Page:
TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Anybody do any cool stuff yesterday?
Anyone go to Stonehenge?
Got any cool pics?

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
We were playing at Gleneagles... someone with too much money paid tePooka and another group for doing a big if short show for the start of the golf tournament, so we had a fire show and people doing fireworks and drummers and some Londoners dressed up very convincingly as gargoyles and sitting on little pillars smile

Much fun, and free food, too!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Sounds ace, wish i'd been there!
i'da made a good gargoyle.
did ya get any pics?

May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face, and the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Diciple_Of_AresBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
im not doing anything until saturday, because i work, and so do all of my friends... but we are having a Litha Ritual and a Bonfire complete with BBQ!! i cant wait! the only problem is, i still have to write ritual, lmao!

"if there are no stupid questions, what do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask a question?"

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Diciple,
I work too, sucks eh, summer solstice gotta be worth pullin a sickie for, maybe next year...
ur plans sound ace, have fun!

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
frown

Summer Solstice is the most depressing day of the year. Here in the UK it means that after about a week or so of sunshine winter is coming again

frown

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Meh... nonsense... Solstice is really the start of summer biggrin hug

(Happy Solstice everyone!!!!)

We get the best weather normally between mid-july to mid-september.

The best is yet to come...

Then there's autumn ubblove

My favourite time of year smile

(dark enough to play with fire, bright enough to get some vitamins during the day, and warm enough to not need scarf, hat and gloves biggrin)

Getting to the other side smile

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Happy solstice to you too furry purple,
here comes the sun, bring it on...
and u are so right about autumn
Tinks x

sagetreeGOLD Member
organic creation
246 posts

Posted:
stonehenge was awesome. it was nice to see all the spinners. this girl i met was contact juggling while i was spinning and we had a small crowd watching (mostly her), she was really good. i met some nice people.

here is a link to a short video clip at around 4:30 a.m. on the 21st. i put a few pics in my gallery.

cedradaBRONZE Member
10 posts

Posted:
Happy (late) solstice everyone!

I didn't do anything special frown

I want to go to stone henge one of these years....

If at first you don't succeed throw a temper tantrum.

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,
cool link sagetree,
thats the kinda stuff i was after!
trying to contact u on myspace but failing miserably
Tinks x
ps cedrada, i wanna go to stonehenge next year, maybe see you there!

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
woah, sagetree, just noticed ur blog on kundalini, that is my life right now...scurries off to read avidly...
ps would love to chat to ya about this
Tinks xx

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
it's yule downunder....

hot cauldrons of mulled wine, the return of the sun and celebrations

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hmm, yes, stonehenge solstice is on my todo list next year, altho i will no doubt be having exams, see just what comes of that!

i'm afraid all i did was work, it wasn't too hectic tho like it often is.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

havocangelmember
53 posts

Posted:
I wanted to get white lilies to give out to people at work, like random customers and such, but my order got lost. I figured, if I'm going to be stuck at work, I might as well have fun with it. Alas, another holiday wasted by work.

Kathain_BowenGood Ol' Yarn For Hair
422 posts

Posted:
redface

..... Havocangel and I occassionally share a laptop..... er.... that last post about giving white lilies out, that was me..... I forgot to check if he'd logged out.

lol. Somehow, I really can't picture him giving flowers to anyone, except for maybe his mum. But, anyone other than that, and I just can't wrap my mind around it.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
good point ade, happy xmas dude
kryian - see ya next time then at stonehenge! i mite even be good at poi by then!
nice idea havocangel/kathain...confused
ahhh covered in bees....

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
As my boyfriend was going to Italy, we celebrated it a bit early. So on the way back from Sunrise Festival, we stopped by Glastonbury and walked up to the Tor. As we were heading back down, the Solstice campers were making their way up.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tinks

Sounds ace, wish i'd been there!

i'da made a good gargoyle.

did ya get any pics?

Sunbird has some but he refuses to email them to me cause it costs 20 p from his mobile phone... he wants to, however, email them to Alec who used to spin with us but is going to Canada, so I might get them off Alec (no, I don't know why he can't just copy me in the address line, too, but maybe if you ask him nicely he'll send them to you) wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tinks

good point ade, happy xmas dude

ubbrollsmile
and what a lovely yule it was biggrin

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Kia ora,

Tonight is also Matariki (Maori new year). Head out and look east for Pleiades (= Matariki/ Subaru/Seven Sisters). I'd like to say I'm going to spin some fire to celebrate but nooo, I'm going to spend the evening calculating post-hocs for a report that the Minister for the Environment will just ignore anyway (because plants don't have tails & blow-holes [add very, very bitter tone of voice to that last bit]). The things we do... rolleyes

So please, go spin something burny for me.

Ta

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
sounds like that was ace firetramp! I miss glasto tor, gotta go there soon...
ta birgit, if i come across alec I will ask him nicely
wirewood happy Matariki, will go spin for you! Don't be bitter, ministers can't help that theyre dumbasses.
what's your report on?
Tinksx

WirewoodGOLD Member
journeyman
90 posts

Posted:
Flora of banded ironstone formations (banded ironstone = iron ore = dig it up & sell it so it can turn up again 6 weeks later as a piece of cr*p that consumers can buy = very bad if you happen to be a plant that has evolved on banded ironstone). It's actually raining at the moment so spinning is probably out of the question anyway. Maybe tomorrow night...

"What drives life is...a little electric current kept up by the sunshine." Albert Szent-Gyorgi

TinksSILVER Member
foxyninjatwinkletoes
177 posts

Posted:
well good luck with the report, i like your anti consumerism, shame they never listen eh. happy spinning
Tinks

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Oh... I meant you could ask Sunbird, I'm pretty sure it's just me he won't send them to smile though Alec should be on here, too, but I'm not sure about his username!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Happy Summer Solstice 2008!

bounce

hug2

kiss

Finally it's good weather in town sunny

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

AgentFangSILVER Member
19 posts

Posted:
Happy Litha/summer solstice everyone!

PLUR
(Peace Love Unity Respect)

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
we had a small gathering on the beach, we had a gennie and P.A a rather large fire, a small yurt that we ended up filling up with hot rocks and turned into a sauna, and we had quite a lot of spinning going on I dont have any pics i dont believe in them ( i like to remember things the way i saw them and photos only spoil the ilusion sometimes) the_mods_stole_my _name should have some pics of it though

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Yeah sorry we didn't get there bud, both the drivers feebled out after a pretty heavy Friday!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
never mind you'll have to come to anougher gathering sometime, we'll be having a few this summer i feel

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
WINTER solstice here and I went to Woodford Festival site to start organising a festival that happens between Christmas and new year (thinking ahead!) .. did stand by a big warm fire for a bit and looked at the stars....that was nice and cosmic... and semi-sorted some spinners for a bonfire in town....

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Page: