Forums > Help! > HoP calender crammed with birthdays

Login/Join to Participate

CarobananasGOLD Member
april fool
36 posts

Posted:
I was just looking for poi events in the calender section, and noticed that it's really chaotic because every members birthday is in there as well.
I think with now roughly 36000 HoP members maybe it's a bit too much to list everybodies birthday there...

Maybe HoP could make seperate calenders, one for birthdays, one for events.
What do you think?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Or it follows the same as "meet others" and is only for current members perhaps?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Good call!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I like Gnor's idea... and also add "and must have X posts to be included" so it stops those who sign up for the shop but dont post from having their birthday in

BrokenLeavesSILVER Member
48 posts

Posted:
I think there should be a different calender...as i was just searching for the next nottingham fire night and got beyond confused....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Well the events are in a different colour which is handy, but I do reckon your right simply about people who sign up for the shop, since the calendar is for the community of which a large amount of members play no part in

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
The calender's confusing anyways... like there's a "4 days to EJC" on the 9th, but no EJC itself 4 days later, and often multiday events are in there only for their starting day... no idea if that's because of people not posting properly or the way the calendar works though...

But to sort it out I'm sure a format change would be enough: events on top, and birthdays, maybe in smaller font or in a box, below, and with just one "birthdays" title instead of birthday: 1, birthday: 2, and so on

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

The calender's confusing anyways... like there's a "4 days to EJC" on the 9th, but no EJC itself 4 days later, and often multiday events are in there only for their starting day... no idea if that's because of people not posting properly or the way the calendar works though...

I think that's to do with the name of the EJC thread. As far as I'm aware, the EJC starts on the 9th.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
you just need to remove threads that are set to weekly/yearly whatever and that are no longer valid. If a thread drops to page, i dunno, 10 or get to a certain date (like an expiry date) then the calender entry is removed.

shrug

I like having people's birthdays on there! biggrin

Gayle.....!

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Liquifies_Through_Contact

I think that's to do with the name of the EJC thread. As far as I'm aware, the EJC starts on the 9th.

You're right, the EJC does start on the 9th. Maybe the calendar should also let you name things different from the name of the thread? I hadn't realised that when i edited the thread name i was also changing the calendar listing...

Apologies for any confusion caused

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team