RovoGOLD Member
(the person actually known as Chris Bailey)
544 posts

Posted:
I have a digital camera in my possession for at least a couple more days and would be more then happy to make some short "tutorial" vids for anyone who wanted a video of any obscure moves or concepts. In alot of threads you see people asking for examples of a move in video and usually there isn't one so I thought maybe I could help out with that a bit. These would be more like video examples then a tutorial that goes through exactly how to do the move step by step because I'm not too good at explaining things.I know how hard it is to learn from text and for alot of people it's not possible to meet up with other spinners so if you have anything you might like to see (within the limits of my abilities) I would be more then happy to try and throw something together. smile

Peace, Love, Circles

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
isolations & 5 beat reverse weave please thankx
(if possible)

Are you up for it?
wink;)

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
Well the 5 beat rev weave on HoP's free lessons is pretty clear to me so I'm not sure how I can improve on it. I can throw some isolations into a clip though, since they don't have a video of that posted yet.

I'm not very good at explaining moves so it would just be video examples of what the move looks like. I guess instead of tutorial I would put demonstration videos, if there is much of a difference. It would probably be best for moves that are more obscure and have tons of descriptions with no videos.

Peace, Love, Circles

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
the isolations would be great smile
sorry, id forgotten about the free lessons, its been a bit since ive been on here

thanks

Are you up for it?
wink;)

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
No problem. I just had a look at them tonight and I am glad to see that they are being updated. I know there was a thread talking about updating the tutorials but I didn't follow it long enough to find out whether or not they were going to be updated.

Peace, Love, Circles

ZaltymbunkTrochoïd Master
38 posts

Posted:
Crossed weave and crossed inverted weave ... if possible ... thanks a lot !!!

Have a good One !

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
Now I'm not sure what a crossed weave is or an inverted crossed weave but I could throw a bunch of different crossers in a clip and maybe one of those will be what your looking for. I am going to read around on the forums to see if i can find a defintion of these to know if I already do them. Alot of the stuff I know are just variations on a base move and I don't always give them names.

Since I'm making a sample of different crossers I can throw in the chicken strut which is just a fun crosser variation I like to play with. smile

Peace, Love, Circles

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
I see I made a mistake. By crossed weave you didn't mean crossers but we're talking about the moves reffered to in your notions of crossers thread. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly don't know if I do the moves your asking for because I don't know what all the terminology out there means. I can make a video with a bunch of different "inverted" moves in it but they may not be what everyone on this site calls inversions.

Peace, Love, Circles

MuskelungeGOLD Member
55 posts

Posted:
That's probably your best shot. There doesn't seem to be any logical definition of inversions and crossed moves that anyone can agree on.

Anyway, examples of a bunch of ways to do airwraps and hyperloops would be useful.

Actually, the crossers like you first mentioned would be informative, too.
EDITED_BY: Muskelunge (1152813274)

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
Ok I think I may have stumbled across a crossed inverted weave or something involving inversions and crossed arms. I am hopefully going to make a crosser video tonight hopefully once the camera is finished charging. I also just uploaded a video of turning longarm carries of all sorts and some other fun turns. I wish I had music when I made it but it gets the point across.

Peace, Love, Circles

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
few things i would like to see

- multiple ways of doing hyperloops
- leg wrap thing used to turn 180 degrees (it doesnt really wrap all the way but a continuous swing under the leg while turning, sorry if that's confusing)
- turning while doing different flowers

thanks

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
Alright here is a list what I want to try and make today:

-a clip of crosser and crosser variations (no btb crossers tho)
-airwraps and hyperloop variations (no infinite hl's though)
-utl moves (multiple entrances and multibeat utl moves)
-crossed inverted weave thing I stumbled upon yesterday
-turning flowers
-random other things I happen to think of

smile

Peace, Love, Circles

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
those other vids were great, got me out there practising smile

keep them coming mate biggrin

(much appreciated)

Are you up for it?
wink;)

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thread the needle reverse
antispin weave
whip catches
eternal (or whatever its called) hyperloop

all nice and slow so i can see whats going on!

thanks smile

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
I can't help you with the eternal or infinite hyperloops (but there is a video of Sphercular Matt explaining them around) and I only know one whip catch so I wouldn't be too good at showing those but I can do a bunch of TTN's and fwd and rev antispin weaves with turning.

I'm off to my ubercool dual bus cabin in the woods. I don't think I'll be back online 'till at least tommorow. smile

Peace, Love, Circles

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
durbs used to have a short vid of ttn variations, and one of whip catches as well. i'll have to dig'em up

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

AcciaioSILVER Member
Tangled into my spins
187 posts

Posted:
I will try to help you with infinite(or eternal) hyperloop and some variations with it, butterfly airwrap and some other funny knots...

I take the time to thanx Rovo for the snags video!! hug

Acciaio devil

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks. are these in the tutorial section of this website. ill have a look.

cheers again

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
sorry to be a bit vague, but could you do a tutorial for something really really hard and really really cool

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I'd like to see antispin Hybrids...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

RovoGOLD Member
544 posts

Posted:
I just added a bunch of videos to youtube and should have actual hosting for them soon. Here's a list of what I've added:

My Videos
TTN variations
UTL Variations (including multi-beat utl)
Crosser Variations
Crossed Inverted Weave (possibly)
Fun with Stands

As for anti-spin hybrids I am not sure what a hybrid is at all so maybe some nice fellow could make a video of these to help me out? wink

As for something really really hard and really really cool I think I might have something in mind.

Acciaio your welcome!

Peace, Love, Circles

dawn2duskBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Acciaio

I will try to help you with infinite(or eternal) hyperloop and some variations with it, butterfly airwrap and some other funny knots...

And here it is!!!

He ran away and asked me to post this :P and to ask your opinion on his ideas of tutorials...
EDITED_BY: dawn2dusk (1153486786)

***Feelings are anarchist - I feel - I am an anarchist***