Page:
KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
why am i so unlucky in love?

Ive been in love before, and i have also been loved, but unfortunately never at the same time.

i am quite a nice person and very friendly and easy to talk to, but as soon as someone i like enters the scene i become a warbling mess, rubbish company and my conversation is "wack". whats wrong with me. frown

anyways i just felt like a wee rant. help me overcome the fear. *sigh*

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
You'd think it would be obvious but in my experience guys don't seem to pick up on it. Maybe its just me......?

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
nah, guys can't pick up subtle hints.

I spent 2 hours speaking to a guy at a party about 2 weeks ago... 2 hours!!! Later when I was working out a way for me to get home he hooked up with one of my friends that he had been interested in all night, and she liked him! He didnt know I was interested... 2 hours of a REALLY good chat where we shared heaps of stuff, and he didn't realise.

Girls on the other hand, read into everything way too much

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Subtle doesn't really work on blokes. A lot of the time I even miss downright blatent hints. If its aimed at friends I'll spot it a mile off, towards me and I'm clueless. A girl could be walking towards me naked with 'I really like you monserat' written across her body in bright red lipstick and I'd think 'Some lucky bugger's got the same name as me'. shrug redface ubblol

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
haha monserat i just burst out laughing at that.

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Kupsch you have to laugh at it otherwise it would be too depressing! From a personal point of view, if I think a girl's dropping subtle hints I end up thinking 'did she mean..., is that..., would she..., if I.... ???' and convincing myself I'm reading too much into what she's saying. I find if I respond without thinking too much things are a lot easier!

By the sounds of it he hasn't got anything to worry about on the rejection front from you, the trick is getting him to realise that. You could always go balls out ('scuse the expression), screw your eyes up and just say it, the old 'Death or Glory' approach. At least you'll know either way and be able to deal with it accordingly. Sometimes I think it's the not knowing that's the worst bit.

hug and a flower for luck @)--'--,--

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
arghhhhhhhhhhhh. thanks for that flower and hug. smile

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
Well dunno if it helps, but I ended up with my current gf cos I invited her out of a pub crawl I was organising and things just happened from there. I have to admit that I was actually trying to get to know her at the time, but it just happened.

I decided to take a risk and it was the best decision I took.

It might be that, although it feels hard, you just need to take a risk and say something. I dunno.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: monserat

Subtle doesn't really work on blokes. A lot of the time I even miss downright blatent hints. If its aimed at friends I'll spot it a mile off, towards me and I'm clueless. A girl could be walking towards me naked with 'I really like you monserat' written across her body in bright red lipstick and I'd think 'Some lucky bugger's got the same name as me'. shrug redface ubblol

Bwahahaha! Dude, that sums it up perfectly!! ubblol I have no clue at all. It's like trying to understand Shakespeare when it's written in invisible ink. AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH ubbloco
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153700031)

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
go for it samboflux let me know how you get on!!

after the crappy week/weekend ive had....I think im going to have to give up on how im feeling. im just too full of the fear to do anything about it....

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Cheers Kupsch! hug hug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Go SamboFlux! Good Luck! hug

I tried to let this guy know I like him this weekend but I don't think he took me seriously. I think he thought I was just being crazy drunk CJ...as usual! He did let me sleep on his sofa though...Woot! ubblol

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

Kev_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Kupsch

the major problem i face is....he lives in london i live in glasgow. there is nothing keeping me in glasgow. there is A LOT keeping him there. this is a flirtation and we meet up every so often but i dont know how to take it further. i dont know whether hes not acting on it due the distance as he doesnt know id be willing to give it a go and go to london. arghhhhh but then i dont know if it would sound crazy going down there when nothing is set in stone. its such a sticky situation. i mean its easier when you live at least a reasonably close distance to one another...then a fling can be taken further without discussion but in order for tings to be considered to go further...london is calling. plus id like to live in the big smoke anyway but dont want to look like a psycho chasing him al the way down there. arghhhhhhhhhhhh. thanks for that flower and hug. smile

Maybe a happy story will help you out there.. smile

I met my girlfriend about 7 years ago and we got on really well, just seemed to 'click'. Only problem was, I live in Scotland and she lived in Australia. ubblol
So we talked on the phone a lot and still got on really well, and eventually I began wondering where this was going to go. Well I was at uni and she was at school in oz so I figured it wasn't going to go anywhere on its own. So I left uni and went to oz for a year or so and finally met up with her. We got on even better than we had before, totally inseperable, and we were both gutted when I eventually had to come home. I worked my ass off and she finished school, and then she moved over to the UK in about 2001/2002, and we have been together since then. biggrin

disclaimer: I guess my story is about as close to a fairytale as it gets and its not always going to work out that way... I just think that while many people say you should be patient and things will come in their own time, it doesn't always work that way.. there are a lot of lonely people who have always been alone. I say that sometimes you have to take the driver's seat in your life and reach out to take what you want, especially if you really think you have a chance to find something special with someone - because its too easy to let it slip by. wink

grr this thread makes me sound like a soppy twat! shrug

- Honk if you love peace and quiet!

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
kev that story is amazing!!! thanks for telling it. im well chuffed for you guys. it has made me feel a lot better, you are totally right about taking the drivers seat, i will admit i have been very brave these last few months doing things i never thought i could!

this thread makes everyone sound like a soppy twat (and me increasingly psychotic) but thats the beauty of it. smile

Kev_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah, keeping a relationship going over long distances is incredibly hard work, it takes a lot of effort and the patience of a saint. When it comes to actually approaching the subject, the best route as always is just to be honest. Get his full attention, preferably somewhere quiet, and tell him how you feel. Sometimes it can help to make a bit of a story out of it, so you could explain how you've been enjoying spending time together, and you feel that you're getting closer to him, etc etc it should be pretty straightforward from there. smile

In other words, I'm bailing now before I start blushing from talking all this emotional muck.. redface rolleyes

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Kev, you're so damn right it hurts. That makes me feel better too. I LOVE this thread, I get to air things here that I'd NEVER normally even think about chatting about, and everyone is SO understanding and lovely! I love you guys! hug

Please don't barf at the excessive cheese factor, I mean it! wink

Seriously though, it actually really helps to chat about this stuff, it definitely gives me some perspective.

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
nice one samboflux im rooting for you! maybe i'll see you and your fair lady down in london soon!!! wink

yeah im so glad i started this thread. its heavy cheesy but love is very cheesy and i quite like a bit of cheddar. especially on digestive biscuits with butter on top its well nice.

Kev_newbie
13 posts

Posted:
Good luck Samboflux! Remember, as long as you're open about how you feel with her what's the worst that could happen? If she's not interested you should at least remain friends, and if you don't, it was never meant to be. wink

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Good luck Sambo!

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
biggrin grouphug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
edit
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153700168)

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
nightmare, well should be plenty oppurtunities for u to try again, take it you's work together or what?

, ive decided to give myself yet another slap, and get ova it and give up on this one! we'll see how long that lasts! hahahaha.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
You don't need another slap, you need a hug! hug

*aaargggh.... cheese....taking hold..... *
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153700202)

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
how u getting on sambo?

i dooo need a slap, im so confudled. frown

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Next time, I'll say it. Really I will! wink

How are U doing anyway? Still confudled? ubbloco wink
EDITED_BY: SamboFlux (1153700248)

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Damn it, psyched myself up for hours, asked her out.... got the old "I don't see you in that way" line. rolleyes

S**t

*runs off to bury head in sand* frown

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
Ah man, that sucks. Sorry dude.

hug

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
Hate to say this, but the best relationship that I've been in for a fair while (the one I'm in right now) just sorta happened ... we both got drunk and it sort of happened. But she said that when she first met initially she didn't see me that way, but that I showed her otherwise.

Soz to seem like a smug git, but you neva know. But if it's meant to happen then it will happen, without it being forced. I've found that if you do the whole formal asking out thing then, at least for me, 99% of the time it just doesn't work.

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Dude, thanks! I think you may be right there. All my previous relationships have happened like that. Cheers, I think I needed to hear that, all my mates were telling me to just go for it. Maybe it can still happen.

Right, sod it, chin up, I'm going for a spin. Wahay!

It's ALL about getting drunk... beerchug wink

Cheers guys!! hug hug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i was really gutted on saturday night when out at my local rock club for my friends 21st. try this story for unlucky:
I got chatting to a girl i met a long time ago, i didn't really know her, we just kinda met through a mutual friend one night. we got chatting on saturday night and were getting on really well, to the point where she kissed me.
i thought to myself *nice one, you're onto a winner here*. the 7 year age gap and the fact that she has a 3 year old boy did'nt bother me, age is only a number and i love kids!
she gave me and my two female friends a lift to the afterparty we were going to and we invited her in for a beer, she obliged. It was here that things changed.

she began to ignore me, so i politely asked her what was wrong. then came the reply "i fancy your mate", that was the first blow, then when i asked which one, thinking that i should just give up and help her get with said friend, she pointed and said "that one, with the blonde hair" the look on my face when i realised who it was must have been a picture.
it was one of my many lesbian friends, Bev. oh yes, the girl who i had been having a great night with and who had kissed me, was a lesbian! i could have cried!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
samboflux thats a shame, im sorry to hear that. but at the end of the day, u were brave enough to go for it and ask her, which is something to be proud of. and if ude never asked ude never have known!

im stil just as confused as ever, but never mind eh! situation has gotten slightly better but not amazing.

idancelikeatwatme - what a whitey, but at least u can say u copped off with a hot lesbian. wink

Page: