Page:
the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
Hey guys, i'm going for my first piercing on friday, nothing major, just a simple earlobe. What i want to know is, how long do i have to leave it before i start stretching it to get a spacer/flesh tunnel in? and how do i go about stretching it at first? i only want to go to about 5mm at the mo.
Any help/advice muchly appreciated. mwaas!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
With joy or abject terror?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

1,286 posts

Posted:
the latter ubblol biggrin

O.B.E.S.E.

ilsanyamanic over a fence
798 posts

Posted:
Liar. Everyone wants to get hit on by doc
wink hug

Quid Pro Quo
5|>00|\|5 /-\|^3 <00|!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
its no really whether you want to or not, its whether you give him the oppotunity.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

x_non_xmember
61 posts

Posted:
I have my earlobe stretched to 5mm, i started with 3mm, i was gonna start with 2mm but they had no tapers in that size left so decided to go straight to 3mm, hurt like hell >.< then went from 3mm-5mm and that was ok.

But i'd say start with 2mm at the most, then leave it about a week before stretching any more

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Mr Majestik

its no really whether you want to or not, its whether you give him the oppotunity.

*pinches Mjk's bum* Hi, cutie!

biggrin ubbrollsmile ubblol hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

1,286 posts

Posted:
had my ear pierced on saturday, went for the biggest bcr they had, somewhere in the region of 1.6 mm (between 12 and 14 guage somewhere)

Gonna stretch it methinks, prob only to 5mm or so.

O.B.E.S.E.

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: idancelikeatwatme

or so you say now ubblol

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

Written by: idancelikeatwatme

or so you say now ubblol

ditto

Don't let other people put you off... It's your body... And in spite of what people say like "You'll never get a job working with people" and "What about when you get older" and all that s**t.

I'm a service desk operator and controller at Kmart where I'm working with the public all the time and the only comments I've had from my boss and the customers is "Does it hurt?" and "How could I do that?" and "That really suits you..." So don't let ANYONE put you off, because most of the crap they spew is untrue (teehee that rhymes...)

*END RANT* soapbox

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Moka

Don't let other people put you off... It's your body... And in spite of what people say like "You'll never get a job working with people" and "What about when you get older" and all that s**t.
*END RANT* soapbox

That may be your experience, and that's wonderful.

It wasn't PK's experience.

-Mike

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
Ok..

I dont hold with the 'if you have mods you won't get a job' thing.

I have a lot of tattoos (i think i qualify for a lot now?) and my boyfriend is covered in them. we also have fleshies and when we applied for the jobs we now have, we had piercings.

Be discreet about the mods at the interview. plain plugs, small jewellery etc BUT if anyone asks about it make it clear they are a part of you. as long as you have the interview skills to back it up you'll be fine. the end.

also, people are ignorant about fleshies. if you're wearing plugs rather than tunnels most people wont even notice that they're there (and then you get to play the fun game of freaking them out).

go for it (SLOWLY when you're healed)

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
With the 3 i have in my lip not only did i get a job in the post office but also for Social services and a charity called Home-start. All these were paid jobs, and required lots of public contact.

when people find out i have a social services back ground, especialy with the way i look they usualy step back a bit and go "Really!!" Not one single person mentioned they had a problem with the way i look and infact said more people said it was nice to see normal looking people rather than suits all the time. biggrin

there is NO way on this planet i would ever change the way i look to get a job. It just isn't worth it.

Lindennewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Have you done it then?

Took me about 3 months to go from normal size (which I'd had for years) to 10mm.

As long as you stretch it, and dont get it punched...you can get rid of it easily.

I had to stop having mine, due to being in the TA, and a re-enactor and work....I never had them in...so they shrunk...now they're only marginally bigger than a normal hole...

I miss them lots.

frown

"The power of acute observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

1,286 posts

Posted:
i haven't done anything really, i just got a larger than average piercing so far. It just looks like a thick bcr, which it is.
i cant do anything with it for 3 weeks or so.

O.B.E.S.E.

toxiccaBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
my lobes are stretched to 20mm, 19mm, 5mm, and 2.4mm i also started stretching my septum thats now a 3.2 gonna start on my tongue next smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
why do you want to be so full of big holes?

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GothFrogette

there is NO way on this planet i would ever change the way i look to get a job. It just isn't worth it.

And that's the decision you made. However, many people haven't carefully thought this through before they get the piercing at age 18 or 20 and then age 30 rolls around and they regret not having given it more thought.

Other people have no regrets. My only point is THINK REALLY HARD ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO YOU AND WHY. I never said not to do it. But just be darned sure.

And then proceed with caution.

-Mike

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

However, many people haven't carefully thought this through before they get the piercing at age 18 or 20 and then age 30 rolls around and they regret not having given it more thought.

yeah but its not that bad when you get there wink and its about the only thing i am actually happy i still have at that no spoken of age ubblol

Written by: Doc Lightning

My only point is THINK REALLY HARD ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO YOU AND WHY. I never said not to do it. But just be darned sure.

And then proceed with caution.

and i totaly agree with you 100%.
eg i have always wanted tattoos... it took me 12 years before i actually found the first one i wanted.

and on the topic of stretching up piercings, my lowbret is going up to either 3 or 4ml can not decide yet biggrin

toxiccaBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

why do you want to be so full of big holes?

I love pierced holes and the bigger they are the better smile

1,286 posts

Posted:
ok, so i went to 3mm 2 days ago, i really like it! still don't hink i want to go any bigger than 5mm. i like this 3mm, and there's loads of jewellery for 3mm piercings. think i'll keep it this size for a while.

O.B.E.S.E.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I've just taken all my ear piercings down to 1mm now.
Was fed up of not being able to wear pretty earrings.
Bit minging though, earrings I have in now, if you catch the light right, you and see through them still ubblol

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
I stretched mine gradually by wearing heavyish earrings and putting thicker ones in as and when they'd fit. I went up from piercing studs (it was a long time ago!) to 6mm but then back down to 4mm.

There was no pain involved unless I tried to speed the process up and that would only be a bit sore for a night.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Page: