Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
yeah but who wold do it? get him to hold a act look and talk like ben workshop... that would be sweet.... uhm... im going to be taking some poi workshops me thinks... so i have uploaded a video of my poi... note:not definative of my spinning as its just an adhock hey ill post a a vid walked into backyard and did it kinda thing... but yeah it be in my gallery smile grouphug

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
actually maybe i could do the act look and talk like ben workshop.... devil biggrin rolleyes

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i heard that this was good last year.

looking forward to it.

thanks for creating the twirling highlight of the year for this region of australia, josh n co.

much respeckt brother!

would love to play a world-ambient set for lushly afternoon twirling inspiration!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Righto Bender,

Your on for that set.

*Penned in* - What about that Homeless hobo workshop too wink

We are getting things organised. Should be similar to last years fun-o-rama.

Ticketing and the Schedule are a work in progress.. smile

Remember there are plenty of opportunites to have your own workshop, so if you have any requests or special talents you would like to share with the rest of the Common Ground Folk, please let Myself or Josh know and we will see what we can do.

Thanks.

Out

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
the spin doctors thing at uber was good.... basically... the teachers sit there and if any one has any questions for stuff on any tool it gets answered smile uhm... i shall do some poi shops... one working from butterfly to isolated 6bt split time thread the needles smile throw in some nder the leg stuff too... and id say flowers but i think there mainly a practice thing... smile grouphug

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
biggrin
MMM Common Ground...
I'll be there with me pet grin. I'll run a couple workshops too.

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
was hoping you wold say that bounce good timing to it was only today that i got around to gloving a staff ubblol

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
oooo, hey brett, can i be an assistant for the Talk and Act like Ben workshop? biggrin

Adya: wow.. i think hena can go moldy!

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
if you do a talk and act like me workshop be sure to have natalli, lou, brett subsitute and russel subsitute to randomly run up and lick your nipples mid workshop otherwise you will only be giving workshopees half the experience.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
I really should come to this shouldn't i?

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
;lol: lick your face... hmm... and yes coming is somthing that you should/must do... common ground last year was my first weekend back from living in edinburgh... was the best welcome home ever! i was definatly worth the 30hrs i spent on the plane... also i belive i will be selling tigerbalm this year... wink

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
oooo tiger balm biggrin yummies yummies

hee hee, yes i do believe thats something that must be included ben biggrin

*licks bens nipple*

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
so, sideshow workshop anyone?

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
yah i'm so in with selling the tigerbalm ubblol

hnnt.. *licks ben*

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
*licks kittens cheek*

smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Lou, I think the Tigerbalm fairies need to strike at CG!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
*hugs peetle!*

hehe possibly.. possibly.. dan would be proud..

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
hmm... yep ok lou and i will sell tiger balm wink...ubblol what wold be in a sideshow workshop pete? hug

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
umm, introductory to intermediate blochead. introductory brain flossing. maybe a walk of broken glass.

ill keep thinking for new ideas (ive probably missed a few at this time of the morning) and any requests i should be able to add in smile

hug kiss

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Can I request a hula hooping workshop?

biggrin

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Ryo_Kenenthusiast
483 posts

Posted:
hee hee ooooo i so must attend that workshop petey, you intriugue me biggrin

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
ooOooo hoops! ubblove

hug me!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
careful erin, you might be roped in the teach!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
psh..not a chance in hell...not a clue how to teach hooping..and if it involves ME and SPEAKING in front of PEOPLE then my answer will always be NO. Though I will have enough hoops if someone does decide to run one. ooh speaking of hoops I did 18 at once today it was fun and reeally really heavy.

hug me!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that's rubbish erin, you're inventive and well practiced.
very un-hobo-like!
b

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Pete your on - love the idea of a sideshow workshop. biggrin

Keep thinking of ideas. Sounds great.

Workshops will be approximately (max) 1.5 hours... (this is open to negotiation however).

Still discussing details... those of you in Adelaide we will have a meeting next week after people have recovered from the Unseelie party at Moota. So if you are keen to help out, stay tuned for details...

Hula hoop - would be good? Any people who are willing to teach? *nudges Ezz*

biggrin

OK till next time, keep the ideas coming biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

jungleboymember
40 posts

Posted:
I have a half hour hill rolling workshop lined up. I would go the full 1.5 hours but I think for most folks one run is probably enough. Pete perhaps we could run a combined hill rolling/glass rolling workshop? bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce2

Oh.... im well excited too!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
hooping would be coooool... i'd like to learn hooping...

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
mm ezz.. you're so doing a hoop workshop wink and steph.. we can teach the 'nyah!' move.. although i haven't actually learnt it yet.. that would involve having to make a hoop..

hill rolling! lol nice one marty-eo.. will blankets be supplied? wink

i may be a henna fairy also because miss gnor's not sure if she'll be able to make it this year.. and she's sent me back with henna intrigue.. ubblove

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Haha yes! The 'nyah!' move!

*goes outside to practice*

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Page: ...