Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
I sooooooooo want to come... but have to figure out the logistics.. Are any Brisbanites in the same boat? I mean, upon arrival how on earth do you get to the grounds? Does anyone want to look at hiring a car together?... omg packing and planing with tents etc.. I'm so disorganised.. Liesie and Brian, let me know if you're going...will catch ya's next Juggle

Now where's my booby glitter? Dentrassi... make sure you bring extra just in case i forget mine

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
ahh 3 franti's in 6 months is fair enough, really ubblol

will check around for some tents gita.. smile

woo! flynty! biggrin ubbrollsmile thats excellent!

bonnie.. hope you have honeycrackles for the roadtrip wink

boobie glitter? are you in charge, Ed? ubblol

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I'm looking at driving too but cause my car is kinda smallish I'd only be able to fit 2 others comfortably. 3 would be pushing it depending on how much luggage we all have.

The plan is to leave on the 27th and stay one day after instead of having to rush off like last time.

In need of one more person, any Melbournites interested?

smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey happy campers with no house, can you please make a list of what you need so we can start scrounging around for avaliable tents and stuff:

Do you need:

*tent
*sleeping mat
*sleeping bag
*cuddly teddy bear
*random items to decorate your tent with
*boobly glitter
*Anything else that springs to mind??

Make a list of what you NEED and what you would really really like if possible and we will see what we can do.

OUt.
k8

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
 Written by: awaken

I sooooooooo want to come... but have to figure out the logistics.. Are any Brisbanites in the same boat? I mean, upon arrival how on earth do you get to the grounds? Does anyone want to look at hiring a car together?... omg packing and planing with tents etc.. I'm so disorganised.. Liesie and Brian, let me know if you're going...will catch ya's next Juggle
Now where's my booby glitter? Dentrassi... make sure you bring extra just in case i forget mine

we are all flying in...tis a bit far to drive (unless 2400km is normal for you....)

once you get to the airport - you can probably get public transport most of the way there - or some nice adelaidian may help - talk to ry/me/anyone else who has gone before smile no need to panic
hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
ooOOO this looks like fun.

Me and Bex are in melbourne, bex needs to sort her roster out but we might very well be up for this.

If so, how are melbournites getting there? Found some cheap flights on the thursday 28th till tuesday morning.

If so i'll be up for doing some workshops, maybe some vjing if there's a projector floating about. Could probably bring a bunch of dvd's with me (everyone in it gets a free one smile )

Feels like spring has sprung. Which is nice since winter never got going.

Much love,

matt

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
eep me too i wants to come! i hope my new job lets me have time off for it. i soooo want to come. i may just have to quit if i cant! (well maybe not but well see)

*bounces around in excitment!* boing biggrin biggrin

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Matt!

We would love you guys come and do all those things you listed. Very very very very much so.

biggrin

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
i concur!

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Sweet as, looks like we'll be there, gotta extend my visa i think, and not sure about bex's work.

Will there be a projector? I can bring my laptop and mix up some dvd footage etc, got oodles of footage to muck about with.

We have a big tent, but not much other camping stuff, no sleeping bags, any thoughts?

Must sleep,

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
 Written by: awaken

EVERYONE knows about the boobie glitter now?!? biggrin biggrin biggrin

yeah we rock!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
you no if you did to a sideshow work shop learning some magic tricks would be cool...

and a whip workshop! maybe...? or just whip play.

just a random thought... are there going to be any bellydancing hoppers there? i wants to have a boogie smile

weavesmiley biggrin

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
projector is 99% sure

whip workshop is certainly on the cards - I'm sure Mig will be able to help out with that one.

Belly Dancing? of course! there will even be a workshop for it. smile

um it can get cold at the site - I strongly suggest you pick up some bedding of some kind! KAte and I just bring our Doona down - it works well perhps you could get on the plane wrapped in it, and just say its your comfort blanket? smile

get a cheap sports bag or something!

For those worried about transportation from the airport. There are two really easy options; catch one bus direct from the airport to Paradise bus station and get picked up from there (about 10minutes from the site) or catch two busses (one into town and a different one out) and get picked up 5 minutes from teh site.

Walking to the site from the closest point available by public transport takes about 1 hour - so you can see its not really that isolated.

smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
how long are people willing to play hosts for? im totally willing to couch-hop, in fact i'm happy to so i can play with as many people as possible!
basically, im trying to decide if i leave on the friday after or the monday after that. it also depends on work, cos im going to be taking a lot of time off as it is, but though i should check couch-avaliability before smile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
can i please borrow a tent please?? ubblove i think that's all i need!! biggrin oh maybe some random decorationy things & a teddy bear... ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
Bunny! Totally up for a boogie! i'm not very good, but i'll do... lou's learning too. and of course i have a tonne of spare scarves for anyone randomly wanting to join in.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm totally up for belly dancing, as long as the word "hips" is delegated to Manda to say wink

hug

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
Hips hips hips... i think i can manage that. maybe we could make a rule that i have to say it everytime someone else says it. you no, just to get the point across ubblol

is there really going to be a work shop on bellydancing?!?!?! thats so freaking awsum! woot

i didnt no you were a belly dancer as well Miss Fox smile i will bring along my coin belts (i have one thats really pretty, one thats brilliant for shimming, and one that just looks cool but doesnt make much noise) but i didnt bring my hip scarfs over and havent found somewhere to buy nice plan ones yet so i might have to borrow one of yours smile

*bounces around* am sooooooo excited! *stops bouncing and starts shimmying* biggrin

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
well rouge.. from what i hear russell might be stealing you?.. but you might have to ask him about that..

gita.. i'll cover you in Lou dust ubblove ubblol

redface i've only been learning for a month this week miss scarah! ubblol so you guys are way better than me tongue

ooh sarah i still have your hip scarf btw.. i'm all jingly biggrin

Written by: Fire Bunny

Hips hips hips... i think i can manage that. maybe we could make a rule that i have to say it everytime someone else says it.

ubblol i think that's a pretty good blackmail section just there, miss..

just as long as i get to give you tigerbalm and you run around offering people some for their 'nepples' wink hehe.. i really do luv ya mandy biggrin hug

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
:hnn: jingly is good! you can borrow that one as long as you like, i don't wear it much cuz it doesn't fit me properly.

Bunny: There'll probably be a couple of people that do tribal bellydance there too.

Josh: Really? a bellydance workshop? who's doing that one?

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
do i get to keep whats left of the tigerbalm at the end of common ground? i will do my best! altho i dont quite have Dans charm. he really can get almost anyone to do it. but i will try my best! il be like a Dan in training ubblol

yay Lou dancing as well! and rougie! we will have lots of fun and sillynes biggrin

Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
woot tribal!

iv only been showen a few tribal moves, but im really wanting to start it next term. depents on what i can afford.
i love tribal tho. i think it looks so powerful. it looks amzing when there is a troupe doing it.

ubblove

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeh bunny, i rekon i could throw in some magic into the sideshow stuff, any requests?

a spot in a tent would also be highly appreciated, if not, im thinkin i shall sleep under a few artistically aranged tarps tongue

cheers, pete hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

I actually really don't like tribal, i did a couple of classes... but i thought it looked messy.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: The Overlander

Outward Route: Spencer Street MELB - Keswick Terminal ADL
Departing: Sat 23 Sep 2006, 07:35
Arriving: Sat 23 Sept 2006, 18:10

Oh Yeah!
bounce bounce2

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
*weeps meekly*

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*gives Ry a shoulder to weep on*

Don't worry, i'll do my best to be a photomographer this year.

Not sure if i'll have one as shiny as yours was, though. Well, i won't get one that shiny, but you know what i mean.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Belly dancing will be amazing! who knows? I may even do more than ONE workshop this year!!! ubblol

Booked my flights today. I'm Excited!!!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
*joins ry in pitiful sobbing*

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
C'mon guys! no more tears, you'll flood the thread!
*Hugs the ry and pat*

Page: ......