Forums > Social Chat > anti war rally, shall i represent HoP? ALL READ PLEASE!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i was thinking of making a big banner saying "HoP says No to War: Poi for Peace" and on the back put "All spinners follow me!" what do you guys think of this idea? do i have your collective permission to do it? it seems to me that most of you are anti war. if you disagree i wont do it.
thanks.
Love n lollipops

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
You might want to check with Malcolm first being it is his site and he may not want that kind of publicity.

Otherwise I'd say go for it.What can it hurt?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You know, HOP is a large communicy with thousands of people. I personally have no problem with an anti-war message, but I also think that it's probably not OK to speak for all of us.

Besides, what is there to gain from it? Does anyone outside the fire community really care what HOP is?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
If you want to rally the spinners at the event, maybe just go for:

quote:
"No to War: Poi for Peace" and on the back put "All spinners follow me!"

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not to be harsh or nothin' but I absolutely don't think you should. As Mike says there are many people with diverse feelings about the situation.

I don't think that:
"HoP says No to War"
is an accurate statement.

Nor is it really something that I'd care to get involved with as a member of HoP. My own feelings aside. This would go for any political view whether I was for it or against.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Setting my personal political views aside (anti-war all the way!) I am going to say that the sentiment is sweet but that Home of Poi is not a politically activitistic group, and so we should not be represented as such. Home of Poi could not possibly okay anything that would serve to represent the viewpoints of the thousands of members we have in all the cross sections we have. To do so would be presumptuous, and it would really not represent the "everyone, no matter the personal opinions, is welcome here." attitude we strive to convey.

I like Rozi's idea of "Poi for Peace", but then, only those in the know would really understand the significance.

By all means LL, rally against the war. But take pride in your own opinions and do so for yourself. If others wish to join you on a personal level, then that would be even better.
Strength and luck to you.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
kay its cool. thats kinda what i thought youd say, but if i didnt ask id neva know init! "Poi for peace" it is.
ta muchly

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

cosmicpeacemember
12 posts

Posted:
hi LL.. .
why don't you just make a banner....as you said: poi for peace or something like that....and that way it would still be for all spinners there want to join you, and then nobody has any reason to get pissed of......and well...ehhh...isn't it only us in here there care about HoP.. ..
anyway...nice idea thoug, am I gonna see you in Hyde park...or.....
peace....please
cosmicpeace

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
You represent yourself.
See you there

Soleilmember
41 posts

Posted:
I agree with Glass. I'll be there for the rally (travelling from up north) and will be spinning. But my megaphone is more imporant and the troup of non-spinning people that are joining me.

However, my best spinning friend is STRONGLY for the war so i think she would be highly upset to hear that her art does not support her in her desicion so i think its a great idea, but maybe one best left alone.

See you there

sol xx

HEEEEEEEEED!!