GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I was trying to get my hand wraps better from a weave earlier and thought if you could do it with butterfly. I tried and it got a bit tangled then came free.

Would it be possible to do butterfly hand wraps or not?

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
yes, in both directions, forward and reverse BF. I found reverse to be a bit easier to learn. The thing about doing them from a weave is, you may find yourself trying to wrap one poi forward, the other reverse if you're turning into wallplane like you did on your spiral wrap video.

Try a forward weave> BTL stall ( play with a same time or split time stall ) > reverse wheel/side plane handwrap with your arms straight out and parallel to the ground ( like Jesus ) You can also drop down on one knee while the poi are wrapping smile

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
hmmm, i have a lot to learn. thanks smile

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
when you're forward butterflying, instead of slightly withdrawing your hands towards yourself, push them away from you, and angle your hands slightly to one side (i generally angel slightly to the right), which helps them not tangle. they'll tangle all the way up to your wrists, and you just do exactly the opposite movement to the one which lead you to this position.

or when they are all tangled up about your wrists, you can just point your hands to the ground and they should come unwrapped all nice and easy.

smile

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.