Page:
KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
why am i so unlucky in love?

Ive been in love before, and i have also been loved, but unfortunately never at the same time.

i am quite a nice person and very friendly and easy to talk to, but as soon as someone i like enters the scene i become a warbling mess, rubbish company and my conversation is "wack". whats wrong with me. frown

anyways i just felt like a wee rant. help me overcome the fear. *sigh*

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
hug

As little as this helps, I know what you're going through.

hug

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey thanks, that does help. smile

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
*sigh*

I feel your pain. I too couldn't get myself together enough to have any kind of connections with someone. I had relationships where I was loved, but didn't love. I had unrequited obsessions.

I thought I'd never be happy. I'd never find a relationship, I would never find someone who was able to keep their own personality while being with me as well (I have a strong personality, and some of my old girlfriends seemed to give into my every whim rather than have their own say).

I chucked the whole relationship thing entirely, and found myself a couple of *ahem* casual partners.

And then I met my girl. She has had a disatrous track record too (she was single for a year before she met me). And it was just one of those perfect moments. Eyes across a crowded room kind of thing, I just got along with her so well that when we kissed, it wasn't even a conscious thing... It just happened.

I was told 6 months earlier that I'd get along well with this girl, and I shrugged it off.. And if I had met her then, I wouldn't be ready to be in a relationship with her.

It took me twenty-five years, but I'm finally in a relationship where I love and am loved.

There is hope. I thought I'd never be where I am. I was in despair of ever finding someone. I taught myself to be happy on my own, and everything else came as a result of that.

Good luck hon!!!

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
hug's to you. Love is a very complicated subject. Yet it is a rare thing to find, its treasures are the most cherished and praised by all. Keep your chin up, i bet you there is some guy thinking about you, wondering how to tell you that he loves you. It isnt that easy for us men to open up. There are alot of sexist statements about us (no complaints ubblol) but there is always someone who thinks you are the most special, greatest person. I really hope that you do find love, this is a matter of waiting for the right moment. Love will come out and shine its elegant grace when the time is adequate. Good luck and even more hug's to you!!!!!

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I fell in love once, he left without telling me it was over, I knew him for three years and we went out for 6 months. Even if you just take just one of those into account didnt I deserve to be told it was over? He took me out, kissed me goodbye told me he'd take some time off work next week, and I never heard from him again after that.

Now my current boyfriend has disapeared for a little over 2 weeks, im starting to think its going to happen all over again. Hes the only one ive had any real feelings for at all since steve I dont know if I can handle that again if it happens.

frown

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
hug Sounds familiar Kupsch, sucks doesn't it? hug All I can advise is to try not to dwell on it too much (no point in saying don't dwell on it at all as I know you will wink ). Being with someone isn't the be-all and end-all and getting obssessed with it doesn't do you any good. Going hunting for love is the surest way I know not to find it. It's hard sometimes but you just have to wait I'm afraid, and try to have a good a time as you can inbetween. hug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

missangelanewbie
8 posts

Posted:
wow all you peeps who answered are so nice! really thoughtfull and kind advise. i am in the same kinda predicament and reading your replys even made ME feel better.

good on you

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
edit...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
 Written by: monserat

All I can advise is to try not to dwell on it too much

I'll second that.
You have your whole life in front of you! Just wait and they will come to you.

I have huge shyness and anxiety issues and I've found this to help loads when I'm 'on-the-pull'.
If ever a guy approaches me and starts talking to me, I completly ignore the fact that they are a) A man with a willy and b) the fact that they are really really hot.
I look at them as a person. An it. I talk to them with the view of finding out more about them.
That way I don't clam up, my stammer dosn't come back and I can talk to them with a cool head on.

Lastly just enjoy yourself!
Confidance and a huge smile wearing tracksuit bottoms and a top with pot noodles stains on it is far more attractive to me that somebody tarted up to the nines with her tits out..

Smile!

hug

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hehe your so right ~ not trying to sound up myself but i dont have a huge problem getting people to fancy me because im quite friendly and down to earth (do i sound too up myself...hope not..its not my intentions)...but as soon as i fancy them i become a warbling mess with rubbsh chat and dont know where to put my eyes or hands and i start shaking and stuff..... its rotten!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Blind, Deaf and Dead people know that I am a shameless flirt on here flirting with every man I come across in these forums. Most of them are straight which means it's usually just harmless fun.

But in the past as soon as I'm faced with a gay/bi man I find attractive - someone who CAN find me attractive but MIGHT also turn me down. I clam up and go quiet...Look in the other direction... Hell, RUN in the other direction!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Dave

Blind, Deaf and Dead people know that I am a shameless flirt on here flirting with every man I come across in these forums. Most of them are straight which means it's usually just harmless fun.

None of it ever comes my way though. frown

wink

Still, I have to beat that Asena chap off with a stick sometimes...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I clam up and go quiet...Look in the other direction... Hell, RUN in the other direction!

redface ubbrollsmile

Why use a stick? biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
ive also been unlucky in love, been single for the last 7 years, met someone last august, but unlucky for me she was about to go on a gap year! and she had been the only girl who cared for me as more than a friend in those 7 years! but right now i do belive my luck is changing, well touch wood they are.

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
Ah love. Ive never known it myself. I havent met anyone who im perfectly comfortable with, and then i either get rid or i do something so they finish it. welcome to the world divorced parents make!!

i think though kupsch, that the nervous conversation at the begining of meeting someone is great. everyone always says the weirdest things when their nervous and trying to look their best! its well funny! ubblol ubblol ubblol

You'll find me on the dance floor

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hmmm
EDITED_BY: Kupsch (1168797948)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Or he fancies you as much as you do him and he is tongue tied too?

I think that sometimes we pick entirely the wrong people to fall in love on purpose. I used to think I was unworthy of love and used to pick men that would help perpetuate that feeling. It felt safer that way than actually having to pick someone that would love me, because I would have to expose parts of my past to someone like that and that meant me having to face up to that past. Something I didn't want to do at the time.

Good luck with this man. I hope it all works out well.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
You people are all great! hug

For what it's worth here's my story. Up until about 4 months ago I was in a long term relationship (5.5 years, living together for 3). When it ended (mutually I might add), I was absolutely terrified of being alone, I didn't think I had it in me to even exist without her. But I realized a couple of weeks back that I'm actually better off this way.

Moral of the story: if you go looking you might never find what your looking for. But when the time is right (and boy, do I hope it's my time), it always hits you from left-field, when you're least expecting it. Go and have fun, be yourself, and people will love you for it.

And keep hugging everyone!! We all need a bit of the Poi Poi love!! grouphug
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153699733)

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
that story is very good you have restored my faith samboflux.

i never go looking for love i just hate when i find it, and it doesnt get returned.

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
You know, reading all this makes me feel like less of a nuffy when it comes to relationships... Why is it you can never get people to admit this level of insecurity in real life! Its nice to know that we are all in the same boat, whether we admit it or not...

hug grouphug hug grouphug hug biggrin

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
when it comes down to it, we are all gibbering messes when we see/meet someone that we're into

what we dont realise alot of the time is that the person we're talking to is

a)feeling the same way

b)probably thinks its cute and endearing as oppose to thinking who is this idiot trying to talk to me

im also in a silly state of singledom where it does seem noone is really interested but what ya gonna do, personally i hate the cheesy oh it comes along when u least expect, well yes it does, but i dont need to be told yet again! lol

its like someone telling you some trick is easy once u get it, hmmm well obviously its easy once u get it, but that period before is the frustrating one

wonderlooey you can get people to admit these things it jus depends, obviously alot of people do find it hard, but then when u get someone open up completely and tell you how much of a emotional retard they are, that never helps either lol

its all mentalness eek

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
made a long ansgty post but deleted it.

what raverepresent said 'there is always someone who thinks you are the most special, greatest person' really uplifted me.

give it time and faith everyone, love works out how its meant to even if it doesn't seem the best way at the time

xxx

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

drofkcahSILVER Member
80 posts

Posted:
there's someone out there for all of us, just got to enjoy the search for them! well thats what i always say, esp when i feeling down. My main problem is a lack of confidence, it took me at least a week to decide that i was going to kiss this girl! and the good thing is she kissed me back!

I am a sig virus place me in you sig so that i can continue to replicate

Rgds Drofkcah

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
edit.......

RaveRepresentSILVER Member
addict
567 posts

Posted:
awwwww!!! big big hugs to you kupsch! Big, cuddly, snuggly hugs!

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"Cardinal!!! Poke her... with the SOFT CUSIONS!!!!"

"Its not working my lord!"

"Have you got all of the stuffing on one end?!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
don't worry everyone... my love life was crap, I joined HoP and met the most wonderful girl in the world.

shhhh she's asleep next to me in bed now biggrin

love will just pop in one random day and say "hi" and that'll b the story you tell ya kids wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Daedalus42newbie
3 posts

Posted:
i have been really unlucky

nothing really ever seemed to work until recently i started a relationship with a friend of mine who it turns out also likes me but i had no idea. so this is great yeah?

the only problem being that i just feel it is going nowhere due to a complete lack of confidence and on my part and i really don't see any way to improve this but with luck i will hopefully find a way

When you think the world has turned it's back on you take another look, most likely it's you that have turned your back on the world

Dangerousmind66Member
90 posts

Posted:
Everything in time, lord knows Im learning that. My potential left for California at the beginning of June, gets back on the 8th of July, but heads out the next day for Dallas for a week or two. Such is life, we gotta take what it hurls at us.

mr_tamborien_boymember
33 posts
Location: Leeming, Perth, Western Australia, Australia, worl...

Posted:
hey there,

well i no what your going through like most of these ppl. i no how bad it feels especially when your really really good friends but its not going that extra step. 1 thing that is worse is being in a love triangle with your best friend. unfortunatly this has happened to me twice *sucks to be mee* all you have to do is grin and bear i. for the bit about being scared well get out of your comfort sone. i love people who are confident. even if your sh*t scared just try and the more u try the more confident you will get.

hope this helps..
cheer
tambo.

"Shine on you crazy diamond"

Page: