Forums > Social Discussion > muslim intergration (yeah right lol)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

7,193 posts

Posted:
it's like say..................... fighting with your brother over something like him liking star wars and you liking star-trek. essentially it's still sci-fi but it has it's differences

at the end of the day it's childish hug

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i had a big post about why comunities with *small* ethnic majorities are a positive thing but i don't think anyone would be that interested in reading it... redface

instead, of that, i think this is much better:

i believe its good to be proud of who you are and where you came from.

however, if you believe that who you are and where you came from makes you in someway 'better' than someone else, bad energy will inevitably arise.

differences should be celebrated and embraced and never used as a basis to segregate or instil hate of others.

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: coleman

differences should be celebrated and embraced and never used as a basis to segregate or instil hate of others.

cole. x

sort of what i was trying to say but more better put accross

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
hug

i had a feeling we were saying similar things which is why i dumped that other post smile

i like this phrase best:

"no one in this life should live this side or that side of a wall, be it invisible or not"

unfortunately, it seems to me that if people perceive these walls to be there it breeds racism, small-mindedness and encourages the community to segregate itself further, alienating those members of the community that the prejudiced feel should really be on 'the other side' frown

its not an easy problem to deal with.

which is why i'll never run for mayor in this town... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

7,193 posts

Posted:

hug

i like this phrase best:

"no one in this life should live this side or that side of a wall, be it invisible or not"

cole. x

eek
are you saying i've came up with a memorable quote ubblol

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Cole, i wish you were the leader of the world. you are so kickass! biggrin bounce woo!! go cole!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Suppose "the wall" was actually being constructed by the Muslims themselves?

One could read this thread to say that Muslims aren't attending theme parks due to a rejection of English culture. Smoke and alcohol can be avoided ( at least here they can ), they could pack their own lunches. Music is a tough thing to avoid in public spaces, like grocery stores.

What if there were a proposal by second generation immigrants that the U.K. be ruled under Muslim Law?

7,193 posts

Posted:
but why should the UK bow to part of socioty just to please one or other faction??

HELL if they did that free partys would be legal ubblol

babylon thrives on conflict, as it's good for the econimy. more trouble = more police needed= more jobs, if weapons are used the likes of BAE systems laugh and rake the money in the government takes their cut, prices on just about everything go up, the rich get richer and the poor and innocent suffer at the hands of the powers that be!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
babylon!! ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

7,193 posts

Posted:
wink

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Babylon?

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
In Babylon, Dey Drop de Bass....

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

i find a day tailored to the wants and needs of the muslim community wholly acceptable if there is no religious discimination involved in the entrance policy.

cole. x

And that's the problem, now, isn't it? They won't sell to non-Muslims.

And that's the ONLY thing that has my knickers in a twist.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

7,193 posts

Posted:
"babylon no like da ganjah man" ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Doc Lightning

And that's the problem [...] isn't it? They won't sell to non-Muslims.

And that's the ONLY thing that has my knickers in a twist.

no, not at all mike - your knickers can safely be untwisted.

this was a post from the first page (though i'm sure you've read the whole thread wink):

go look at the islamic leisure site - nowhere does it say that the day they have arranged is muslim ONLY.

its just a day designed to cater specifically to practicing muslim families.

the park obviously made a mistake when they refused to sell mr hughes his tickets and should instead have simply warned him of the booking and special arrangements that have been made for that day before directing him to the islamic leisure site shrug

as far as i can tell, anyone can freely buy tickets for the park, through the organisation that has organised the day, online with absolutely no requirement to state religious preference (or any other form of discrimination).

this is the website of the arranging organisation
and this is the first page of the online booking process

go check them out.
i think you'll be hard pushed to find any form of illegal discrimination in the way those tickets are being sold.

this is simply a case of the person at the alton towers box office getting it a bit wrong.

since they get paid bugger all to sit in a cubicle, answer a phone and book people tickets to a theme park, i don't think mistaking "we can't sell you a ticket today because a muslim organisation has rented the park and has sole rights to sell the tickets for that day" for "we can't sell you a ticket today because its a muslim only day" is such an unforgivable mistake.

a mistake i might add that we're not even sure was actually made - all we have is mr hughes hazy account of what he was told on the phone shrug

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: