Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '06 - SOLD OUT!! WHEEE!!! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone,

****TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT****

Unless you have already talked to us, you will not be able to purchase tickets, anymore. If you missed out, hopefully we'll seeya next year smile

****NewsFLASH 27/08/06****

Site goes online tonight www.common-ground.net

Workshop timetable is up - if you think you can help with any of the workshops (or even if you think you can run one!!) please let me know, I'd like to organise at least one person to run each, and a couple of supporters for the big ones.

****NewsFLASH 25/8/06****

Roll UP! Roll UP! Roll UP!

GET YOUR COMMON GROUND TICKETS ONLINE NOW!!

100 Online Tickets @ $20

Please email: common-ground2006@hotmail.com

for account details.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Common Ground.

K8 - and the Common Ground Team.

-----------------------------------

If you want to see how much Fun was had at Common Ground (or you just like to be reminded) check out this;

Common Ground 05

Everything else is unconfirmed as such - so if you can think of anything that might be relevant to a big group of spinners living together for 4 days let me know by PM.

The local CFS and Progress Association will be providing affordable meals for brekkie and dinner on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning. The've been told that there will be many vegos - so each meal should be vego friendly, or have vego options.

****update**** The meals will be;

Breakfast on Saturday Sunday and Monday

;

Bacon + Egg between two pieces of toast or Egg + Tomato between two pieces of toast $4

and / or

Thick Pancakes for $1 each with Jam or Lemon and Sugar topping

and / or

Cereal for $2 a bowl (cornflakes or wheatbix)

Tea or Coffee for $1 / mug

Dinner on Friday night

will be a big pot of Pumpkin soup for a gold coin donation per mug full, with a few bread rolls n stuff

Dinner on Saturday night

Tacos with your choice of beef based or bean based filling and salad $2 each

and/or

a big Baked Potato with either of the above fillings and / or coleslaw n cheese $4 each

Dinner on Sunday night

Vege Burger or Minute-Steak Burger with salad $3

Beef snag in a piece of bread for $1

So yeah the CFS and Progress association are getting right behind it all, and I think the food and prices they are charging are quite reasonable smile

Please note - no lunch will be provided - you will need to sort this out yourself. There is a supermarket 5 minutes drive from the site tho - so it will be easy as.

We will be opening the site about lunch time on Friday the 29th of September and will be expecting to close the site for cleaning on Monday Afternoon (ie, everyone should be out by then smile). Between those times we will be expecting a lot of magic, learning and laughing with a huge group of friendly spinny / juggly types.

We will be following a similar structure to that we used last year - ie workshops, chill parties, fire spectacular show to which the local community will be invited (who LOVED the show last year btw), Drums n Bonfire - with the addition of a festival day with all day outdoor music, chilled out workshops and more.

checkout the timetable for the workshops;

www.common-ground.net/timetable.html

This year we will have improved toilet facilities (ie more of them smile) and improved camping.

The site is limited to about 150 ppl so pre-booking by bank transfer is the best way to confirm your space. we've had a steady series of ticket requests coming in, so if you want to come, dont dilly dally! Get your ticket now!

hug

Seeya,

Josh

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1158936481)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Hahaha Oopies....Hi Biggin...Its Brian from Brisbane

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
 Written by: biggins

dunno these honey crackle things........bet they arent as good as a slab of warm gooey choclate cake with cream on...

eek what a thing to say! Miss Adya's honey crackles are the bestest!

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Adya Miriyana

ubblol along the lines of 'icecream' you mean? wink not that has been created.. yet..

has a new one just been created with that comment?
ubbangel

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh, and i thought I should inform people that i will most likely be bringing a tent.

Don't all put your hands up at once now wink

I'll bring it and see what happens on the weekend, most likely.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ezz

oo you can if you like smile..I don't know how many people will even do my hoopy workshop, but the more hoopiness the more fun I can have at least ubblol
I'm planning on making more and I can bring them so yeh um..hmm yeh make some if you like biggrin hug
*yoinks a future honeycrackle*

What I sorted at the workshop we did was take orders for hoops and money. About $7 each it worked out to, and went down to local Bunnings and bought the makings for making the hoops. If you do that, get branch pruning secateur thingies to cut the tubing ..ssooooo easy. That way you are not bring a zillion hoops!
Maybe ask Lou what is local maybe..or Josh and Kate.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
If there's anyone who is driving up from Melbourne who has a spare spot in their car i'd be happy to tentatively fill in. I'm writing this as there's a slight chance that my initial road trip plans may fall apart. I have a manual license and am happy to share driving & pitch in for petrol AND i think i have a two-sleeper tent somewhere in my bodice! err, house biggrin

Reply here or PM me if you're interested smile
EDITED_BY: Brenn (1157868333)

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys,

I have already sold 50 tickets to this years event. This includes lots of people from interstate and a few people from OS! So already a THIRD of the total tickets to the event have been sold.

So...if your thinking about going - commit and buy a ticket.
THERE WILL BE NO TICKET SALES ON THE DOOR!!

Email me on common-ground2006@hotmail.com for ticket details.

OR if your lucky enough to live in ye'ol'adelaide you can see me walking around under the bridge with pen, paper and a lot of colourful bit of string on Friday night - ask me for a ticket and I can sell you one in cash. I will be selling this week and next week. After that - you MISS out!

This week I will be under the Bridge late as I have some other commitments, but I should be there by 10pm.

Still not convinced it's going to be groovy??
Check out www.common-ground.net for more details about the workshop timetable and event listing...

Hope to be swamped with keen people on Friday.
Cheers,
Kate and the Common Ground team.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
How come no tickets at the door? Too much riff raff?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

riff raff?

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

693 posts

Posted:
Yes riff-raff like that.

This is one of the reasons... however the main reasons are as follows:

1) The CFS would like to know approximate numbers for catering purposes before the date.

2) I collected heaps of money on the door last year and it was a bit uncomfortable having that much money floating around on site.

3) We can do a better budget if I know how much money we are starting with - which means more decorations - or less if we don't have the numbers

4) And most IMPORTANLY in this time of mobile phones and the notion of 'oh maybe if I feel like it on the day' I would like some commitment from people prior to waking up on the day and thinking oh yeah I might as well go. If you are thinking of going, buy a ticket. Sort it out. If the tickets were $100 then fair enough. But they are not - they are cheap as biggrin

... okies

Looking forward to seeing all of you's wink there!
Joy!

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
Fair enough. I was thinking have maybe half a dozen or so, for people that forgot to book, and what-not. Or if someone only hears about it in the last day or two beforehand.

I dunno, i might just be a contingency planner.

In which case, the plan is to ignore me.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
totally do make the best honeycrackles.. ubblol well.. thats based on how quickly they disappear!! wink

mm not sure what is local to CG in form of bunnings.. up to miss hoopy loopy ezz.. tongue

in other news.. do bee doo.. (do bee!) wink
I'll be making name badges for CG again this year - which means i need to trouble you to let me know what you want on them.

Please send me these details:

Hop Name:
Background colour preference:

here's a pic of a bunch of last year's name badges

Avatars are pretty much the right size and everything as they are, unless you'd like to send a better quality, though they do have to be relatively small. Also, those with either animated avatars or no avatar, let me know what you'd like. smile

also planning on having a bunch of other badges (please do drop past [Old link] if you have any good ideas you'd like to see printed smile) which will most likely be sold along with some of miss sarah's creations ubbrollsmile

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
yeah... as will ben's staffs (staves?).... *sigh* you guy's better keep me company, ima not sit there the whole time by myself selling your stuff........

693 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeee

Getting Closer......

ubbrollsmile

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
heheee bounce I'm going to go write a list...if my hand lets me write they've decided to randomly shake and it'ss making it hard to type this.eergh...weeeird

hug me!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ok everyone, you may or may not be aware of the website

www.common-ground.net

- it has a timetable of workshops and a bit about the philosophy that Kate and I are using in our approach to the event. It also has menus for the meals, and other bits n pieces on it.

I hope that you will read it smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
tongue s'also got more pics of my stuff.

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Bwhahah...as it turns out i've got an assignment due the day i get back to Bris (due 3pm...i get in Bris 8-9pm) and one the day after! Wheeeee for all nighters after commonground!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce

biggrin

Only 15 more sleeps?! umm shrug

Good stuff on the website Josh hug2
I particularly like the bit that says "Bacon + fried Egg between" on the catering menu wink

bounce2

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
wheee not long now! hey i got a whole pile of tubes for didges! so if you want totally put me down for a beginner's workshop ubbrollsmile

cg soon cg soon.. think we need a dance for that... bounce

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*ears prick up*

Dance?!

Oh I can totally do! biggrin

*starts to think what the "cg soon" dance should look like*

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
is this similar to the "waiting for toast to cook" dance? ubblol

whee! only 6 sleeps til i arrive bounce

hug kiss

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
russell has a version of the toast thing. though.. it's not really a dance hmm.. ubblol

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
is the "waiting for the toast to cook" dance like the "lets go to the canteen" dance that we had in highschool?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
We shall have to compare next week! tongue

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
awwwww... Ry and I wont be coming anymore. frown

The flights have gone up ($400pp) and along with other weekend expenses and having to come back early for work... its just going to cost too much for such a short time. ubbcrying

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
yes...those flight prices are getting more evil aren't they pip! eek that's a bugger... hug

i finally booked my flight home! bounce i already booked my flight to adelaide (i get in 9.45am on wed 27 sept) but i hadn't gotten around to getting a flight home... rolleyes until yesterday! biggrin i'll be leaving ademalaide on monday afternoon at 5.15pm! biggrin so um...yeah, can someone pretty please with honey crackles on top drive me to the airport??? ubblove

ooh! there's a cg website!! clap nice work!!! hug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
Ry and Pip not coming?!?! Noooooooo
Ur going to make Liesie sad...i'm already sad...

Gita: Liesie and i are on the 6:10 outa Addy so if theres space we might try and hitch a ride with you hitching a ride wth someone else? YAY?

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Hmm...i think my roadtrip plans have fallen through. May have to take the train up there and possibly back, which means i probably can't do my yoga workshop on monday as the train leaves at 7am Sigh frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Ry and I wont be coming anymore." ubbcrying

Page: ......