Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Notions of "Inversion" and "Crossing" ?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ZaltymbunkTrochoïd Master
38 posts

Posted:
Hello all "Manos" ( neologism issued from where i live, quasi untranslatable but completely invariable wink ) !!!

Firstly, i have to prevent you that i am a french guy, which needs some answers to some poi interrogations weavesmiley .
In this case, try to be as lenient ( thanks Google for this word ... ubblol ) as you can with my written english and please don't use terms that could not be in my knowledge !!

My questions are in a first time about the concept of inversion.
I would like to know in simple words what exactly it consist in confused .
Indeed, even if i can do a inversion butterfly ( or inverted butterfly ? redface ) i have no idea of what an inverted weave ( or inversion weave ? redface ) could be !!!

Moreover, i have intend to speak about a crossed inverted weave ( similar or different to a crossover ? but inverted ? ubbloco ).

If somebody ( The ideal would be a bilingual ... biggrin ) could gives me explanations as specified a he can about these two notions ( inversion and crossing ... especially for weaves ), i would have a lot of recognition to him hug !!!

Thanks a lot for the whole reading ... and for the potential answers !!!

Topette !!! ( An other french local neologism that means " See you later", for all of you wink )

Have a good One !

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
ubblol
i would SOOOO love to!!! rolleyes
however if 20 pages of typing hasn't done it, i'm afraid you'll have to wait until we have some videos hug

as for france workshops, i am open to coming there. if you can organise some people (at least 6) and a nice space, i have a week from august 3rd through the 10th with possibly nothing to do. i am slotted to perform at Boom but since they are only paying for my admission i can easily go to france instead. i would love to fly in and do a full day of workshops. especially if that amazing cute french girl from the EJC is around ubblove ubblove ubblove wink

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
no way men .. you guy's going to boom fest to entertain us !!
there won't be anyone in Paris during beginning august (only tourists), and you won't find any French spinner willing to pay for a workshop confused

>>> am slotted to perform at Boom but since they are only paying for my admission
if you're invited to perform (i.e. you've been in contact with Gi), you'll certainly get free food & drinks aswell
and there 'll be loads of French girls in Portugal peace

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
umm, i am only performing with a bus full of freaks that are on one of the stages, nothing so established as having food, etc... that would be nice as it would nullify some funding problems i'm having redface
so at this point it is still up in the air...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Younglegendnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Wait, ive been looking at this thread for maybe 30 min and i still have pretty much no clue whats going on. so theres inverted weaves AND crossed inverted weaves? Man i nead a tutoriol vid really badly. som1 help

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Every inversion is crossed, but inversion crossed in "buzzsaw" rather than outside, like cross-over, aka crosser.

lightning,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Page: