duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
'Bloom is a new festival of 'cultured beats and electronica' taking place in the beautiful surroundings Larmer Tree Gardens near Salisbury.

Spread over 4 arenas, Bloom hosts a unique blend of up-and-coming and established groups, artists, DJs and labels. Sounds will include cutting edge music from a plethora of genres encompassing electro, house, breaks, hip hop, jazz, funk, ska, bluegrass and drum&bass. Visuals will also play a major role at Bloom and there will be an exciting number of AV and VJ acts on the line up. Limited to only 3000 tickets Bloom remains an exclusive event just for you.'

Burnt Toast will be perfroming a fire show on the saturday night and providing glow spinners, jugglersand CJ throughout the weekend. Check out the pics below cos it really does look lush! biggrin
ubblove

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bloomfestival/

Burnt Toast: www.burnttoast.co.uk

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Ooh, i may be working the gate at this, so may well see you kids there! peace bounce

Will be nice to have someone i know there!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
likewise.... biggrin bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Um, I may not be able to make this after all...

I'm getting paid work in Europe over the summer, performing in Germany, austria and Italy with Jea9... and we have a deal teaching kids in germany from august 6th to 13th...

If my not speaking German is a problem, then I'll come back for Bloom, otherwise, I really should stay where the money lies...

Sorry dude. I'll have a scout around and see if I can find a contact juggler who'll perform with you in my stead, if you like? (I highly recommend a coleman wink )

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
cole? contact juggling? interseted? umm

thanks for the heads up man. i'm not sure kat's gonna make this either so i think we've got a bit of a re-shuffle on the cards whatever happens....

meditate

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Im there biggrin

This will rock - lots ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
this sounds excellent, i might try and get stewarding work i think./.;.. smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*might* be able to get you a ticket oli, just gotta work out how many we got/need first...

we had a practice at keith's do-jo place last night before watching the lightning storm and then having one of the best stoned fighting sessions ever using all the equiptment... qwality! biggrin

bounce

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
that sounds wicked biggrin, although i sent of my application for being a steward yesterday, so let me know soon i reckon, as ill probably need to let the steward people know...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
I've just been told we're perfroming next to the mainstage on sat night using the festivals main PA for the fire show.... that's gonna be a bit like being supporting headliners sat night on the mainstage... eeeeeeek! eek

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubbloveHexstatic are playing! ubblove

Although just found out i'm actually prob working the peppermint bar whatever the hell that is rather than the gate, which means i may have to work a lot and do very little playing.... frown...poo!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Not long now....still unsure if I'm actually gonna go to this....the friend i was going to do it with has pulled out of this aswell as BGG, so we'll see.

Although thankfully i apparently only have one shift a day, and I'm on the afternoon ones which is good...hmmmm.....we'll see!

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
This should be wicked even if I'm going to be half crippled for it. Still scene when has not being able to walk stopped me performing infront of 3000 people on the main stage... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

btw chris get your arss boom and give me a call

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
go on kels, you know it'll be fun with us on the case! wink

now i just gotta work out what i've got to take that isn't covered in a week's worth of dust, sweat and blood and i'll be heading off. if anyone else wants to come along last minute (preferably to offer some freestyle/walkabout performance) pm me quickly or give me a ring on 07867 630898 as we may have a couple of spare spaces.... smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
me me me me me !

oh wait im already going ubbloco

Dub - i have materials for sculpture - but no time to make yet - can we sit down tonight with that GHC and make it you think.....?

When you going to get there ?

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
hopefully about 6ish. we'll see what we can do about the sculpture when we get there.. wicked! biggrin

oh yeah... have you charged your techs this time? umm

this should be pretty funny... half the group and it's guests seem to be suffering from semi-severe injuries so we're gonna have to cobble it together a bit on the fly....

:rolleyes:

i'm so stoked after watching all the fire shows at boom though so i can't wait to do ours again!

bounce

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
 Written by: duballstar

go on kels, you know it'll be fun with us on the case! wink

Dude I'd love to really , i would, you have no idea how much I'd love a weekend away right now, but decided last night i wasn't gonna go, and have now got some mates comin over for the weekend now.

Shame....i want more farmyard contact....can you do goat contact staff next time please!? wink ubblol ubbangel

Have a sweet weekend guys, and if you bump into a woman with pink dreads called Jenny working the gate...give her a poke and a squeeze for me! biggrin

Play hard! sunny weavesmiley biggrin hug beerchug

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
mmm... lovely little festie... only about 1000 people as well! biggrin

burnt toast (feat chimera) as usual on top form and the fire show was pretty funny too ubblol ...except for oli's hand... hopefully next time people might spend more time sorting out more fire blankets than G just before a show! frown spank

highlights were probably finding the lost disco, watching the bays and that beatboxer after, helping the wonky woods live up to their name, the workshops on sunday and some fire perfromance on the sat night. smile

hope everyone got home ok.. took us 6 hours due to flooding frown oh well....

grouphug

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hehe, got home okay, cool festival after it kicked off... thanks for letting me spin fire, was enjoying (causing???!!!) the chaos... my fingers still look a bit freaky though :o ubbrollsmile and hexstatic on sunday night rocked also biggrin

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
I was here with a sunbeam

Working on a clothes stall we were, so missed the firey shows, but a great time was had smile

Y'all should go next time, it is a lovely site, and people also. Music not quite my favourite, but hexstatic where fairly spiffing.

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'd forgot all about hanging out in your store on twoseebe... ubblol

i don't know if all your customers are like that or if i was just imagining that they were all really entertaining but it was an unsung highlight...

as was seeing you an eva! biggrin hug