Forums > Social Chat > Oi,..disagreement rears it's nasty little head again....

Login/Join to Participate

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
These stupid little kids and thier idiot dicussions....
We have a school civil war on our hands at my school..
SKATERS AGAINST THE PREPS...
for those who don't know "Prep" means.....
snoty, self-absorbed, little bratz that fill that
if you have more money you are better....
and Skaterz means little punks that have thier mind filled with tony hawk video games, The movie/show Jackass. and have no other way to spend thier time than to make fun of others....
Now i'm not getting in between any of the two 'cause they are both stupid....
I am in a diffrent class altogether....
and so is my friend. My friend is goth, and i'm a raver....
When i explain how i feel to others they don't hear me, or what i'm saying. All they hear is....
"Dude shut up, this whole thing is stupid"
which is basically what i said, but they are all younger than me, so what i say dosen't process...
i basically live by one, abrieviated word....
P.L.U.R.... if everybody did that there would be alot less violence....
But, why i made this post is to ask you what you think....
and what you feel i should tell these kids to shut them up because i have had a massive headache since monday, coz all i have heard is "SKater Hater"this, or 'No preps' that....
this kids parents are making this shirt for him and all of his friends...
it says:
SKATER HATER on the front, and on the back says
"Preps Rule" or something like that...
And the skaterz are going to hot topic to buy shirts that have "No preps" on the front like a no smoking sign and it is all very anoying...
any input is appreciated......

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
The best advice anyone could give you is to just ignore them and not get involved.It's not like the fate of the world rests on how you dress or what music you listen to.It is stupid and petty and unfortunately it doesn't change when you get out of school.

One night when I was out at a club a guy looked at my mohawk and gave me a dirty look and was like "what the f**k is that?".I simply said "if you don't like it don't look at it" and that was that.

[ 01. February 2003, 20:07: Message edited by: poiaholic22 ]

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
If you want to be part of the solution stop being part of the problem.

Clearly by the use of your language describing both the preps and the goths you hate both of them and are makeing huge blanket statements about them. Which is the same problem that's causing them to have their stupid little quarrel. The more you voice your sentiments about these groups the more you harmonize other peoples negative sentiments to these groups and the quicker the whole thing becomes skaters vs preps vs goths and ravers.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Ok, now that's just friggin' hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

Honestly, after looking at Hot Topic's website, I can't see anything there I'd actually want to own. Mass-marketing the counter-culture. Gotta love it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:

that is what it looks like....

Those stupid little kidz....
and i have no problem with the goths...
and i don't care i was just wanting it to stop....
all they talk about....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I have to say my favorite Hot Topic t-shirt would have to be my ninja monkey one.The "no preppies" shirt is pretty lame but I have found some good ones there.Here's a link for all my fellow members of the anti-establishment.

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
you gotta laugh when all the little groups start having their little lovers-tiffs. just let them get on with it they'll get bored pretty damm quick and find someone/thing else to fight against soon.
wickid website poiaholoic
ha ha ha hot topic ha ha ha, not totaly diss-ing it, i like all the nightmare before x-mas stuff but half the clothes u could make ur self e.g. get t-shirt, rip holes in it, put different fabric behind holes, save £40!! heres one i made earilier....

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear