK people
This is now 2 Commons ive missed and I absolutely REFUSE to make it a hat-trick, so.....
Whenand where's the next one - I shall book myself and my plain ticket IN!!!
Respekt out to all of you
Renegade is on its way

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
awesome awesome weekend.

Just got back to melbs, now off to nz,

Huge thanks to josh, kate and mardy (sp?) and everyone else who made this weekend such a great success.

Josh: I captured that whole tae to your puter and when i checked it it hadn't saved it, very weird. SO i set it running again with max file size set to 2 Gb, so it should have cut up the whole hour into 10 min sections. There's still another bit of footage. I'll get all footage to you asap and have a fiddle with it.

Just to clarify: Everyone send all pictures and videos to josh so he can archive them on the site. I can get going on a 10 minute promo now with the footage i have and drop in kyles footage when i get it (and anyone elses).

SO get all your photos and send them to josh, go on, you know you want to. Do it now otherwise you'll forget, go on smile

Big Love,

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

ArnwynSILVER Member
old hand
1,065 posts

Posted:
WOW!!!
I have to say that was the greatest weekend I have had away in ages.
Thank you so much to Josh and Kate for making this happen. To everyone who got behind this, congratulations, you made the event fantastic!
I would name names, but I really dont want to leave anyone out, but you know who you are and you know your help and hard work is appreciated.
Josh my piccies will be in you hot little hand on the weekend... all 600+ of them. biggrin (my Mum assures me that I have a problem and should be seeking help about it, 600+ in 3 days she thinks is madness, I'm not so sure!)

To everyone new I met, and the ones I already knew... you are all gorgeous! grouphug

L&L
The Fairy God Mother
~*~

" i just now need some other unsuspecting suckers to say something... " ~Rouge Dragon

"that wink was a nice one not a im going to thrust at you wink" ~Brettstar

puzzledustGOLD Member
35 posts

Posted:
Hi... my name is Josie... and I'm a hugaholic. The first step is admitting you have a problem. hug hug hug Talk about withdrawals. I miss you all! Had the best weekend and am super inspired for spinny, dancey, juggley goodness. Thanks so much to everyone for such a great time full of good vibey twirliness ubblove
I'm sitting at work in front of a computer and people keep asking me damn worky questions but all I hear is "poi, poi, poi, poi, common ground, poi". Its great. I actually said to my boss "Sorry, I'm still fire twirling in my head at the moment, ask me later". He he he. Work is stoopid.
x Jose

Puzzle Dust Circus<br />

Page: ......