Forums > Technical Discussion > Can you make fire poi diffeant colors.

Login/Join to Participate

kopte4evernewbie
3 posts

Posted:
I.e is there a way of making my flame red or blue.

was wondering about putting something like food coloring in the fuel, sounds stupid i know but has anyone else seen it or tried anything.

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
umm, have you performed a search for this topic? probably the second most requently asked question on hop. Do a quick search and you should find more than enough info.

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Try [Old link]...

Cake or Death?

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: kopte4ever

was wondering about putting something like food coloring in the fuel, sounds stupid i know but has anyone else seen it or tried anything.

Food coloring? I don't think anyone's tried that- I certainly can't think of any reason it wouldn't work; why not give it a go and get back to us smile

Another idea for colored flames without use of dangerous chemicals would be to get some of those packets of biscuits with coloured cellophane in, then tape it into several pairs of glasses frames.

Then, when performing, simply hand out the glasses to each member of the audience and, Hey Presto, colored flames with no hassle.
EDITED_BY: onewheeldave (1151749780)

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

Food coloring? I don't think anyone's tried that- I certainly can't think of any reason it wouldn't work; why not give it a go and get back to us smile

Another idea for colored flames without use of dangerous chemicals would be to get some of those packets of biscuits with coloured cellophane in, then tape it into several pairs of glasses frames.

Then, when performing, simply hand out the glasses to each member of the audience and, Hey Presto, colored flames with no hassle.

ubblol

i dont think food colouring would change the flame, only chang the liquids appearance, but it couldnt, no, *shouldnt do any harm to give it a try.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
Try dissolving salts in the paraffin- ie CuNa for green flames, or FlNa for pink.

Thank you chemistry...

wow, i was out of it...
EDITED_BY: drvariety (1151793033)

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: drvariety

Try dissolving salts in the gasoline- ie CuNa for green flames, or FlNa for pink.
Thank you chemistry...

Did chemistry make you mispell paraffin for gasoline?

NazrilaGOLD Member
3 posts

Posted:
I think he meant paraffin oil (also known as kerosene).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene

Theres an article on the site about coloured flames smile

https://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/colouredflames.php

^_^
EDITED_BY: Nazrila (1151986345)

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Photoshop is the easiest way to do it wink

Thats how I do it every time. biggrin

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

twirlywhirlyBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
hello, first of all thankyou, very very good info, does pariffin come under methylated spirits, i dont think so but not sure, and just got rid of my last tub. rich

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
gah, don't spin with meths (or surgical spirit or anything like that)! it's low flashpoint fast burning fuel. you'll damage your wicks, and likely enough yourself!
it lasts far too short a time also.

paraffin's available from any hardware/ironmonger store. or use lamp oil. Seach HoP for anything on fuels.

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
seriosuly parafin is by far the safist fuel i have been spinning with it for 4 years and so far touch wood i havnt had a serious burn from it bearing in mind i spin at least 4 times a week

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

I like the new Snarky Dave. biggrin

Please do a search. This topic has been discussed way too many times.

In fact, when you initially tried to post it HoP told you some threads that already existed. But you ignored them and insisted on posting anyway.

*shrug*

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]