Forums > Social Chat > What looks better?? Poi or staff

Login/Join to Participate

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
Hi y'all,

Just a quick one, I want to get a general consensus on what you all think looks better. I admit they both look great but you've all got your favourite so which is it??

Poi? or Staff??

[ 05. February 2003, 01:29: Message edited by: Chorin ]

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
crazy crazy question, there is no answer to this.
Poi/staff, neither is less beautiful.
My answer is the dancer in the middle.

Glass

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Nice reply
I'm with Glass on this one.

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
poi, just

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

UCOF (emergency)member
129 posts

Posted:
cabbages

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I would say to the average person poi looks better just because it's new and unusual and makes so many diffrent patterns of circles. And people are more aquainted with staff from seeing majorettes (even though the baton moves of majorettes even in the competitions only partially resemble the moves staff people do) and also people are aquainted with staff from watching bruce lee movies and what not.

But when the skill level is high enough with staff to show people things they could never imagine and can't believe as they are watching it. I would say what determines what looks better is not the toy but the skill level.

In summary it's easier to impress people with a clumsy but fast 3 beat weave where as the same skill level on a staff doesn't cut it but as the skill level increases the diffrence between the two fade.

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
double flail, combination of both, my latest and most favorites toy, lots of fun and very beautiful
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement