Forums > Social Chat > Finally some good news!

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
So since being back from the UK I have been doing many things....catching up with friends and family, going to a plethora of doctors, having multitude of tests (including blood tests, bone density tests blah blah blah etc etc etc).

I have also been out looking for a job. I was trying to find one in the mines as there is good money going out there....but I thought with my lack of minesite experience I wouldn't have much chance.

Well yesterday I got my dream job.....really good salary plus superannuation....I will be flying in to the mine site for two weeks and out for one. I will be not paying for bills, food or accommodation while I am on the site, I will have to pay room and board for the one week I am back in the city.

This will mean I will be raking in the money, which means I will be going back to the UK and doing some extensive travelling next year!

This is brilliant....I am over the moon!

At last some good news in amongst the crap!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Yay!! Congrats Medusa! hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Sweeeeeeet! bounce

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
congrats mate hope it all goes well. and how come the mines pay well in your area in wales where mines were huge are mostly shut now and the people who do work in the mines are on ok not amazing cash. but hay good for you .

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
It is because the mines are in remote sites they have to pay them well to get people to go up there to do the work in them.

Thanks guys!

smile

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
also i *think* you're talking coal mines, which dont exactly make billions. In Aust there are iron ore, nickel, gold, uranium and every other material you can think of mines, and the make a HELL of a lot of money at the moment! for example for the five stadiums being built for the 2008 Chinese Olympics almost 50% of the steel used during construction is made from australian iron ore. the profits are there, the jobs are in VERY remote areas(note Medusa is FLYING to work), and some of the work is dangerous enough to warrant harzard pay.

Congrats Medusa, enjoy raking it in!

(i've just scored two jobs in the last 4 days myself) biggrin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Cool, well done! Hopefully meet you on your next travels hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half