• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > Can you make fire poi diffeant colors.

Login/Join to Participate

kopte4ever

Total posts: 3
Posted:I.e is there a way of making my flame red or blue.

was wondering about putting something like food coloring in the fuel, sounds stupid i know but has anyone else seen it or tried anything.

Delete Topic

drvariety
SILVER Member since Mar 2006

drvariety

Total posts: 75
Posted:umm, have you performed a search for this topic? probably the second most requently asked question on hop. Do a quick search and you should find more than enough info.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

Delete

*HyperLight
BRONZE Member since Dec 2003

*HyperLight

old hand

Total posts: 1174
Posted:Try this...

Cake or Death?

Delete

onewheeldave
GOLD Member since Aug 2002

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 3252
Posted: Written by: kopte4ever

I.e is there a way of making my flame red or blue.

was wondering about putting something like food coloring in the fuel, sounds stupid i know but has anyone else seen it or tried anything.

Food coloring? I don't think anyone's tried that- I certainly can't think of any reason it wouldn't work; why not give it a go and get back to us smile

Another idea for colored flames without use of dangerous chemicals would be to get some of those packets of biscuits with coloured cellophane in, then tape it into several pairs of glasses frames.

Then, when performing, simply hand out the glasses to each member of the audience and, Hey Presto, colored flames with no hassle.

EDITED_BY: onewheeldave (1151749780)

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Delete

Stout
SILVER Member since May 2004

Stout

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1872
Posted:ubblol

Delete

Mr Majestik
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you

Total posts: 4693
Posted: Written by: onewheeldave

Written by: kopte4ever

Food coloring? I don't think anyone's tried that- I certainly can't think of any reason it wouldn't work; why not give it a go and get back to us smile

Another idea for colored flames without use of dangerous chemicals would be to get some of those packets of biscuits with coloured cellophane in, then tape it into several pairs of glasses frames.

Then, when performing, simply hand out the glasses to each member of the audience and, Hey Presto, colored flames with no hassle.

ubblol

i dont think food colouring would change the flame, only chang the liquids appearance, but it couldnt, no, *shouldnt do any harm to give it a try.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

drvariety
SILVER Member since Mar 2006

drvariety

Total posts: 75
Posted:Try dissolving salts in the paraffin- ie CuNa for green flames, or FlNa for pink.

Thank you chemistry...

wow, i was out of it...

EDITED_BY: drvariety (1151793033)

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted: Written by: drvariety

Try dissolving salts in the gasoline- ie CuNa for green flames, or FlNa for pink.
Thank you chemistry...

Did chemistry make you mispell paraffin for gasoline?

Delete

Posted:I think he meant paraffin oil (also known as kerosene).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene
br>

Theres an article on the site about coloured flames smile

http://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/colouredflames.php
br>

^_^

EDITED_BY: Nazrila (1151986345)

Delete

Sporky

Sporky

addict

Total posts: 663
Posted:Photoshop is the easiest way to do it wink

Thats how I do it every time. biggrin

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Delete

twirlywhirly
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

Total posts: 7
Posted:hello, first of all thankyou, very very good info, does pariffin come under methylated spirits, i dont think so but not sure, and just got rid of my last tub. rich

Delete

Yakumo
SILVER Member since May 2006

Yakumo

veteran

Total posts: 1237
Posted:gah, don't spin with meths (or surgical spirit or anything like that)! it's low flashpoint fast burning fuel. you'll damage your wicks, and likely enough yourself!
it lasts far too short a time also.

paraffin's available from any hardware/ironmonger store. or use lamp oil. Seach HoP for anything on fuels.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

Delete

MikefromGlos
SILVER Member since Jul 2006

MikefromGlos

Hitman

Total posts: 985
Posted:seriosuly parafin is by far the safist fuel i have been spinning with it for 4 years and so far touch wood i havnt had a serious burn from it bearing in mind i spin at least 4 times a week

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted: Written by: onewheeldave

Written by: kopte4ever

I like the new Snarky Dave. biggrin

Please do a search. This topic has been discussed way too many times.

In fact, when you initially tried to post it HoP told you some threads that already existed. But you ignored them and insisted on posting anyway.

*shrug*

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete