Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Butterfly weave help pls :-)

Login/Join to Participate

Blasphemous GirlSILVER Member
83 posts

Posted:
ok so butterfly weave........ i have read lots of threads about this and they all basicially say that you do the same motion as the 3bt weave (each hand does 1 circle on it's own side then 2 on the opposite)

so the move is basicially just a butterfly at each side of your body done in split time or same time and i'm pretty sure that's what i'm doing BUT each hand is doing 1 circle on the opposte side and 2 on it's own side. it kinda feels right in same time and in split time again it kinda feels right but there is a point in split time where my hans come apart (so one poi is spinning on each side of my body) which kinda looks like a "gap" in the weave.

god know's if that makes any sence, am i totally on the wrong track here, please could anyone offer any advice. weavesmiley smile

p.s. i think i've managed a TTN version as well, where i do a forwards ttn at 1 side and then reverse at the other, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the directionn of other variations of the butterfly weave. ubbrollsmile

thanks biggrin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
i do it at the same time buy i cant do b.fly weave i have to do ttn weave and again i do that the same time split time would just mess up my head

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
The 3 beat butterfly weave will have two beats on the opposite side and one on the same side, it takes a little practice to nail down.

If you are doing a forward TTN on one side (2 beats) and a reverse TTN (2 beats) on the other, you are doing the 4 beat butterfly weave. The 3 beat butterfly weave is very close to this but crosses a bit earlier.

If you know how to do a 4 beat TTN in both directions, you can turn that into a 6 beat butterfly weave.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
basically learn ttn in split time inwards and outwards, and then turn 90 degrees and do it in the same plane as a weave. Unlike the weave you can keep it going on one side so the 2:1 beat pattern is not necessary (but it kinda is to make it butterfly weave)

Now I gotta go learn how to do it with 4 bt ttn because of mtbeer damnit.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Instead of thinking of the weave in terms of side to side think of it front and back.

Try doing an inwards TTN. once your right arm has gone under the left turn to your right and throw in a butterfly buzzsaw then carry on turning to the right so you're now facing backwards and come into the outwards TTN.

With this one you can try different variations i.e. turning left instead right, varying the number of beats in both TTN and the buttery buzzsaw then move onto butterfly flowers (another thread methinks)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
Ok, if i didnt know how to do it, you lot wouldve just confused the hell out of me!

3bt butterfly weave -

Start by doing a standard same time TTN and turn your body to your right.

you should now be doing ttn on your left side.

as your left hand comes up to do it s forward beat, send it to the other side of your body instead, and as you twist, the right hand will follow on the next beat.

As soon as the right hand gets there, make the ttn movement again but bring the right hand over and back to the left side, and again the left will follow next beat.

then your back to bringing the left over the right again

Practice in four parts-

1-TTN on left side

2-hands opposite sides of the body (left arm over right)

3-TTN on right side

4-hands opposite sides (right arm over left)

do a couple of beats in each position, then start taking out beats until your going into each position fluidly, that should be it.

hope it helps!

Non-Https Image Link
weavesmiley

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: sketch

Ok, if i didnt know how to do it, you lot wouldve just confused the hell out of me!

Lol! Yup, till you stepped in there I never would have got this! Cheers dude, just learnt Butterfly weave off your vid. biggrin hug

I bet this looks badass in split-time.... smile

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Younglegendnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
wait ive never heard the phrase ttn. what does that mean?

Younglegendnewbie
13 posts

Posted:
duh never mind. shoulda thought that one through more.

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
I just figured out the antispin butterfly weave weavesmiley beerchug weavesmiley

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
imho im afraid theres no such thing,
a butterfly weave ALWAYS has one hand normal and one hand antispin,
otherwise there would be no way to perform the weave motion.
please prove me wrong! can you explain the move?

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
read my thread and i know the logistics of a weave and my move might not be completely kosher

the Only good way to quit smoking is to cut your arms off, but then how would you drink coffee?

fire puppyBRONZE Member
69 posts

Posted:
pics in my gallery under asbw