Forums > Social Chat > obsessive compulsiveness to....POI!

Login/Join to Participate

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I would like to ask everyone out there....Do you have any weird or unsual (to popular belief) habits that are a result of your twirling or spinning hobby?For instance..I carry my poi with my everywhere I go. Imagine a young computer geek, carrying a laptop bag around, with a set of bag poi in them...pulling them out at every opportunity to get a few more minutes of practice in. =) Fortunately for me..I can just open my laptop up and put some of my favorite tunes. (Aren't Mp3's great?!) I'm big on music, and really "feeling" the music. So I'm confident with enough practice and listening to the music, I'll find my "groove" and have my own stype of dancing.Any other weird habits anyone? =P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
I find myself spinning whenever i get uspet/madIt helps reduce stress for meSometimes i'll just pop them out, and start spinning in the living room, or outside at all hours of the day/night. sometimes i'll be walking around outside, on the way to class, and i'll think of a move, and go through the motions.I also have an addiction to Rave Liquid dancing. If you don't know what this is, I have a small video clip of it on my website:https://www.geocities.com/frodus17/misc/liquid.mpg

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
I do kinda the same thing, i find a pair of 4-inch glowsticks on string travel quite well in a pocket and combat boredom quite nicely...

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
you guys know where you can get electric glowsticks? (i assume they use LEDs). ive seen them around, and its a great idea, would be a huge money saver, but dont know where to buy em at.

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Dude of crazy raving, the only wierd habit that others notice is my propensity for wearing kerosene after shave tongue

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hii find that i create new moves when i'm walking any where. if i don't have a staff or my poi any where i just imagen then do it at home when i get the chance. it's amazing how many people look at you and step well out of you parth. they must think i'm crazzy by now. grin

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
nah, that's not a weird habbit, cause I'm the same way.peaceN8

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
I take my streamers with me pretty muchanywhere I go any more. It's a great wayto pass the time when you are waiting forsomeone or waiting in line, etc.I've had a particularly good time beforeconcerts where they've got good music playing, plenty of room on the dance floor, and nobody doing anything.I'm now looking to build a set of micro LEDpoi similar to Malcom's that I can carryarround in my pockets *all* the time.I've also noticed that I have poi dreams.Admit it, you know what I;m talking about,you've had them too. ;-) These are the oneswhere you go to bed after spinning for awhile and you start dreaming poi movesand transitions.Finally, I must admit I do have an addictionto fire. If I go more than a week withoutlighting up I start jonesin' hard. Andwhen I really get in a groove -- the rightspace, the right music, the right ppl, theright mood -- it is just downright hard tostop.-p.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
pj,LOL! POI Dreams...you got me..I have em..hehe I'm also building my own beam poi set. I've decided now the only way I'll be happy is if I have:1 set of homemade beam poi from strofoam balls1 set of homemade LED poi from instructions on this site1 set of Zuni poi1 set of Bag Poi1 set of Tennis Ball Poiand last but not least:1 set of Fire PoiI WILL obtain them all..*grin* Maybe have a wall dedicated to poi...I could make some hanger of some sort..hehe (Sorry...compulsive thoughts intruding on normal brain functions)------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-