drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
Ive currently been doing a lot of slack lining and a lot of poi, and finaly i had the idea to cross-breed them. Has anyone else tried this? Ive found that the Weave is altering sense of balance too much to stay on the line, but butterfly and wind mill moves seem to work fine. Anyone have anyother suggestions for moves that would work on slacklines. weavesmiley

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Dont give up on the weave. Just because it may be hard, doesnt mean its impossible.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ditto

bounce

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
yeah! I was recently following a touring circus and talking to their slackwire artist. The wonderful thing about slackwire is that you can play a lot more, you can really dance while you are on it, so I am almost possitive that a weave would be possible....it might be easier to do while walking, so that your ballence leg is always opposite your 2 hands....

on an unrelated note of crossbreeding circus skills, a friend of a friend started what he has dubbed poiggling, as in juggling while spinning poi....he basic one is 3 balls, just alternate forward spinning...but hes not a great juggler, so im pretty sure with the right siteswap you could do a weave.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Dev Kev per chance?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
2bags was doing this when i met him about 3/4 years ago.........

hes good at wierd things pm him smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

ShawnFmember
162 posts

Posted:
Hmm... you could even do wraps on the Line perhaps... wink Like if you crouched down and had them wrap from opposite sides and change direction..

Shawn

drvarietySILVER Member
75 posts

Posted:
Ya, thanks. Due to the position of the slack line when i was first doing this, i was having to pretty much stay stationary, but now that i moved it, i can do the walking three beat stickwithwonder suggested. And im going out right now to try those wraps you suggested. Thanks guys!

There is nothing to be afraid of. Virtual reality will eventually rehabilitate your mind and eventually your body. Everything will be allright, i promise. Just concentrate. Try some music.

SickWithWondermember
56 posts

Posted:
um.....be careful with the wraps....it would be tragic to wrap fire poi on a synthetic line and have it melt and break while you were on it....probably not deadly, but no fun....

and the wraps will probably mess with how the line is occilating....but could be doable

and the slackwire artist i was talking to performs under the name david didd and is touring currently with the bindlestiff family circus.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
eek devkev and his 3 ball juggling poi maddnesswow

and his crazy vodka biggrin

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hehe, ive been looking into slacklining, probably getting one next week tongue

cheers, pete smile

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

tcoopsnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
poi RULE

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
regarding weaves:

if you do butterfly weaves instead then you can keep it on each side of your body if you need to balance, whereas a regular weave gets twisted up.

good luck

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.